PDA

View Full Version : TV shows you love to hate

Yojimbo
23-Aug-2007, 05:51 PM
Inspired by the mention on another thread of A-Team being a lousy TV show (Boy Meets World and My Two Dads was also mentioned), I was curious about what shows the zombie freaks and zed-heads here would designate as lousy and unworthy. Hence, I have taken the liberty of creating this thread.

Personally, there are so many that I have watched and have hated. "Small Wonder" comes to mind as does "Silver Spoons" and that putrid pile of steaming poo that is "Full House"

So what say you? Have at it and show no mercy!!!

DjfunkmasterG
23-Aug-2007, 05:54 PM
American Idol
America's Got Talent (well I sort have to give it Kudo's they had a stripper on there.)
Friends
Seinfeld

bassman
23-Aug-2007, 06:01 PM
Lost and any "reality" show with the exception of Cops...

MinionZombie
23-Aug-2007, 06:17 PM
*wades in*

Boy Meets World - awesome when I was a kid

The A-Team - still awesome, got the first three seasons so far on DVD

Friends - tired of it now that's it's CONSTANTLY circling on E4, beginning to end, forever...but I seriously dug the show, yes it's obvious and the writing isn't particularly smart most of the time, but it's just light and friendly and makes life seem less sucky when you're in a bad mood...plus Jennifer Aniston is proper fit. :cool:

Lost - it rocks, and of course they "make it up as they go along" - ALL writers do, you have a basic frame work and key elements, then you fill in the gaps and only then do the writers find out themselves what happens, because they are watching the movie/show in their head like we end up watching it on TV/silver screen. Plus, it's a good show, sometimes flawed and it's no "24", but still, I dig it.

Now, as for ... ah love to hate? Damn...

I just flat out hate all those "talent" shows (and the celebrity versions) that ITV and BBC1 are CONSTANTLY running (less so now due to the phone-in scandals, but prior it was freaking non-stop).

Also, "My Super Sweet 16" - the kids on there are f*cking disgusting, literally the worst people on the planet...except for maybe murderers and rapists. Spoiled little sh*ts having their inflated, spoiled egos stroked even more. Likewise - "the hills" or whatever, fake-ass reality shows with stupids amounts of camera set ups and sequences you could never grab in real life documenting, it's just retarded.

"Hope & Faith" (on ABC1) - sucky American sitcom featuring two washed out looking blonde chicks who are way too thin - one of them especially. They look like used up whores of the Hollywood system incarnate.

"Rodney" - it's literally filmed on the same set as "King of Queens", it has carbon-copy scripts from every sitcom realised, well, I've never really watched it, but everytime I flick through the channels and press the programme info button, it's always a plot I've seen a million times before. At least "Lucky Louie" has swearing and sex in it...

There's probably a load more, but that's all for now.

fartpants
23-Aug-2007, 06:19 PM
dog the bounty hunter, god that guy really gets on my tits. He runs about lke he's rambo or something( and his annoying wife whos as wide as she is tall) also he never chases any real felons just sad junkies who dont know what day it is, but him and his in-bred family just steam into these fools and then start acting like they caught Osama or something...... sorry to rant on but i just hate this show :mad::mad:

MissJacksonCA
23-Aug-2007, 06:38 PM
How dare you say Small Wonder was a show you hated! OMG it was so funny I loved that show...

Shows I really hate...
Anything where Bam Margera makes a photo op
According to Jim
Desperate Housewives
Oprah
Dr Phil
Full House
Boy Meets World
Phenom
The Muppet Babies
Dog the Bounty Hunter
Mind Freak
Anything with Bobby Flay
Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Yes, Dear
King of Queens
Martin
My Wife and Kids
Bernie Mac
Ugly Betty
Law and Order
CSI...Miami, Vegas, AND New York
Big Brother
Real World
hmm...

Yojimbo
23-Aug-2007, 07:00 PM
How dare you say Small Wonder was a show you hated! ...

Sorry, the creepy geek of a brother always opening up his plastic sister's body and reaching inside... pretty disturbing.

But "anything with Bobby Flay" LOL
Gotta agree with the MJ there. Hate that guy!!!!

I forgot to mention "Grace Under Fire" And that show with Reeba McIntyre?And that moronic Tyra Banks has her own efffing-eff TALK SHOW!! WTF is that about?

Yojimbo...getting...furious!!

MissJacksonCA
23-Aug-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah oh man Grace Under Fire was so bad! Also hate Tyras shows... all of 'em... and Rebas show...

a better question would be what shows d'ya like... that would then incinuate all the others are crap!

Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray... haaaaaaate her... never met her but her food always looks like something i've thrown up a few times and she's always complimenting herself wtf?

Makes sense about the kid bro reaching into Vickie's plugs n stuff... that kid creeped me out... the brother not vickie... and oh holy hell was that redhead annoying!

zombie04
23-Aug-2007, 08:32 PM
King of Queens
Law and Order

Ok, King of Queens may not be the best show around, but I'll still watch it for Kevin James. The man really is funny, but usually doesn't do work that impresses me. But this show is better than most sitcoms that are out there.

I don't know what's not to love about Law and Order. Sure they've been repeating the same plotlines for about seven years now, but at least the cast can make it worth watching sometimes...well, at least till 2004 when Jerry Orbach left. Sam Waterson is a good actor, but sometimes I think he's carrying the whole thing. But Law & Order: SVU is a lot better in my opinion.

But overall I do agree with your list.

_liam_
23-Aug-2007, 08:52 PM
i hate everything apart from doctor who, x files, twilight zone, street crime UK and the news.

and world war 2 documentaries.

anything on T4 makes my blood boil particularly

Yojimbo
23-Aug-2007, 10:18 PM
MJ raised the question: What TV do I like? Easier said than done, and had to think about it for a while.

I hate everything with the exception of a few: Doctor Who (I don't even mind the new Dr. Who) and much like Liam the X files I thought was OK with the exception of the final couple seasons where everything just seemed like a parody of itself. Ditto with Millenium, which was cool until the last season which blew royal chunks.

I still like Mr. Rodgers, even in my adult years, find it relaxing in a mindless yet charming sort of way. Strange, it's one of the few from my childhood that I can still stand, though when they go to puppet land, I kind of cannot stand the cuteness so I guess that doesn't apply. (Old Sesame Street vs. the new one with that putrid Elmo and the new hip intro, anyone?)

I liked Six Feet Under. Sopranos was largely tolerable. Weeds, less painful than a root canal, but OK too.

And of the old school: I liked and still like Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Honeymooners, and the Andy Griffith Show (but only those with Barney Fife, since Don Knotts rules) Alfred Hitchock Presents was pretty cool too.

coma
24-Aug-2007, 01:28 AM
A Team
Knight Rider
Dukes Of Hazard
(the Trinity of 80s Subtard crap)
Reba or whatever its called. That funny looking hick. UUUGH
I hate Dog The Bounty Hunter too
Americas Unfunniest Home Videos and the Animal one too with that grating smiley voiced announcer
Making The Band
The View
The Simple Life
Life Styles of the rich and Famous and by extension, Cribs

MissJacksonCA
24-Aug-2007, 01:34 AM
Law and Order used to be good... back when it was Chris Noth and Jerry Orbach... but back then it was still new to me so now as an adult of sorts its pretty mundane... I agree Sam Waterston largely carries the show but it feels hollow these days... like they're going through the motions... perhaps because its bad acting or perhaps its because it feels like the same story over and over...

I do like SVU and Criminal Intent though when it comes to CI I dont care much for the Noth/Scirroa team detectives... she reminds me of Selma Blair... its like she's sleeping the whoooole entire time...

DeadJonas190
24-Aug-2007, 05:12 AM
I hate every show on MTV, even their 3 hours shows that show music videos. They are all horrible.

I also hate The Squidbillies on Adult Swim, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, Tom Goes to the Mayor and 12 oz Mouse.

Those are about the only ones I hate, but I don't watch a lot of TV.

mista_mo
24-Aug-2007, 07:31 AM
every star trek with the exception of enterprise
oprah
dr.phil
mtv as a whole
friends
any friends spin offs
umm..virtually everything except stargate sg-1, atlantis, dirty jobs, worst jobs in history, war documentaries, and most everything on the discovery channel.

The worst is TLC though...it was a learning channel at one point, now it's the lets gawk at midgets channel while painting our huge houses.

Bull****e.

Danny
24-Aug-2007, 12:11 PM
****IN' LOST!!!!:mad: - the actings good but the plot is just absurd to the point of it being a non existent narrative that can change at any second, its the tourettes syndrome of tv season' plots.

CSI (in general) - LET ME SAVE YOU 60 MINS, THEY CATCH THE KILLER!, END OF STORY, THERE GO LIVE LIFE INSTEAD OF THE SAME PLOT EVERY EPISODE!

big brother - i dont really need to say oowt about this ...zoo, its just a sign of the decline of people nowadays in my eyes, or maybe im a tv snob expecting plot, smartly written narratives, actual acting and general entertainement that in the olden days wouldnt have been part of a travelling freak show.

soap operas - the same ****ing 5 or 6 stories in heavy rotation, and each competing show steasl the same story from each other at the same time, wow guess what some people yell, others fight and it ends of a cliffhanger ending, its the filth of tv only there to placate people like a goddamn babysitter and tell the same frikkin story year after year. seriously, if a frikkin genie gave me 1 wish id get rid of ****ing soap operas, they dumb down society on a whole.

