PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson tries to commit suicide?

Neil
30-Aug-2007, 01:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6966289.stm

&

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6969985.stm

bassman
30-Aug-2007, 01:43 PM
I guess having an awesome career and being set for life is too much to handle.:confused:

AcesandEights
30-Aug-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, he did lose out on Kate Hudson, which some might think would suck for him. The nail in the coffin? She's with that Dax guy who got his break on that crappy Punked show and was in that movie 'Without a Paddle' and...maybe some other stuff by now.

I wonder if he was painted up like an indian, blitzed on peyote and driving his hot rod at the time.

Cody
30-Aug-2007, 03:36 PM
I would of never thought the guy with the nose would of done that

DVW5150
30-Aug-2007, 03:37 PM
The man is a very good actor.
According to his lawyer, he was on anti-depressants(most likely zanax or alprazalam) , no payote or cannabis.
About the career remark, ....
So we forget that people that have successful acting careers are humans.
They arent the characters they play.
I obviously like the guys contribution to cinema, "Behind Enemy Lines" was great."Armegeddon"...
In 'Meet the Parents ' he was friggin funny as sh!t.
But fame isnt what its cracked up to be.
No I dont feel sorry for anybody that has lots of money, but when that money is earned with a gift of talent, well that can make people jealous.
Whether they admit it or not, or get pissed off ; Its true.
I repsect those that earn thier living at something that takes intuitive sense.If you want to make value judgements, well it shows ones character to do so.
If he had been successful and killed himself, I can only imagine the harsh cold comments that would be here.
Lastly, I attempted it once, in 1994.
When the VA declared my benefits were to be stopped.
Never mind about me, I keep getting off the subject.
I simply want to point out why I understand. I know what its like to want to snuff it, its not funny.
Owen is in a completely different situation than I , but the core of depression is common. I had friends that helped me.
Owen needs his friends; he doesnt need approval from me, or anyone else.:moon:

bassman
30-Aug-2007, 03:49 PM
What he needs is to get a grip. I've been down in the dumps plenty of times but even considering suicide is stupid and just a way to pussy out of things. It's dumb no matter who you are or your position in life. I have no sympathy for someone trying to give up on something so great.

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2007, 04:23 PM
Aye I heard about this just yesterday, some crazy sh*t...I think it's kinda unfair to criticise him when we don't know him personally, nor his personal life. Being a celeb won't be all roses & kittens, especially as they're just like every other human being (bar the money & fame - which are essentially 'on the surface' kinda things)...

Apparently he was well cut up over the Kate Hudson thing, although didn't he do the breaking up? Hmmm...although, look at Ziggy in Big Brother, he called it off (*ahem* twice) with Chanelle and all he does is mope around while she's having a brilliant time out of the house, trouncing all over Charley's chances of fame, haha!

Anyway...nobody but Owen Wilson knows what is going on inside Owen Wilson's head...yes he leads a great and privileged life, but nothing in life is cut & dry, black & white...there's clearly something going on.

It's like comedians - jolly, happy chaps on the stage, but they often lead troubled and dark lives plagued by depression, mental illness and/or a whole host of problems.

coma
30-Aug-2007, 04:24 PM
He wrote Rushmore. Thats enough for me. I love that movie.
Give the guy a break. Not everybody is as strong as they would like to be

Ivarr
30-Aug-2007, 04:38 PM
Its time to remember that we are all human...

Our brains some times work in odd ways (or stop working correctly) and Mental health issues always get treated like excuses by the masses at large... No one wants to believe that their own brain can turn on them.

Brain chemistry, emotional state, stress and many other factors can conspire to rob you of your ability to "snap out of it".

I hope the guy gets well and gets back to a good place in his life.

There are plenty of people who I wish ill every day ... So I am far from perfect... But this guy has made me laugh and his movies help take my mind off my own **** now and again ...

Best wishes to him.

Terran
30-Aug-2007, 05:48 PM
Hes awsome in Bottle Rocket.....

He didnt "write" Rushmore he cowrote it with Wes Anderson

He also cowrote Bottle Rocket with Wes Anderson

He also cowrote The Royal Tenebaums with Wes Anderson

but he didnt cowrite The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou that was with
Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach

coma
30-Aug-2007, 05:58 PM
Hes awsome in Bottle Rocket.....

He didnt "write" Rushmore he cowrote it with Wes Anderson

He also cowrote Bottle Rocket with Wes Anderson

He also cowrote The Royal Tenebaums with Wes Anderson

but he didnt cowrite The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou that was with
Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach
So, he cowrote Rushmore. He still helped create one of my favorite movies, you picky bastid:lol:

Tricky
30-Aug-2007, 06:01 PM
Its time to remember that we are all human...

Our brains some times work in odd ways (or stop working correctly) and Mental health issues always get treated like excuses by the masses at large... No one wants to believe that their own brain can turn on them.

Brain chemistry, emotional state, stress and many other factors can conspire to rob you of your ability to "snap out of it".

I hope the guy gets well and gets back to a good place in his life.

There are plenty of people who I wish ill every day ... So I am far from perfect... But this guy has made me laugh and his movies help take my mind off my own **** now and again ...

Best wishes to him.

Been there myself & i sympathise with him,people who say those with depression & all its bizarre symptoms are "pussying out" obviously have no idea what its like & probably lack any empathy for anyone other than themselves

Terran
30-Aug-2007, 06:02 PM
So, he cowrote Rushmore. He still helped create one of my favorite movies, you picky bastid:lol:

Its not a bad movie to be a favorite....I find it hard to pick a favorite out of all those Wes Anderson movies though I am a bit partial to Bottle Rocket and Bill Murray's character in both Rushmore and Life Aquatic....I almost consider them like one movie cause there is so many thematic similarities....a great body of work so far I look forward to future movies that he makes....

bassman
30-Aug-2007, 06:25 PM
You guys are sympathizing for someone that you don't even know. Not to mention he was dumb enough to try and kill himself. Man....I can't believe how many of you guys are basically pro-suicide....

I mean....i'm sorry the dude is upset about something. Everyone gets upset throughout life. It's a part of it. I had an old buddy from high school kill himself about 4 months back. It sucks that he's gone and I miss him, but if he was standing right here I would still call him a dumbass for doing it. To try killing yourself is no way to deal with ANYTHING and in my eyes a very, very dumb thing to even consider....

MissJacksonCA
30-Aug-2007, 08:08 PM
I dont know why he did it if he did... but I can understand why a person would do that. Regardless of how much money is in the bank sometimes life isn't as easy as other people think ... I always kinda grew up thinking life is what you make it but damn sometimes people complicate it and its more like a game of survival