Day
Night (origin, remake)
burial ground
the dead next door
rotld 1 2
lucio fulcis zombie
resident evil
zombie holocaust

any other good ones out there? 28 weeks later worth getting? or is it out yet?

maybe zombie memorabillia?

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2007, 09:18 PM
28 weeks later was pretty good, but i'm pretty sure it's not out on dvd yet, unless you've got a buddy serving overseas in iraq or afghanistan, where they (third-country nationals who are employed on base) got bootleg dvd's practically falling out of their turbans. if you're lucky, you can get some connects:cool:

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2007, 10:27 PM
28 Days/Weeks Later is not a zombie movie, it's an infection movie, they're never zombies, merely rage-infected human beings...like rabid people.

*ahem* Now that I've got my nerd out of the way, yes, 28 Weeks Later is soon coming out on Region 2 DVD, will no doubt be a while until it's out in the USA, but it is worth seeing for sure.

What do you mean by "want a new zombie movie" anyway? :confused:

Cody
27-Aug-2007, 11:08 PM
well one thats not on the list I made, am I missing any gud'ns?

I know the crazies isnt a zombie movie but I heard it was good

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2007, 12:10 AM
The Crazies is a great infection movie.

Shaun of the Dead is obviously awesome too. :cool:

major jay
28-Aug-2007, 12:30 AM
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. It was made in England by Spanish director Jorge Grau. It moves a little slow but it's pretty cool watching zombies invading the English country side.

clanglee
28-Aug-2007, 01:15 AM
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is indeed pretty good. Not your typical zombies, but the hospital scene was cool. Here's a weird one for ya. Grapes of Death. Not REALLY a zombie movie, but close enough. French movie about a wine that makes everyone crazy. Lots of interesting gore (for it's time) and nudity(which is always a plus).

Cody
28-Aug-2007, 01:16 AM
oops forgot shaun, well as long as its better then I think its call "gravedigger"?

AcesandEights
28-Aug-2007, 01:28 AM
28 Days/Weeks Later is not a zombie movie, it's an infection movie, they're never zombies, merely rage-infected human beings...like rabid people.

I was going to make fun of you for this statement, but it's just not worth it. If you can't see that the films fit thematically and that some people's definitions of what a zombie is differ from yours, then... :rolleyes:

Anyway, 28 Weeks Later isn't out till October and if you don't own Shaun you have to grab it Cody.

clanglee
28-Aug-2007, 01:45 AM
Oh!! and Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Classic!! By the writer/director of Porkey's. A bad movie, but great for all that.

Yojimbo
28-Aug-2007, 02:19 AM
alright so its about time I got a new one
I Have:

Dawn (orig, remake)
Day
Night (origin, remake)
burial ground
the dead next door
rotld 1 2
lucio fulcis zombie
resident evil
zombie holocaust

Check out these, maybe you like?

Cemetery Man
Wild Zero
The Quick and The Undead
(and when it is released) --> FIDO
Shaun of the Dead
(and even though it is not a zombie film, per se) ---> The Crazies
(and included here just for the hell of it) ---> Carnival of Lost Souls
If you see any of these, let me know what you think dude!

clanglee
28-Aug-2007, 03:02 AM
Check out these, maybe you like?

Cemetery Man
Wild Zero
The Quick and The Undead
(and when it is released) --> FIDO
Shaun of the Dead
(and even though it is not a zombie film, per se) ---> The Crazies
(and included here just for the hell of it) ---> Carnival of Lost Souls
If you see any of these, let me know what you think dude!

Yeah, The Quick and the Undead wasn't too bad actually. Low budget as hell, and kind of meandering. but they did alright with what they had, and it was a pretty cool idea.

Cemetery man is a must!! (forgot about that one)

what's wild zero?

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2007, 10:23 AM
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie may also go by the title The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue ... or maybe that's only in the UK.