Sunday choir shows - thats what church is for, and granted its good for christians who cant get to churchy anymore like the ill or the elderly, BUT NOT FOR FRIKKIN HOURS ON END!!

t4 and mtv can kiss my ass, anything from real world "whereever", and newlyweds reruns (they divorced like 4 years ago!) and the social ****ing travesty that is "my super sweet 16" :hurl: can all burn in tv hell along with mr ****ing rogers. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Aug-2007, 12:29 PM
Let me add Sex in the City, Desparate Housewives, The OC, Jerhico, CSI: Miami, Dallas, Laverne and Shirley, and a slew of other I can't think of at the moment. TV is too pussified for my tastes. I require a lot of action and stuff blowing up... TV can't deliver that.

zombie04
24-Aug-2007, 08:01 PM
I do like SVU and Criminal Intent though when it comes to CI I dont care much for the Noth/Scirroa team detectives... she reminds me of Selma Blair... its like she's sleeping the whoooole entire time...

I don't mind the episodes with Noth. I generally don't pay attention to his partner because I focus on him like I do Waterston in the original. I haven't watched CI in a while, but from what I've seen the show has become much better than when it started.

My one gripe with television right now is the History Channel's deviation from history. I honestly don't care about UFO's or ice truckers...at least not on a channel that was designed to show history.

RustyHicks
24-Aug-2007, 11:05 PM
Big Brother
Survivor Island
A-Team
Star Trek Voy
Joey
American Idol
Jetsons
King of the hill
Who loves Raymond

MissJacksonCA
25-Aug-2007, 12:36 AM
Well UFOs do kinda deserve their place in history... but I think there's certainly better history to show... the making of crop circles is not what I consider history... the astronauts reporting to the government they personally saw UFOs is history when the government covers it up and says ssshhh it didn't happen...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=273393&GT1=7703

I'm not sure if I really loved to hate the show... I just remember hearing about it on the telly and going 'yeah that'll be popular... NOT' ...looks like my psychic abilities were spot on... I accidentally tuned into it for a second and hated it instantly...

_liam_
25-Aug-2007, 03:38 PM
Let me add Sex in the City, Desparate Housewives, The OC, Jerhico, CSI: Miami, Dallas, Laverne and Shirley, and a slew of other I can't think of at the moment. TV is too pussified for my tastes. I require a lot of action and stuff blowing up... TV can't deliver that.

desperate housewives and sex and the city should be burned.

where is the episode where they get AIDS or fall pregnant?

oh wait, there wasnt one because it is TOTALLY UNREALISTIC!

there's a sitcom called "How i met your mother" that is hilariously unfunny. it is so so bad, they show it late at night on bbc2

MissJacksonCA
25-Aug-2007, 07:36 PM
No love for Sex and the City? WHAT? Okay okay... I agree one of them should've contracted an permanent STD instead one of them got crabs... and one of them should've been sexually assaulted but hey... but technically one of them did get knocked up... I just can't remember if it was intentional or accidental i'm leaning towards accidental though... I thought the show was great because there's no sexual misadventure that they didn't cover and it kinda showcased a mans idea of sex and how a woman sees it... I loved the whole jackrabbit thing... but technically I do hate the show... what kind of dumbass female ruins every relationship for a guy who doesn't love 'er... but thats the reality of women.. they're oft stupid

_liam_
26-Aug-2007, 12:27 AM
i just thought it was a feeble projection of what timid women think liberated, empowered women behave like. dunno, left a bad taste in my mouth.

depserate housewives i hate because it celebrates vacuous, sad slags with empty lives - as opposed to mocking them or presenting them for what they really are.

MissJacksonCA
26-Aug-2007, 01:42 AM
It was kind of pathetic that they had to keep rationalizing why they were in their 30s and rapidly approaching their 40s and couldn't hold down a single relationship with any adult males who weren't gay... I think for housewives it gave them a view of what life might have been like if they were obscenely wealthy and never married... but it was an entirely unrealistic show beyond of course the habits of men and mishaps of women... I especially enjoyed the man whose every move was controlled by his overbearing mother... reminded me so much of my stepdad who pretty much lived with his mum and insisted my mother cook like her... what a freak