PDA

View Full Version : Luciano Pavarotti has passed away

DjfunkmasterG
06-Sep-2007, 09:16 AM
Unless you live in a cave you should know who Luciano Pavarotti is, artist of the highest caliber in music and theater (opera). Mr. Pavarotti passed away at 5am local time in Italy from Kidney failure due in part to pancreatic cancer.

RIP.

_liam_
06-Sep-2007, 09:17 AM
nessun dorma 1990 ruled. RIP

slickwilly13
06-Sep-2007, 11:43 AM
Was he the guy who was supposed to sing the national anthem during the 1st Naked Gun?

Danny
06-Sep-2007, 11:45 AM
dude he did the cornetto ads in the late 80's:D

LEGEND:cool:

Cody
06-Sep-2007, 03:54 PM
No idea who he is. RIP.

darth los
06-Sep-2007, 08:43 PM
Sad to hear that. :( It seems like more people are dying of cancer than in the past, or are we just hearing about it more now?

AcesandEights
06-Sep-2007, 08:50 PM
Talk about someone who had one hell of a career and awesome staying power. I've known the name Pavarotti and associated it with Opera and classical singing for as long as I can remember.

This is incredible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMA1fuCieQ), even if it's not your preferred brand of music, his talent speaks for itself.

RIP, man.

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 02:10 AM
I met him when I was a youngin he was a good friend to a woman who was a opera singing friend of my mother (who sings opera as well) ... frankly he will be missed as I love opera and singers of today really suck in comparason to Pavoratti... Allesandro Safina is like the Britney Spears of opera it doesnt even sound the same... I'm not suprised he died though... what he ate as an appetizer was enough to feed the entire country of Kenya for a week... its a shame that we had to lose him ...