PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2

Minerva_Zombi
05-Sep-2007, 06:14 PM
I just watched it last night, and its really not a bad sequel. If you watch the first one and this back to back, its really cool. Though the guy who played Myers in the second one didn't have the presense of Nick Castle. But still, I think its a pretty good movie.

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2007, 06:31 PM
Aye, like you said, this following up the first is actually pretty good, you get to see the "horror after the horror", like - "this is what happens after the end credits".

After that though, they just got retarded.

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 06:34 PM
I liked the second film. Just as much as the first, actually.

Then again, the first is very overrated, imo. I would rather watch Carpenter's "Vampires" or "Ghosts of Mars", to tell you the truth....

axlish
05-Sep-2007, 07:31 PM
I prefer the 2nd. It cuts to the chase and the hospital setting is very creepy. Plus, it features those old school nurse uniforms that look super-sexy, as opposed to those sorry scrubs that they wear now.

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2007, 07:57 PM
Bassman - are you fo' real?! :eek:

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, MZ. "Hallowween" is totally over rated to me. It's a generic, cheap scare horror with an unexplained killer in a mask. Not very original. It's not at all a bad film.....just not as great as people make it out to be.

Carpenter's true classics are "The Thing", "Escape from NY" and "They Live". Yes...."They Live" ranks higher than "Halloween".:D

Cody
05-Sep-2007, 10:03 PM
Halloween...teen slasher flick. ew.

coma
05-Sep-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, MZ. "Hallowween" is totally over rated to me. It's a generic, cheap scare horror with an unexplained killer in a mask. Not very original. It's not at all a bad film.....just not as great as people make it out to be.

It was original when it came out. There was nothing else like it. Then Came Fri 13 and then the imitations really exploded.

Danny
06-Sep-2007, 12:05 AM
Bassman - are you fo' real?! :eek:

eh different strokes as they say, for example i dug H20, so **** ya'll it aint that bad!:lol:

It was original when it came out. There was nothing else like it. Then Came Fri 13 and then the imitations really exploded.

love halloween, love friday the 13th (or as us whippersnappers call it the jason series now, right bassman?;)) but cannot stand nightmare on elm street. yet thats got the most origional story, go firgure *lack of a shrug smiley....we really need one of those admins, just throwin' it out there*:D

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2007, 09:45 AM
Indeed, Halloween was some fancy new sh*t at the time and there hadn't been the slasher onslaught. Before there'd been the likes of Last House on the Left, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and most importantly (for Halloween anyway) Black Christmas, which is often considered the first or one of the very first stalk n slash flicks.

But Halloween is a masterstroke in suspense filmmaking. The cinematography is lush, the music is great, the idea is simple but scary, and all for a teeny-weeny budget.

But hell yeah boyyyeeeee, The Thing, EFNY and They Live are awesome, especially the first two and especially-especially the first one in that list, it still sh*ts me up to this day and I've seen it a bunch of times.

Woop-woop for Friday 13th, it is my favourite stalk n slash series, they did the most interesting films. ANOES did have the most original plot, yeah, but...

ANOES - awesome
ANOES 2 - bit naff
ANOES 3 - pretty good fun actually
ANOES 4 - oh dear
ANOES 5 - oh dear 2
ANOES 6 - KILLED BY A F*CKING ROAD MAP!!!
ANOES 7 - interesting twist, but just a bit naff as it was now 1994 and the vibe had long since passed

As for Halloween:

H1 - awesome
H2 - awesome
H3 - pfft
H4 - meh
H5 - meh 2
H6 - meh 3
H7 (H20) - ah geez :rolleyes:
H8 - franchise rape
H2007 - I dug it, but flawed in the second half

Now, the Friday 13th series:

F13th - awesome
F13th 2 - also awesome - JASON ENTERS!!!
F13th 3 - bit naff, but JASON IN A HOCKEY MASK!!! ... and hilarious 3-D attempt
F13th 4 - best of all the sequels, Tom Savini back in the fold, pure stalk n slash greatness, Jason is KILLED!!!
F13th 5 - naff, but intriguing idea for a bloke impersonating a famed killer in order to kill
F13th 6 - totally dug it, the new vibe for the franchise, Alice Cooper soundtrack, Jason is raised from the dead - ergo, it makes sense he's invincible (unlike Michael Myers, which makes no sense at all), just a fun flick to watch
F13th 7 - pretty naff, but telekinesis provides a fresh angle, Jason's make-up under the mask is the best it's ever been, seeing his teeth through his cheek as he gasps and they move is just f*cking awesome.
F13th 8 - really naff, they spend an HOUR on the boat before the city, but when he's in the city, it's another interesting new angle
F13th 9 - stupid and sh*t, I guess the angle of him possessing bodies is interesting, but it was naff - throws down the gauntlet for a show-down with Freddy
Jason X - I dug it, million miles from the scary roots though, but again - interesting idea, lots of fun to be had

So the series wasn't scary anymore once part 5 came along, but still...it's the most entertaining & interesting stalk n slash series out there from the heyday, but I'd love to see a return to the series' roots, like giving it the Batman Begins treatment, a series re-birth, NOT a remake though...because remakes suck ass-balls.

MikePizzoff
06-Sep-2007, 01:22 PM
Halloween II definitely rules. I love the first one a shload and this sequel is nearly on par with it. I'd say it's one of the best sequels to a horror movie, ever.

triste realtà
07-Sep-2007, 05:43 AM
Woop-woop for Friday 13th, it is my favourite stalk n slash series, they did the most interesting films.
So the series wasn't scary anymore once part 5 came along, but still...it's the most entertaining & interesting stalk n slash series out there from the heyday, but I'd love to see a return to the series' roots, like giving it the Batman Begins treatment, a series re-birth, NOT a remake though...because remakes suck ass-balls.

You know who hates Ft13th films, trailer-park-horror director Rob Zombie.

Minerva_Zombi
07-Sep-2007, 07:27 AM

Well, whats your point? I'm not really a big fan either. They're all soulless and mind numbing. I mean, I guess thats the point but... Im sure alot of people hate em.

bassman
07-Sep-2007, 11:42 AM

I just can't help but laugh at this statement. Trailer park????

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2007, 01:18 PM
I guess he means a bit cheap & nasty, a bit two dimensional.

And yeah, the 80s slasher slew of flicks was that way...but I dig it regardless. It's like - well, that was the time, that's what was going on then, and I still consider it valid entertainment.

All violence on TV or film shouldn't be pause-for-thought and gut-churning, you can enjoy a slasher flick, everybody's got a bit of bloodlust in them...it's why paintball is awesome. :D

triste realtà
09-Sep-2007, 01:10 AM
I just can't help but laugh at this statement. Trailer park????

Well, I see the trailer on TV and there's Slipknot masks, professional wrestlers playing Michael Myers and an 8yrold Kid Rock lookalike, so that's what popped into my head. I'll still probably check it out for free to see what it's like, though.