PDA

View Full Version : Freaking awesome Timeshift advert...

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2007, 06:45 PM
Now THAT'S a freaking advert for a videogame (that almost employs no game footage whatsoever ... but it gets the vibe across :))

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/05/ultra-violent-timeshift-commercial/

Tricky
05-Sep-2007, 08:08 PM
Awesome that!reminds me of that scene in robocop when he first goes out on patrol "drop the weapon or there will be..................................trouble!"

bassman
05-Sep-2007, 08:42 PM
That's cool and all, but I would rather see some game footage....

CoinReturn
06-Sep-2007, 12:07 AM
Theres a demo for this game on Xbox Live, and its surprisingly good. I have a feeling it will get buried under the weight of Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4, though.

Danny
06-Sep-2007, 12:09 AM
im on the meh line right now, seems like black meets blinx the timesweeper.

not saying thats bad, jsut not my cup-o-tea if ya follow me.

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2007, 09:33 AM
Bassman, I'd imagine this is the sort of advert that gets people amped for the idea, then you pimp the official game footage in the official proper trailer...officially. :D

Better than those Call of Duty 2: Big Red One type adverts, where it's all CGI stuff that's not even in the game at all, then they had to put a little bit of text at the bottom to say it's not game footage, as they now do when it is game footage.

I think there will come a time when the current "next gen" will resort to such tactics, because now it's all "ooh and ahh" at the brilliant graphics, but eventually they'll be out of date and the PC will be stomping their asses all over again (heck, Crysis looks f*cking BALL DRAININGLY BEAUTIFUL).

Anyway, in the first few years of a console gen, they no doubt show in-game footage, but when it's on the way out, they don't and stick to CGI or real-life recreations.

DeadJonas190
17-Sep-2007, 03:24 AM
Very cool game advertisement.