PDA

View Full Version : arrested for WHAT?

MissJacksonCA
04-Sep-2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.switched.com/2007/09/04/circuit-city-shopper-cuffed-for-refusing-to-show-receipt/

Okay okay I get it... if you're leaving a store and they ask to see your inside your shopping bag and you say no you look like you might be trying to hide something... its kinda like when a cop pulls behind you and you change lanes because he makes you nervous but to him it looks like you're prolly doing something illegal so you need to be pulled over... but this is riddick to the fullest extent... once the police officer made sure there was nothing in the guys bag that was stolen why would he then need to show up ID and be arrested for not showing it? He didn't steal anything! What are we going to begin to arrest people out of spite now?

_liam_
04-Sep-2007, 11:39 PM
yep, some people are dumb

slickwilly13
04-Sep-2007, 11:45 PM
Because he failed to show I.D. when asked. Smart ass kid should have known better.

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 12:20 AM
its to prove you have no warrents out for you arrest

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2007, 01:51 AM
Smartass is right. He refused to cooperate and then refused to show ID. Maybe I can see getting into it with the Circuit City guys, just to be difficult, but having to present your official ID on demand of a police officer is just stupid and unreasonable.

MissJacksonCA
05-Sep-2007, 02:18 AM
Ahhhh so that's why they wanted the ID... well now it all makes sense to me so I can see why its so essential... and it does seem suspect that he wouldn't show up his ID ... some people are just special

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 03:01 AM
whos smartass lol?

slickwilly13
05-Sep-2007, 03:04 AM
You have to realize if he just took the kid's info by word of mouth. What would stop him from falsifying that info? Also, since the cops were called to the scene, he needed the necessary information and his failure to cooperate was obstructing justice.

clanglee
05-Sep-2007, 03:04 AM
Still, the kid has a point. Not about the ID, that's just stupid. But about the receipt thing. Although. . .If he didn't get arrested, this story would never have made news. So maybe that was on purpose. Maybe not so stupid.

DeadJonas190
05-Sep-2007, 06:14 AM
While they really don't have a right to search you without probable cause, if an officer asks for your ID you have to show it to them (at least it's that way in my city). Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a smart a$s.