PDA

View Full Version : argh... its a charity people not a gold mine...

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 02:58 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20607405/

I can understand suing the charity and/or driver of the assaulting vehicles owner for medical bills and the like but going for 85 million dollars? WTF ITS A CHARITY FOR NEEDY PEOPLE NOT GREEDY PEOPLE!

Should charities be responsible for accidents at events they sponsor and if so shouldn't there be a monetary cap on judgements in order to protect the charity from obscene lawsuit judgements?

Ivarr
06-Sep-2007, 10:40 AM
This is why insurance is so important....

When my company runs Live Action gaming events ... we are covered by a 2 Million $ liability policy. It costs moeny, but its better than having your life and business destroyed because of an act of god or other things not in your control.

Its a rough world out there... and people look at misfortune as another ticket to the lotery.

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 02:03 AM
Its a rough world out there... and people look at misfortune as another ticket to the lotery.

OMG that was genious!

Dtothe3
11-Sep-2007, 10:44 AM
You do realise that's a collective figure right?

You do in fact realise, that people died?

That charity aims to help kids, well it can now help support the kids of people who were killed during an event they sponsored without adequate insurance cover.

MissJacksonCA
18-Sep-2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah I realize people died in an accident... but to get all greedy about how many millions the children of any man needs is riddick... odds are those people who died either didn't have life insurance or had it and still want money for an accident. WTF? You dont get it both ways just because this is the states where you get to sue for anything you think you deserve whether justly or unjustly... or at least you shouldn't be able to. What happened sucks but lets face it I doubt the people who died are even worth millions by measure of what they earned salary wise... and who they were to their families? How do we measure that? Take their families words for it that they were loved and will be missed? Well pardon me for being the cold sore on this storys behind but hey... not every life on this Earth is worth something... and those who are can't be priced ...

If I lost a love one from an accident in this charity i'd spend my time not holding it against the charity and taking funds from the children who need it so I can sit on my duff and greive... I'd be moving on and be the bigger person... **** happens move on...