PDA

View Full Version : massive spider webage

MissJacksonCA
31-Aug-2007, 03:59 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/spider-web-blankets-part-of-texas-trail/20070830092909990001

I totally wanna visit this place after I move those webs look awesome though i'd be a wee feary of the spidey who did them...

fartpants
02-Sep-2007, 07:06 PM
you could not get me within 100 miles of this ... god i hate spiders

MissJacksonCA
02-Sep-2007, 08:38 PM
Spiders and generally most bugs scare the hell out of me too but I still wanna see this it looks creepy... b'sides if I didn't totally love being scared on some level I wouldn't watch zombie movies or horror flicks...

Cody
02-Sep-2007, 09:34 PM
one time a very small spider crawled its way up my arm and into my shirt, I jumped up danced around and screamed like a 4 year old girl.

I would not visit that place.

a spider like that would make a THUD if it fell on the ground. ew. ew. ew.

MissJacksonCA
03-Sep-2007, 02:40 AM
lol I think I've heard a man scream like that before... where I worked we caught a palmetto bug or roach or something on the bar with a shot glass... used a playing card to pick up the glass... and threw it on our manager... I only heard a scream like that previously about a month before... there was a hornets nest outside of the window of the restaurant so I told my manager (same guy) knowing he'd be all about getting rid of it... so he tells the busboy to take a broom and go knock it off and into the bushes and Robert was like oh hell no i'm not doing that... so then he says okay well i'll go with you and we'll both do it... next thing I know Harry comes up to me and is like d'ya think Shelia Shine (stainless steel polish/cleaner) will kill them... and I was like yeah sure (knowing entirely that it wouldnt kill them it would only anger them) ... so next thing we're all standing there at the window as Harry and Robert amble on by and start spraying Shelia Shine on the nest while the other one tries to knock it down with a broom... next thing you know they're being attacked from every direction and screaming like girls... god it was hilarious...

Cody
03-Sep-2007, 02:48 AM
its funny how I just admited that on a horror forum

Ivarr
04-Sep-2007, 01:18 AM
When I was a child ... I remember getting a batman Utility belt for my birthday ... I put it on and went out looking for adventure...

I found it in climbing a tree in the back yard...

Just as I got to a nice fork in the tree ... I turned around and there right in front of my face was a furry, fat spider... hanging from a web and its legs twitching with antisipation of the HUGE morsel before it ...

I was startled and fell backward out of the tree... only to be saved by my ankle getting caught in the V of the tree...

So there I am ... around 6 if that ... hanging upside down ...by my now wrenched ankle ... and here comes Mr. Spider ... getting lower and lower ... I think I remember swatting him off his web ... my little arms flailing.

I was screeming bloody murder when my Dad came to get me and helped me get back upright to get my ankle unstuck from the tree...

I have hated spiders since that day ... and I have since run into more of them than I care to.

Including a field spider who's yard pluss across web I walked into wile out shooting my 22 as a teenager. I was lucky my barel was pointed the right way ... so I shot the f$cker (f@cker).... the thing was as big as my hand.

I have had many more close calls .... with all manor of 8 legged freaks ... But I am gonna spare myself and you the descriptions ... the two above creeped me out enough.

MissJacksonCA
04-Sep-2007, 01:35 AM
I remember my first account with a jumping spider... I cried and screamed at the same time at the horror of what was before me... try killing one of those effers its not easy... I wound up killing it and being so scared I had to spend the nite at a friends house...

Thats pretty much how it is with me and bugs... if I find one in the house it isn't enough to kill it because I know there's more hiding somewhere... so I then have to move :(

I wonder if i'll end up like the guy at the end of Creepshow... in a white house with nothing but RAID ...

Ivarr
04-Sep-2007, 01:44 PM
This is why ... Zombies would be no problem for me ... They don't scar me....

Now a spider invasion ... check please!

Dommm
04-Sep-2007, 01:57 PM
8 legged freaks

Cykotic
04-Sep-2007, 06:42 PM
no f*cking way.... is that real??? it's gotta be some kind of a hoax???

fartpants
04-Sep-2007, 06:43 PM
i hate spiders but i loved the film Arachnaphobia i wonder why that is...

MissJacksonCA
04-Sep-2007, 07:47 PM
Who that hates spiders didn't totally love the movie arachniphobia? I own it and watch it almost as often as zombie flicks of course... I do love Cambria so it reminds me of home but the movie was just so awesome. Spiders are super neato and they keep finding new ones every day but good lord they just scare the hell out of me if I actually have to see one. I would prefer to be attacked by zombies they'd be easier to kill so long as i'm not trapped in rotld...

Ivarr
05-Sep-2007, 12:13 PM
Ok, this is the gods honest truth ...

I did like the movie Arachnaphobia... but an odd thing happended...

As I was sitting in the movie ... I started to get a bad headache and fevor ... and I started feeling like things were crawling all over me ...

I was kind of freaking out a bit ... slaping at what I thought were things crawling on me. I thought I was going crazy.

Till I got home and discovered that I had got Chicken Pox from my bothers kids who I had been sitting for.

I can laugh about it now ... but it had me very freaked out wile I was watching the movie :)

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 08:40 PM
thats pretty cool actually

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 01:12 AM
Chicken Pox aside whenever I watch a movie where bugs play a major role (like Joes Apartment or Arachnaphobia) I tend to feel like somethings crawling all over me but I think its more a psychological effect... however when i'm not watching a movie about bugs and feel like there's something on me I usually attribute it to the possibility that when I kill a bug it comes back and haunts me because it was a reincarnated person from India.

bassman
06-Sep-2007, 01:20 AM
Chicken Pox aside whenever I watch a movie where bugs play a major role (like Joes Apartment or Arachnaphobia) I tend to feel like somethings crawling all over me but I think its more a psychological effect... however when i'm not watching a movie about bugs and feel like there's something on me I usually attribute it to the possibility that when I kill a bug it comes back and haunts me because it was a reincarnated person from India.

"Joe's Apartment"? The talking, laughing cock roaches gave you that feeling? It only gave me the feeling of vomiting because it was so horrible...

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 01:31 AM
Well I only watched it once and it was funny but still made me feel like I was being molested by bugs the entire time...