PDA

View Full Version : Awww mannnnn...

MissJacksonCA
05-Sep-2007, 04:29 AM
They're making April Fools Day! What the heck is with all the remakes can they not think up anything new? What are they going to recycle next? Prom Night? Carrie? A new Friday the 13th? Am I the only one a wee ticked with the remaking and nothing new coming in?

MontagMOI
05-Sep-2007, 10:09 AM
That's real desperation. What next? The Video Dead?

DjfunkmasterG
05-Sep-2007, 12:31 PM
Prom Night is supposed to be rated PG-13... at least that is what the studio is aiming for... corksuckers

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 02:10 PM
Ummm....seriously, I would understand if you were complaining about them remaking "Friday the 13th"(or "Jason" as most youngsters seem to call it these days.:mad:), but who gives two flying f*cks about "April Fools Day", anyway?

It would be extremely hard to make that a remake that is worst than the original....

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 02:14 PM
i'm officially waiting for the news on a remake of jaws, then we riot:lol:

zombie04
05-Sep-2007, 09:04 PM
i'm officially waiting for the news on a remake of jaws, then we riot:lol:

No, I say we riot when they try making a re-imagining of Jaws which artistically mixes elements of Jaws with those of Jaws: The Revenge.

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 09:08 PM
No, I say we riot when they try making a re-imagining of Jaws which artistically mixes elements of Jaws with those of Jaws: The Revenge.

Jaws 3 was actually worse, imo.

sijeWn6hzZM

The special effects are still great to this day.:lol:

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 09:58 PM
Im supprised they havent remade carrie

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 09:59 PM
yeah but they did some pretty crappy sequels though, and as terminator 3 shows, thats almost as bad.

coma
05-Sep-2007, 11:56 PM
Im supprised they havent remade carrie
They Did, for TV. And it was more of a different adaptation of the book. I think it was on Sci Fi a few years ago. It was pretty good imo

bassman
06-Sep-2007, 12:50 AM
They Did, for TV. And it was more of a different adaptation of the book. I think it was on Sci Fi a few years ago. It was pretty good imo

Wasn't Carrie a made-for-tv movie first and then they made the real film?:rockbrow:

And if it is recent......are you sure you're not thinking of the sequel, "The Rage: Carrie 2"?

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm pretty sure they're thinking of The Rage: Carrie 2 as well because there's no remake made for tv or otherwise that i'm aware of ... but it felt like a remake ... it was so bad and stupid omfg... hated it

I liked April Fools Day but just more as a comedic flick... it had some real stock 80s movie stars I dug so that played into it too... Amy Steele... Deborah Foreman... love them...

I would be outraged at any Friday the 13th remake which i'm sure isn't far from being produced and totally pissed to find a remake of Jaws made by anyone other then Steven Speilberg...

I thought Jaws 2 the Revenge was so stupid but worse was the one with Michael Caine in the Bahamas somewhere... I liked Jaws 3 with Quaid thought it was cutesie... though some of the scenes were filmed so badly its laughable to watch it today...

EvilNed
06-Sep-2007, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me the least if they remade Friday the 13th but made Jason with a hockey mask the killer.

I guess that's why Friday is kinda safe from being remade. It's not the original that is so much of a pop icon, it's the sequels with Jason and the hockey masks.

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2007, 06:05 PM
At least T3 wasn't a remake though.

And if Jaws was to ever be touched again, it'd probably be a Lucas style treatment, throw in some f*ckin' boulders chasing the shark around, replace guns with walkie talkies and make the shark do a song & dance number to make it less scary to kids. :rolleyes:

And April Fools Day was worth a watch, but it's nothing more than "just another 80's slasher", it's certainly not one of the big names...so yeah, it really is desperation.

darth los
06-Sep-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah but they did some pretty crappy sequels though, and as terminator 3 shows, thats almost as bad.

I thought i was the only one who didn't like that movie. It was almost a complete rehash of the second one. Maybe they can redeem themselves with the t.v. series. :confused:

coma
07-Sep-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm pretty sure they're thinking of The Rage: Carrie 2 as well because there's no remake made for tv or otherwise that i'm aware of
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319970/
Yes, there was in 2002. I didnt make it up dammit!:lol:
But like I said, it was more of a readaptation becasue it included more elements of the book and didnt bring in elements that were in the original film that were not in the book.
I think it was supposed to be a kind of pilot for a possible series

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 03:20 AM
LOL! Totally can't believe there was a made for TV movie omfg thatas hilarious... a possible serious? Are they kidding? What were they thinking if that was their intent... who knows...............

RustyHicks
08-Sep-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah I saw the remake of Carrie as well.
It was stupid as hell, no one can play Carrie
like Sissy Spacek did.
They remake Jaws I'll blow
my head off with a corkscrew :(

Yojimbo
08-Sep-2007, 10:06 PM

Right on! Too funny.