PDA

View Full Version : Alien Versus Predator Requiem trailer

Rottedfreak
26-Aug-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ummRK8hS3QQ

For the uncut version check out IGN....

fartpants
26-Aug-2007, 08:12 PM
wow this looks like its gonna rock... can't wait...

CornishCorpse
26-Aug-2007, 10:54 PM
That looks like alot of fun..The first was a big let down, a few nice fight scenes but it sucked big ole whale sacks. This film looks damn good, alot more of the intenseness being carried from the alien films and the games of course. Ty for the trailer.

DVW5150
27-Aug-2007, 01:01 AM
Yes. A great trailer, however I pray they didnt just show all the great scenes in it.
Looks like theres someone from Land of the Dead in there too.
I look forward to it, the Aliens look great.
Predators well , that goes without saying.:elol:
Great post Rottedfreak!

Terran
27-Aug-2007, 02:58 AM
I hope the best but remain a skeptic.....

MissJacksonCA
27-Aug-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm really skeptical of good movie trailers because lately... every flick I see at the theater has no secretly good scenes because they use every good part in the preview... so I'm hopeful... but yet... realistic... excited despite all though...

Cykotic
27-Aug-2007, 08:23 AM
Oh yes.... I WILL see this film

and was that Robert Joy I saw there???

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2007, 10:26 AM
AvP sucked balls, this looks like it'll be better...although if it too sucked, I wouldn't be shocked.

Yes indeed that is Robert Joy, and it's also Reiko Aylesworth, the chick who played Michelle Dessler in 24. :cool: (Interestingly playing "Kelly O'Brien" ... interesting because in 24 there's a character called "Chloe O'Brien" ... no doubt not intended, but it's funny anyway). :)

And one definitely good thing - GORE. AvP was such a pussified film, PG-13 for two R-rated franchises? Are you freaking kidding me - it should have been a double-R more than anything! :eek:

Fingers crossed it'll be worth viewing, no doubt it'll be better than the first AvP because by the looks of things that Anderson nob isn't involved in it, and they're going back to the original character designs, well not original for the Alien, but the "Aliens" style ridge-headed design - nice. :)

slickwilly13
27-Aug-2007, 11:35 AM
Best have a R rating this time. And I hope the people who made the first movie have nothing to do with this one.

bassman
27-Aug-2007, 12:16 PM
Best have a R rating this time. And I hope the people who made the first movie have nothing to do with this one.

You're correct on both. The directors have stated in the past that this WILL be a hard R like the two franchises and Anderson isn't connected in any way.

This should definitely be better than Anderson's crap flick...

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2007, 12:55 PM
*wipes sweat from mush*

Thank heaven's for that then! PWSA blew chunks all over RE and AvP, he seems to have a knack at sapping the life out of franchises and pimping out some soft-arse, namby-pamby turd afterwards.

Both franchises are violent and bloody, that's just simply not PG-13 material, you can't condense something down the rating's scale, it doesn't work. You can however increase a rating quite easily and make a film better - which just goes to prove that sex & violence are both awesome. :D:cool:

slickwilly13
27-Aug-2007, 02:31 PM
Good. Maybe now I can finally see a screen adaption of the popular Dark Horse comics version the way it was meant to be seen. I was so pissed to see the last movie after waiting over 10 years to see it. Who in the hell makes movies PG-13 that were hard R's, especially, the Predator series? What if Jason vs Freddy was PG-13?

bassman
27-Aug-2007, 03:13 PM
Being that this one isn't a direct sequel to Anderson's "AVP", I'm just going to forget the first and hopefully this will be the film that the first should have been.

Hopefully Anderson will get shown up and not be allowed around anymore pre existing franchises....

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2007, 06:19 PM
Being that this one isn't a direct sequel to Anderson's "AVP", I'm just going to forget the first and hopefully this will be the film that the first should have been.

