PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Remake

spindrift68
28-Aug-2007, 04:58 PM
Anyone going to see it?

MissJacksonCA
28-Aug-2007, 10:13 PM
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee... i'm always willing to throw away money on bad movies

DjfunkmasterG
28-Aug-2007, 10:29 PM
Why throw money away when you can download the work print? :D

I am still going to see it though, but I want to see the version before re-shoots.

bassman
29-Aug-2007, 12:30 AM
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee... i'm always willing to throw away money on bad movies

Where did you get your time machine? I'm in the market for one.:|

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 12:58 AM
I've already seen the moive through commercials

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2007, 01:07 AM
Ok I am watching the work print and I can sum it up in one word...

SUCKS

Two Words

REALLY SUCKS

three words

REALLY F U C K I N G Sucks

now I hope the re-shoot version is better because this is really horrible. You will be sitting there counting the seconds go by and wondering why did they bother with this remake.

My Pet Peeves (spoilers)

The guy playing Meyers is like 10 ft tall, he dwarfs everyone in the cast, WTF was RZ thinking?

He needs to stop casting his wife, she CAN NOT act. He white trash stripper character is horrible and annoying.

The intial murders are made out to be something bigger than how they are portrayed, yeah Michael did do some brutal stuff, but there was no sensationalism during the time after the murders and when comes old enough to leave the asylum they have a parole hearing and they make it seem like he is this huge mass murder who killed an entire town... he kills three people then gets locked up.

The interaction between Loomis and Meyers is so off base it is pointless and worthless not too mention they fly by scenes with no dialog to explain the sessions. RZ just run and gunned this stuff and doesn't deliver on his promise to delve into the psyche of Meyers.

Honestly, this work print is just an hour and 50 minutes of fodder that will leave you as bored as one can get.

Side note: if you get the work print keep in mind the soundtrack is temporary and uses the original theme along from other selections from Tyler Bates library, including a lot of the music from the DAWN remake.

PJoseph
29-Aug-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm going to see it first thing in the morning - mosly so I don't have to hear anyone else tell me about it because I just want it to be over.

I saw the panel at Comicon (I posted this elsewhere on the site). Rob Zombie, nor anyone else there, gave me hope it was going to be even remotely decent. And then I saw the clip...now, just before this clip Zombie had said "this isn't going to be a film with a guy in a mask just chasing a girl around"...and then the clip he showed was FIVE MINUTES of exactly that...and not even five good minutes. It was boring and conventional - never scary. (Even out of context, it could have been scary.)

So, of course I will pay to see it because I'm a fool for horror films and I support them. And I like Rob Zombie - I think he's an interesting filmmaker.

Maybe I'll be surprised.

pJ

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 02:40 AM
What is this work print you speak of? I'm confused...

Time machine? I just said I was going to see it and that since i've paid a lot of money to see crap movies why would I stop now and boycott seeing Halloween? Or is it because i'm already labeling it a crap movie?

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah I didnt know what work print was either, maybe a downloading program? or some kinda sexy workshop.

bassman
29-Aug-2007, 03:48 AM

Time machine? I just said I was going to see it and that since i've paid a lot of money to see crap movies why would I stop now and boycott seeing Halloween? Or is it because i'm already labeling it a crap movie?

My bad. I thought you were already labeling it as a crap film. My apologies.

I'm really 50/50. I disliked "House of 1000 Corpses", but I loved "The Devil's Rejects". So it could go either way.

I will say this, though. Seeing as how Zombie tapped into that 70's vibe with "TDR", If he uses a similar tactic with this film I will most likely be pleased. Then again, I've never felt that the original "Halloween" is as strong as alot of people make it out to be.:shifty:

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm really 50/50. I disliked "House of 1000 Corpses", but I loved "The Devil's Rejects". So it could go either way.

Me too.

Danny
29-Aug-2007, 10:16 AM
to be honest i never thought it would outdo carpenters, halloween is THE greatest slasher film in my eyes, i think ill just enjoy zombies for what it is and if its bad its bad ill save my judgement till i see it.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2007, 11:06 AM

Every movie made has what they call a work print. It is a working version of the film during post production. In this case RZ and his team put together a 110 minute work print which was probably used to show studio bosses. Some how this Work Print was unleashed on the internet, and everyone and their brother has been downloading it and watching it.

I have however heard about the changes. (SPOILERS)

In the Work Print vs. The Theatrical Release they cut;

the rape scene is out.

The ending has been changed completely re-done. (Word is Malcolm McDowell is not happy with new ending)

How Meyers gets out of the hospital has been changed.

Danny
29-Aug-2007, 11:10 AM
well considering they wanted zombie to make myers be supernatural and have "ghostly powers" so yeaaahh, change aint allways good. so this news doesnt bode well with me.

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 05:29 PM
I did enjoy the Devils Rejects but not House of 1000 corpses... but my big thing with RZ is all his movies look the same, use the same actors, and have the same feel... I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing in filmmaking but from my perspective it gives me the opinion of you seen one you've seen 'em all...

ProfessorChaos
29-Aug-2007, 05:36 PM
did zombie really put his wife in this film too?!?!?

i guess that's the only way she can get work, huh?:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2007, 06:09 PM
Well unless she works at a Strip Club.

Which I wouldn't mind seeing her do the pole for real. :D

CoinReturn
29-Aug-2007, 06:46 PM
I watched the work print a few nights ago. One word to sum it up: "Meh."

Its way too "by the book", and the movie isn't scary at all. I guess its worth seeing, but only at a matinée price.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2007, 11:31 PM
They have the work print online through Google Video

http://www.onlinecinema.org/watch/335/Halloween/1

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the link and OMG Ken Foree's in it!

PJoseph
31-Aug-2007, 03:44 AM
Yes, Ken is in it. He was very excited to see he made the trailer.

And regarding Sherry Moon, she said at the Comic Con panel that she would only act in her husband's movies as she already has her own business and doesn't want to act for anyone else.

And I have my tix for tomorrow morning so I can get it out of the way - that's how excited I am. :)

pJ

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2007, 10:16 AM
Tomato Meter at 13%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/halloween/