View Full Version : Damn Blue Dragon wasnt rated very well....

Terran
30-Aug-2007, 12:39 PM
And I was really looking forward to it....

From a great developer team.....wierd....

Only rated a 6.0....
Looks like all I have to look forward to and the only reason Ill have to buy a 360 is Mass Effect

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/bluedragon/review.html?sid=6177861&tag=topslot;title;1

slickwilly13
30-Aug-2007, 04:19 PM
Don't let the ratings bother you. I played the demo and enjoyed it. There are a number of games with either bad or mediocore ratings that were very enjoyable. F#ck GameSpot, Game Informer, and all the rest. I will definately buy Blue Dragon down the road.

CoinReturn
30-Aug-2007, 07:19 PM
I saw that review too, but it didn't sway me, I'll still probably buy it. I think the reviewers were looking for something fresh and new, which Blue Dragon is not. Its a simple, classic Japanese RPG with a light hearted story and traditional characters. Gamespot seems to have given it the lowest score yet. It recieved a 7.9 from IGN, and a 7.5 from GameTrailers.com.

With all these gritty, blood soaked first person shooters and racers occupying my gaming time, a slower paced RPG with Pixar-like art direction is just what the doctor ordered. Not to mention some of the collaborators worked on Chrono Trigger, and the soundtrack is supposed to be excellent.

capncnut
30-Aug-2007, 07:26 PM
Indeed, don't let the opinion of one reviewer sway you, it was probably written by some Final Fantasy diehard waving his rattle around. Investigate it yourself. I got a friend who is absolutely RAVING about Blue Dragon at the moment.

Incidentally, one of my all-time favourite games, Shadow of Memories, was only given 3 out of 10 in the Official Xbox Magazine...

Danny
30-Aug-2007, 08:11 PM
it reminds me of final fnatasy X meets dragonball so it looks right up my alley gaeming wise, im definatley gonna get it.

CoinReturn
01-Sep-2007, 04:11 AM
I've been playing it for about an hour and a half now, and I think its fantastic. A definite purchase if you're in to Japanese RPGs.