PDA

View Full Version : the fanboy arguements: what do you think they are?

mista_mo
30-Aug-2007, 07:05 AM
heres what i have gathered from my observations of this forum, and i believe that they are the main ones:

PS3
it's the most powerful system on the market, rivilling some pcs in graphical output.
it may cost more, but you get a blu ray player, high quality graphics, and the potential for truly massive amounts of bodies on screen at one time.

X-box 360
largest game library so far.
x-box live.
halo 3/bioshock.

Wii
Innovative controllers let you feel as if you were apart of the game.
more involved gameplay, and generally funner then either of the other two systems on current market.
it's sold 10 million units so it must be good.

add more in additional posts, and we can get a great big list a goin!

However, one tiny thing. If you post comments, please please please try to be as impartial as possible. We all know i hate the wii with a passion, and i truly do believe that it's a piece of s*it, but i didn't mention any of taht in my fanboy listing.

The purpose of this post is to try and compile all the various fanboy arguements into one thread, so post away your ideas.

Cody
30-Aug-2007, 03:39 PM
360 needs more loving then that man. DEAD RISING

Terran
30-Aug-2007, 05:38 PM
When you say Fanboy arguements I generally think of irrational arguements to support their system....

Can you clarify what your looking for?....Do you just want arguements that people use for their desired system....both irrational and rational.....

Cause you said "fanboy arguements" but some of the examples you used seem like pretty rational arguements....

mista_mo
30-Aug-2007, 05:45 PM
true, but alot of fanboys will take the good qualities of the system and over look the ass side of said system. I more or less classify all those as fan boy arguements for the above reason.

however, some of the more irrational ones may be good as well

Terran
30-Aug-2007, 05:59 PM
A common one used against Wii from both Sony fans and Xbox fans....is that Wii only has Kiddy Games.....another Wii has bad graphics....

PS3 you hear often from fanboys that their CPU is superior....
Xbox 360 you hear often from fanboys that their GPU is superior.....

And then theirs the franchise arguement....
[insert console] has [insert franchise] and [insert console] does not....
Example.... PS3 has Metal franchise and Xbox 360 does not.....Wii has Mario/Metroid/Zelda and others do not....

One heard often from the Wii camp is that there are more creative and new types of games...

These are the arguements I can think of off the top of my head