PDA

View Full Version : John Woo's Stranglehold

Andy
30-Aug-2007, 05:17 PM
So i downloaded this demo off xbox live a while ago, as i havn't any topics on it i'll start one.

Anyone else played this demo? i kinda like it.. its abit of a matrix rip but a good one.

And i'll never get bored of groin shots using the precision targetting.

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought it stunk. What really annoyed me was the fact that he slides over everything you come near. Friggin pain.

I'll take Max Payne over this.

capncnut
30-Aug-2007, 07:19 PM
The game is absolutely AMAZING! I downloaded the Live demo recently and played it for hours. I had no trouble with the controls, found it very fluid and easy to handle. I was also impressed with the graphic detail of Chow Yun Fat's model and the engaging storyline. Yeah, this game is fuggin' BOUGHT mate!

Did you see the video that comes after completing the demo? Holy crap! :eek:

And i'll never get bored of groin shots using the precision targetting.
Yeah, I'm sadistic like that too. :D

CoinReturn
30-Aug-2007, 07:22 PM
Its very good, I think. Its like a dream game, much like Dead Rising or Super Smash Bros...a game you'd think would never happen, but here it is. How cool is it to be directing Chow Yun Fat as he shoots the sh*t out of everyone and everything around him, in slow mo no less? :D

Ivarr
30-Aug-2007, 08:26 PM
I didn't like the sliding thing at first myself ... But it grows on you.

The game rocks .... shooting an air conditioner and have it fall down and crush a guy under cover is very satisfying :)

I love that ...

Its on my must have list.

Cody
30-Aug-2007, 11:11 PM
Ivarr your sick lol

Craig
03-Sep-2007, 09:05 PM
I too love shooting people in the groin and rolling around on trolleys in slow-mo. Definitely one for me to think about buying anyway.

Ivarr
04-Sep-2007, 01:23 AM
Well, I will cop to that ...

I just took way to much pleasure in shooting every bad guy in range in the nuts when I got accuracy ...

Seeing them grab their bloody nutsack and double over was pure sick fun ... They were bad guys after all ... best to keep them from making more :)

And before you call me the sick one (and I am) I was not the one that coded the animations for them to be grabbing their sack when shot there :)

capncnut
05-Sep-2007, 01:35 AM
Getting great reviews, averaging 75-85%.

Click for IGN review (http://http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/817/817191p1.html)