Hopefully Anderson will get shown up and not be allowed around anymore pre existing franchises....
HERE HERE!! :thumbsup:

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah, the first AVP sucked moose balls through straws...i was totally let down by that, but from what i've seen on this trailer, i will definitely be there opening weekend to check this one out! looks KILLER:skull:

DVW5150
27-Aug-2007, 11:20 PM
...read it years ago , aliens on earth.
Anybody ever read Earth Hive?
It was very good.:skull:
The aliens have the same sounds as they always have.Franchises always lose strength when the films compromised in some way.
The people that made 'Resurrection' in 1998 did a great job.
I like Alien:Resurrection, alot.
I am sure to draw some fire there.
I liked it , so there.
*ducks flying potato*

CornishCorpse
30-Aug-2007, 09:24 PM
Earth Hive? Rings a bell..Is that the one where Earth has been consumed and theres one ship left floating through space with Hudson,Newt and some other Marines? If you could reccomend any good Alien Comics Id be appreciate it much DVW! Aliens the novel was quite good too.

bassman
30-Aug-2007, 11:21 PM
The people that made 'Resurrection' in 1998 did a great job.
I like Alien:Resurrection, alot.
I am sure to draw some fire there.
I liked it , so there.
*ducks flying potato*

Interesting. It's my least favorite of the series(excluding AVP, if that counts) but i'm just curious to know how you rank the Alien films. "Resurrection" has a sort of mindless entertainment factor going for it, but the sheer power of the first two films is incredible. I've actually never been able to decide which is the best between the first two films. They're really different in so many ways that it's hard to compare.

I know the first scared the sh*t out of me.....the second did the same but it was more of a action/army film than a scifi thriller. So those two really are the same in my books..

EvilNed
31-Aug-2007, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed Resurrection alot too. It was visually the most pleasant, the plot was well worked out and the special effects were AMAZING. I like all Alien films for one simple reason: They are very different from each other and they all put their own spin on the series.

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 01:07 PM
Check out these photos (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-10-25-aliens-predator_N.htm)from USA Today. I'm assuming these are the first photos of the Alien/Predator hybrid(Why did they keep this aspect from Andersons POS film?!?!?).

They're calling it a "Predalien".:|

Hopefully this will be the film we should have had in the first place. Everything so far looks great. Well....actually i'm not to sure about this "Predalien" thing...

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2007, 05:40 PM
I like the "back to basics" aspect. AvP sucked balls, the sequel - without whats'isname involved - is looking decent. Here's hoping for quality - the return to a solid "R" rating is welcome too, I mean PG-13?! COME ON! :eek:

AcesandEights
27-Oct-2007, 12:14 AM
The last time they went the hybrid route it sucked balls, so I've definite reservations about this now. It's just like some hack writer or studio execs to think: great franchise + great franchise = sh1t ton of money off of a mailed in, half-assed attempt at a movie.

bassman
27-Oct-2007, 05:48 AM
The last time they went the hybrid route it sucked balls, so I've definite reservations about this now. It's just like some hack writer or studio execs to think: great franchise + great franchise = sh1t ton of money off of a mailed in, half-assed attempt at a movie.

I'm confused. When was the hybrid used before? To my recollection, it's never been done.....with the exception of the end of Anderson's crap film....

AcesandEights
27-Oct-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm confused. When was the hybrid used before? To my recollection, it's never been done.....with the exception of the end of Anderson's crap film....

Alien/Human hybrid in Alien Resurrection is to what I am referring. It was done poorly then and is just being retreaded in a Hollywood deathspiral of "Oh that would be badass!"

bassman
27-Oct-2007, 06:41 AM
Alien/Human hybrid in Alien Resurrection is to what I am referring. It was done poorly then and is just being retreaded in a Hollywood deathspiral of "Oh that would be badass!"

OH! You're talking about the alien/Ripley hybrid, right? I was thinking about the Alien/Predator hybrid.

If that's what you're talking about.....yeah, Resurrection sucked....

AcesandEights
27-Oct-2007, 06:48 AM
yeah, Resurrection sucked....

Exactly! :D

Legion2213
27-Oct-2007, 02:08 PM
This looks good...mucho carnage (and the Yautja are just plain ****ing cool). :)