Aces - if the filmmakers, including the director and writer of the feckin' thing, say they aren't zombies - they aren't zombies. Also, they never die during infection, they are humans throughout, just rage-infected, much like rabies.

In 28 D/W Later they are capable of complex physical control over themselves, and most evidently in 28 Weeks Later - complex, rational thought.

Zombies are essentially violent idiots with no control over themselves, at least, not skilled athletic ability. :sneaky:

As a mega-nerd on the issue, you all knew I couldn't shaddup about it...it's as tried & true & sure as the sky is blue. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Aug-2007, 12:43 PM

*ahem* Now that I've got my nerd out of the way, yes, 28 Weeks Later is soon coming out on Region 2 DVD, will no doubt be a while until it's out in the USA, but it is worth seeing for sure.

What do you mean by "want a new zombie movie" anyway? :confused:

For all intensive purposes and by the median definition of zombie, they are ZOMBIES! :D

EvilNed
28-Aug-2007, 01:23 PM
28 films fall within the zombie genre no matter what purists say, and are actually quite good. if you haven't seen them, treat yourself to them. They are very good.

Otherwise I recommend Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue. Or Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things! Both focus on suspense rather than gore.

jim102016
28-Aug-2007, 01:48 PM
28 weeks later was pretty good, but i'm pretty sure it's not out on dvd yet, unless you've got a buddy serving overseas in iraq or afghanistan, where they (third-country nationals who are employed on base) got bootleg dvd's practically falling out of their turbans. if you're lucky, you can get some connects:cool:

I bought one of those boot-legged DVDs when I was over there. In fact it was Land, because I was dying to see it. The only thing hald decent about it was the sound, the picture was in black & white and severely blurred to where I couldn't tell what was going on. Save your money!

If you can hold out a few months you'll be able to see Diary on the big screen. Premiere is next month, I haven't seen the date for full-fledged release.

ProfessorChaos
28-Aug-2007, 06:12 PM
I bought one of those boot-legged DVDs when I was over there. In fact it was Land, because I was dying to see it. The only thing hald decent about it was the sound, the picture was in black & white and severely blurred to where I couldn't tell what was going on. Save your money!

If you can hold out a few months you'll be able to see Diary on the big screen. Premiere is next month, I haven't seen the date for full-fledged release.

that sucks about your land dvd. when i was in iraq, i got a copy of kill bill 1 & 2 on one disc, with perfect quality (aside from lack of subtitles during the scenes where japanese is spoken, but they are available, so you just turn 'em on during those scenes) for 3 bucks. my bud just sent my spidey 3, it should arrive within a week.

what's this about a release date for diary?!?!?! did i miss something?:(

jim102016
28-Aug-2007, 06:46 PM
that sucks about your land dvd. when i was in iraq, i got a copy of kill bill 1 & 2 on one disc, with perfect quality (aside from lack of subtitles during the scenes where japanese is spoken, but they are available, so you just turn 'em on during those scenes) for 3 bucks. my bud just sent my spidey 3, it should arrive within a week.

what's this about a release date for diary?!?!?! did i miss something?:(

I got most of my entertainment watching the hilarious and quite dangerous building precautions (or lack of) of thrid world country workers.

Diary is supposed to premiere in Canada at the Toronto Film festival next month, so it can't be too much longer!

fartpants
29-Aug-2007, 05:46 PM
alright so its about time I got a new one
I Have:

Dawn (orig, remake)
Day
Night (origin, remake)
burial ground
the dead next door
rotld 1 2
lucio fulcis zombie
resident evil
zombie holocaust

just dont even consider Contagium, even if its really cheap... no even if its free still dont touch it with a bargepole ( trust me you will regret it if you do )

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 05:53 PM
fartpants you and I both know thats not a zombie movie.

clanglee
29-Aug-2007, 07:24 PM
Contagium was pretty God Awful. Really really awful. Oh so bad.

MissJacksonCA
31-Aug-2007, 08:09 AM
28 weeks later will be out oct 4th i'm pretty sure...

Shaun of the Dead :)