PDA

View Full Version : So, recommend me a good horror flick to watch...

Neil
05-Sep-2007, 10:07 AM
What's a good creepy/thinky?/jumpy? horror flick I can hire out?

The last film I hired out was Skeleton Key which I enjoyed :)

DjfunkmasterG
05-Sep-2007, 12:23 PM
good horror? what is that? I don't think I have seen a good studio produced horror film in 20 years. I have seen a ton of Kick ass action films pretending to be horror, but no real horror films.

Ivarr
05-Sep-2007, 12:25 PM
Here are a few god ones....

Event Horizon
Session 9
Identity
Jacobs Ladder
In the Mouth of Madness

I will try to think of some more...

Neil
05-Sep-2007, 01:30 PM
Here are a few god ones....

Event Horizon
Session 9
Identity
Jacobs Ladder
In the Mouth of Madness

I will try to think of some more...

Seen most of those, and would ideally like something recent? How about White Noise 2?

Session 9 gets good reviews! I might try that :)

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 02:15 PM
if you want something creepy the mothman prophecies is worth a look, i love the directing style of that film and the musics just right creepy wise.

Neil
05-Sep-2007, 02:21 PM
if you want something creepy the mothman prophecies is worth a look, i love the directing style of that film and the musics just right creepy wise.

Seen it :)

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 02:22 PM
Another creepy/thoughtful film would be "Stay". Not exactly new, but if you haven't seen it you should pick it up.

"Pan's Labyrinth", although promoted as an adult fairytale has some creepy parts and some gore that will make you cringe....

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 03:13 PM
that flick 'the others' starring christopher eccleston aint too bad.

Neil
05-Sep-2007, 03:39 PM
that flick 'the others' starring christopher eccleston aint too bad.

Seen it :)

_liam_
05-Sep-2007, 04:19 PM
devils rejects
the eye
shadow of the vampire

older stuff
man bites dog
nosferatu 1979 remake
men behind the sun (THE MOST DISGUSTING FILM EVER)

axlish
05-Sep-2007, 07:35 PM
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Best mockumentary since Spinal Tap :)

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 10:01 PM
men behind the sun? did it have gay scenes or something?

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 10:13 PM
R-point, korean horror at its best, take the scariest bits from ring (not ringu, its ring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(Suzuki_novel), event horizon, a bit of jacobs ladder and apocalypse now thrown in, really good i can give this one a great recommendation for every horror fan.

EvilNed
05-Sep-2007, 10:15 PM
Anything by Michael Haneke but especially Funny Games. Not really horrors, but they are ten times as atmospheric, tense and gripping as any horror films you'll find out there. The man is a mastermind.

Danny
05-Sep-2007, 10:16 PM
writing about that 10 minute greiving shot got me an A at a/s level film for a module;)

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 01:41 AM
I dunno if its horror qualifying but The Descent...

uber creepy to me...

Session 9 wasn't really scary I think i've watched it 4 times and still dont get it but hot dang if Event Horizon didn't creep the heck out of me for days!

Neil
06-Sep-2007, 07:36 AM

I squeeled like a girl with the scene where the camera pans and one of those things is just standing right behind them... Much to the amusement of my two mates watching it with me!

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2007, 10:12 AM
How about "Switchblade Romance" aka "High Tension"? It's a French horror flick (and the French basically don't do horror), but it's rather good I'd say. The guy who directed it went on to do the Hills Have Eyes remake, so expect plenty of blood in "SR/HT"

*chuckles about Neil & The Descent* Indeed, the movie gave me many a jump...and I watched it on a sh*tty CAM in the middle of the day on my PC!

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 03:25 AM
The Howling...

Children of the Night... maybe?

AcesandEights
07-Sep-2007, 03:47 AM

That movie was fuuuucked up. It was definitely an experience watching it.

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 04:03 AM
The end was the best part... I musta watched it ten times over and screamed WTF WTF WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And I loved the ice pick to the neck thing... it was awesome because it was like... man being in the same situation I can see doing that as a natural bodily reaction to an impending personal attack and then of course... the guilt at what happened...

It also freaks me out because I've been spelunking and caving and climbing and i'll be damned if it doesn't scare the hell outa me sometimes... I have this irrational fear that when i'm climbing with a friend that they're going to give me too much slack and kill me or that there's someone at the top of any paticular mountain who's gonna shove me off the top when I get up there...

I have power and trust issues what can I say... its the reason I can never be a passenger on a jetski or on a motorcycle or horse... I dont trust anyone to know what they're doing and feel if I dont control it i'll die

RustyHicks
08-Sep-2007, 08:57 PM
Carnival of souls.

Not gory, but pretty damn creepy

Yojimbo
08-Sep-2007, 10:09 PM
Tideland. Not exactly a horror film, but pretty horrifying moments there nonetheless.

Carnival of souls.

Not gory, but pretty damn creepy

Good one Rusty. Creepy and weird as hell.

Terran
09-Sep-2007, 02:30 AM
Tideland was alright....but I dont think that is the type of thing he was looking for