PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! (Saw IV)

ProfessorChaos
07-Sep-2007, 05:59 AM
So, I'm sure many of you may have seen Saw IV previews by now...am I the only one who thinks that these guys are just pumping this series for all the cash they can:rolleyes:? I've seen the first two, and the original was okay, kinda clever, but the second wasn't even worth watching...I barely was able to sit through it. Then they dropped a third turd, and now that it's fall, they've gotta rush a new one out...sheesh....

Why are these films so popular?:confused:Does anyone else loathe these movies as much as me?

Danny
07-Sep-2007, 11:52 AM
There one away from pron in my eyes, just for for gore hounds to go and watch rather than an actual piece of cinema that has a plot of or serious narrative to go through, the first had that, though i found it predicitable the plot was there, but by 4 im expecting something you get on dvd in a dollar for everything store, we call em poundlands over here.

bassman
07-Sep-2007, 12:00 PM
It's all for the teenagers, basically. It makes good money, they make them as fast as possible.

I feel sorry for the poor guy that's directed 2-4. True, he can get jobs anywhere in Hollywood because these films made money, but to true fans of cinema he will always be.....well.....the same as Paul Anderson or maybe even Uwe Boll....

darth los
07-Sep-2007, 05:14 PM
Well if that's not a slap in the face....:rolleyes:

Cody
07-Sep-2007, 05:29 PM
they should of stoped at the first one

zombie04
07-Sep-2007, 06:52 PM
well, from my understanding, the people who wrote the first two aren't even making the series anymore. They had limited involvement in 3 and decided to call it quits.

Cody
07-Sep-2007, 07:00 PM
^ Good.

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2007, 01:39 PM
So I guess you won't be happy to hear that there is going to be a SAW V and VI, eh?

I sh*t you not.

GhastlyJoker
08-Sep-2007, 02:46 PM
Ha, they're shooting for seven guys. Tobin Bell signed on for three more movies, you're out of luck. I actually like the movies, I didn't like the second one too much. However, after seeing 3, it made up for it.

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2007, 04:32 PM
I thought it was a case of the three-SAW-picture-deal for Bell was for Saw 4 through 6. That's how I read it anyway...

I think the first movie rocks, the second was pish, the third (while gross) was rather spiffy I say, I liked how it wrapped the first three up and gave a conclusion to the story (hence why SAW IV feels to me, like a big reach...I saw a scene on the net, and it was kinda "meh", actually very "meh" - two blokes chained to some thingy in a mausoleum or something...)

LouCipherr
13-Sep-2007, 01:53 PM
I - not bad, I enjoyed it somewhat. It was something new during a time of horrifically bad remakes

II - not worth watching

III - even worse than part 2

IV - a goddamn insult to movie goers across the planet.

When Dj, my wife and I went to see RZ's Halloween (which f*cking sucked by the way - more on that in another thread), we saw a poster for it and Dj can confirm this, the first thing I said was "WTF?! You have got to be kidding me! That will be a load of sh*t!" and I'm sure it will be. They should've left it alone after part 1. :mad:

MZ - if you're right about them making 2 more, that's just.. well.. the first words that comes to mind is a "pathetic money-grab"

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 03:00 PM
I really like the first film, and I rather like the third because of the way it links to the first two, but the second film was rather crap. I think 3 should have been an end, it wrapped things up nicely, it really feels like reaching now and even in the advert where it's basically saying 'it's halloween so it's SAW time' is just sorta owning up to the fact that they're grinding them out ... mind you, I'd rather have dud sequels than dud remakes.

bassman
13-Sep-2007, 03:21 PM
I enjoyed the first film as well. After seeing the trailer for the second film and INSTANTLY knowing what it was about and how it would end, I never watched it. The first film had that special something that made it stand out. The new ones are just for high schoolers to see on the weekends...

I would like to see James Wan's(director of the first Saw) new film, "Death Sentence", actually...

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 05:34 PM
Well you should really watch SAW 2 and 3 rather than not and then just judging them, to be honest. 2 sucks, but 3 (while quite gross) works quite well (I felt) because it ties into the first and second, and goes back over stuff that wasn't shown in the original films, like 'what happened after' or during some other event. The 3rd ties them all together quite nicely, and I think it's got a far more interesting plot than the second, which was just filler for the most part and actually wasn't that grim...plus the 2nd film had a load of crap characters in it.

Aye I wanna see Death Sentence too, have you seen his prior directing effort (post-SAW) "Dead Silence"? It's about a ventriloquist dummy and death and so on, it sounds kinda naff and for the first 20 minutes it isn't sh*t hot, but once you get into it, it is actually pretty cool. It feels like an old school horror film, it feels more like a modern version of the Universal brand of horror from the 30's and 40's. :) Definitely worth checking out.