PDA

View Full Version : Not that there's anything wrong with that...

MissJacksonCA
28-Aug-2007, 09:59 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/craig-says-i-am-not-gay-did-no-wrong/n20070828173509990010

Uh oh someones in trouble...

I think its hilarious I heard a Republican blaming Democrats for their anti-gay marriage stance because when a Democrat publishes a story about a gay Republican who's been caught soliciting a cop for sexual pleasure that they're essentially forcing Republicans to take a stance against whatever... the person even went to far as to say he felt bad for Craig because he had to hide his sexuality due to his parties beliefs and because he felt he wouldn't be accepted.

Personally hearing this about a member of the Democratic party or Republican party doesn't bother me so much as its a man who's lived a life of lies and secretly wanted other men. It freaks me out because in this day and age... why would you hide it? I get that he was political and perhaps that made it necessary for him in his eyes but yeah I think this reflects poorly on the Republican party because they have such a seemingly strong stance on anti-gay marriage and similarly should also have an anti-gay stance.

Yojimbo
29-Aug-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, the Republican party has to cater to the bible belt voters who have a true believer stance against anything gay.

On the issue of why someone would hide their gayness in this day and age: Certainly a lot of has changed that has made the climate more accepting of gay folks, but I think this is largely a phenomenon of major cities where there is a progressive mentality. But this is not the case everywhere in the United States of America. I have heard that they still lynch gay folks and minorities in some parts of the US. As an asian, I know that there are areas where I would not be accepted. SO if they are unwilling to accept an asian in those areas because we are different than the majority there then it would follow that they would be unwilling to accept a gay person.

But soliciting sex in a public restroom, gay or not, is pretty lame if you ask me.

AcesandEights
29-Aug-2007, 02:22 AM
But soliciting sex in a public restroom, gay or not, is pretty lame if you ask me.

Yup, it hasn't been the 70s for a lonnnnng time.

coma
29-Aug-2007, 02:27 AM
Y
His original excuse was he was scared of all the black people there and one, he thought, was going to rob him so he offered a blow job in self defense.
I AM NOT KIDDING

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 02:44 AM
Cheers t'ya there mate... there are still some rear-backwords parts of the country where its dangerous to be gay and where its seemingly okay to beat your wife... tis a damn shame...

strayrider
29-Aug-2007, 03:10 AM
This, somehow, has to be George Bush's fault.

-stray-

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 03:14 AM
some how some way

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 03:19 AM
Of course its his fault... when he cut off Craig sexually Craig was then forced into finding man love in the arms of strangers...

coma
29-Aug-2007, 03:34 AM
This, somehow, has to be George Bush's fault.

-stray-
Not that, but just an endless meaningless war, total destruction of civil liberties and making us a feared but, ironically, a laughing stock around the world.

So he can be absolved of the blowjob

AcesandEights
29-Aug-2007, 03:50 AM
So he can be absolved of the blowjob

Yes, please...focusing on a blow job when the country and the world have so many real problems would be absurd to the nth degree. Oh, waaaaaait, a tick :rolleyes:

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 04:20 AM
did someone say blowjob?!?!!

GRMonLI
29-Aug-2007, 12:59 PM
His original excuse was he was scared of all the black people there and one, he thought, was going to rob him so he offered a blow job in self defense.
I AM NOT KIDDING

Florida Republican Pleads Not Guilty To Gay Sex Solicitation Charge
by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

Posted: August 24, 2007 - 3:00 pm ET

(Tampa, Florida) State Rep. Bob Allen (R) has pleaded not guilty to charges he offered an undercover police officer cash for sex.

Allen, a longtime foe of LGBT rights in Florida, was not in court - opting instead to submit his plea in writing.

His attorney is expected to ask a judge on Monday to dismiss the case. If that is unsuccessful, the lawyer said he will submit a motion to have an audio take recording suppressed of an interview Allen gave to police following his arrest.

was busted last month in a sting at Veteran's Memorial Park in Titusville, Florida. (story)

In taped statements made by Allen to police following his arrest and released by the force Allen admits to soliciting the male officer but claims that it was the result of being nervous by the high number of black men in the park.

"I certainly wasn't there to have sex with anybody and certainly wasn't there to exchange money for it," Allen told officers.

Of the arresting officer Allen said in the tape, "This was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park."

He claimed he feared he "was about to be a statistic" would have said anything just to get away.

But on the tape Allen also admits warning the undercover cop that "undercover cops" were in the area and the man should be careful.

"I said they're around here, you ought to know about that."

He only realized he was talking to an officer when he flashed his badge.

The arresting officer's handwritten report on the arrest also was released by the force.

Titusville Officer Danny Kavanaugh who was on plainclothes duty says he observed Allen entering the washroom twice. Kavanaugh said he was drying his hands in a stall when Allen peered over the stall door.

The officer's report said that after peering over the stall a second time, Allen pushed open the door and joined Kavanaugh inside. Allen muttered "'hi,'v" and then said, "'this is kind of a public place, isn't it,'" the report said.

Kavanaugh wrote that he asked Allen about going somewhere else and Allen suggested going "across the bridge, it's quieter over there."

"Well look, man, I'm trying to make some money; you think you can hook me up with 20 bucks?" Kavanaugh wrote in the report that he had asked Allen.

The Republican lawmaker, the report said, replied, "Sure, I can do that, but this place is too public."

According to Kavanaugh's statement, the officer said, "do you want just (oral sex)?" and Allen replied, "I was thinking you would want one."

It was at that point Allen was arrested.

Ironically, Allen was the Police Union's 2007 Lawmaker of the Year.

In the last session of the Florida legislature he sponsored a failed bill that would have tightened the state's prohibition on public sex. He also has been a supporter of amending the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage and has opposed a bill to curb bullying of gay students.

If convicted of solicitation Allen could face as much as one year in jail.

Prior to his arrest Allen was a co-chair of Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign in Florida, a position he has since resigned.

©365Gay.com 2007

coma
29-Aug-2007, 01:36 PM
Whoops! Theres too many hypocrites to keep track of:lol:

Danny
29-Aug-2007, 01:54 PM
"different strokes for different folk's":lol:

-inceidentally miss jay you post a lot of ...questionable articles in the general discussion section, do you actively look for these kind of stories or something?

im just sayin'

AcesandEights
29-Aug-2007, 03:09 PM
-inceidentally miss jay you post a lot of ...questionable articles in the general discussion section, do you actively look for these kind of stories or something?

im just sayin'

Yeah, it almost seems to be a compulsion :eek: