PDA

View Full Version : NOTLD 68 reference in Halloween 2007

DjfunkmasterG
01-Sep-2007, 03:57 AM
During the sex scene between Annie and her boyfriend you can here Harry Cooper reciting lines from Night 68 on the TV, plus the musical score appears from the film. In another twist of references in the work print version during that scene the temporary background music used is the UNIVERSAL logo intro theme from the Dawn of the Dead remake (titled Brainscan)

bassman
01-Sep-2007, 04:05 AM
Cool observation, but we all know that RZ is a big fan of Romero's films.,,,,,

Cody
01-Sep-2007, 04:21 AM
That really was a great observation man.

zombieslayer
01-Sep-2007, 12:05 PM
Cool observation, but we all know that RZ is a big fan of Romero's films.,,,,,

do you think he would have done a better job on dawn 04?

Danny
01-Sep-2007, 12:30 PM
yknow i would have liked zombie to have done the day remake, he surely couldnt do a worse job could he?

jim102016
01-Sep-2007, 01:21 PM
yknow i would have liked zombie to have done the day remake, he surely couldnt do a worse job could he?

He would have done a much better job

bassman
01-Sep-2007, 08:25 PM
do you think he would have done a better job on dawn 04?

Most likely. I'm not trying to get into an argument about the remake, but I feel that Zombie would have been a bit more respectful to Romero and not have made a quick, action style film like Snyder did. It would have had depth and substance to it...

jim102016
02-Sep-2007, 07:49 PM
During the sex scene between Annie and her boyfriend you can here Harry Cooper reciting lines from Night 68 on the TV, plus the musical score appears from the film. In another twist of references in the work print version during that scene the temporary background music used is the UNIVERSAL logo intro theme from the Dawn of the Dead remake (titled Brainscan)

Good catch, I didn't hear it, was too busy getting a look at her breasts

MontagMOI
03-Sep-2007, 01:17 PM
I liked the remake a lot. I am quite a big fan of Zombie. My only gripe is Tyler bates lazy soundtrack. It seems half was Carpenter's original theme and the rest he just re-used his Dawn 04 soundtrack. I like his music and the music he used was suitable for the film but that is just lame.