PDA

View Full Version : What horror icons would you most want to turn into a cyborg ?

KL70
07-Sep-2007, 12:59 PM
What horror icons (be it horror characters, actors or directors) would
you most want to turn into a cyborg and please say why, or what you'd
most want to do with each one named (once turned into a cyborg) ?

Danny
07-Sep-2007, 01:08 PM
*...slowly walks back towards the door, then breaks into a run ,out the door and down the street fearing for his own life*

MissJacksonCA
07-Sep-2007, 04:26 PM
Interesting 3rd post there buddy... aren't most horror icons pretty much cyborgs in their own right?

fartpants
07-Sep-2007, 04:27 PM
they already did it in Jason X

bassman
07-Sep-2007, 04:28 PM
:rockbrow:

We need a scratching head smiley....

Terran
07-Sep-2007, 08:18 PM
Cyborgs are for pansies....Id rather be a full fledge robot....

THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR!

Tricky
07-Sep-2007, 08:57 PM
I dont get why we would want to turn horror icons into cyborgs.....but the T800 gets my vote as the most evil looking & acting Cyborg "it absolutely will not stop,until you are dead" :eek:

http://www.goingfaster.com/term2029/M95A1.7.jpg

Cody
07-Sep-2007, 09:24 PM
I can stop him!

Terran
07-Sep-2007, 10:31 PM
I dont get why we would want to turn horror icons into cyborgs.....but the T800 gets my vote as the most evil looking & acting Cyborg "it absolutely will not stop,until you are dead" :eek:

The T800 is not a Cyborg.....its a robot....Jeeze.....:D

cy·borg –noun a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.
Or perhaps a better definition...

cy·borg
n. A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices.

cyborg
1960, a blend of cybernetic and organism.

While a robot is ...

ro·bot –noun 1. a machine that resembles a human and does mechanical, routine tasks on command.

1B. A mechanical device that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing a variety of often complex human tasks on command or by being programmed in advance.

Jeeze your such a cyborg NEWB Tricky :clown:

Dawg
08-Sep-2007, 03:05 AM
The T-800 in its 'Arnuld' mode is in fact a cyborg, because it has a metal skeleton underneath a layer of living human flesh with blood.

How is this? Because it couldn't have come back through time as just metal, because only organic matter could come through, the reason everyone is naked because clothes are no organic.

Yet, when the flesh is peeled away, burnt or not applied in the first place as in the future on the battlefield of World War III, they are merely robots with their exo-skeletons.

Better watch the movies again... ;)

:dead: Dawg

Terran
08-Sep-2007, 03:51 AM
I guess if you wanted to use the loosest definition of the word Cyborg you could consider the T-800 a cyborg..... But if you make the defintion that loose the word doesnt even describe anything anymore...because any machine would be a cyborg under that definition (more below)

Generally cyborgs are widely considered humans with robotic parts added on.... And they are considered this by most all of the definitions.....

Think about it this way.....Our home computers...our cars .....are literally covered with bacteria..... Do we call them Cyborgs simply because they have a skin of living material on them?

The T-800 is a robot wearing human skin....

Cody
08-Sep-2007, 04:10 AM
good lord

Tricky
09-Sep-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok admittedly the T800 is just a robot once the skin comes away,but up to that point its a cyborg!what i always wondered was,if nothing metal will pass through time,then how come there isnt just a pile of baggy skin when the terminator comes through,while the endoskeleton is still stood in the time displacement chamber in the future with a "WTF" look on its grinning face?ok its fiction anyway so it doesnt matter & it would make a crap film if that actually happened,but still!
Back to cyborgs though,good old murph here is a bona fide 'borg!
http://www.mikeantonucci.com/uploaded_images/robocop-792844.bmp

Oh yeah speaking of robocop,i hear theres a remake in the pipeline :rolleyes: i really dont see why,the original still looks great & is still a good film,why remake it?the remake will inevitably be dog**** anyway!they would be better just digitally remastering the original,such as a CGI ED-209 as the animation on that is one of the only parts that has aged in my opinion

DeadJonas190
10-Sep-2007, 03:32 AM
How is this? Because it couldn't have come back through time as just metal, because only organic matter could come through, the reason everyone is naked because clothes are no organic.

:dead: Dawg

Cotton is organic, why didn't they just wear cotton clothes?

Terran
10-Sep-2007, 11:55 AM
Cotton is organic, why didn't they just wear cotton clothes?

Or they could have dipped them in Jello.....Mmmm.....delicious

Marie
10-Sep-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah speaking of robocop,i hear theres a remake in the pipeline :rolleyes: i really dont see why,the original still looks great & is still a good film,why remake it?the remake will inevitably be dog**** anyway!they would be better just digitally remastering the original,such as a CGI ED-209 as the animation on that is one of the only parts that has aged in my opinion

They'll probably rewrite it and make him Gay or something. Nothing wrong with being Gay but that seems to be the trend, every remake has to be radically rewritten a la "Dawn".

M_

Terran
10-Sep-2007, 10:16 PM
Or another common trend in remakes....switch up the genders of the main characters....so.... Officer Murphy into a female.....so Robocop will be a girl....and Officer Lewis will be made into a male....

The suit would look so silly for the character to maintain an aspect of femininity....what would be the point of a metal bosom....decoration?....or metal cleavage....camo?....

The original suit was more functionally designed just a big barrel chest to house important functions...so while there is no reason why a female could not become a Robocop, she would just completely lose her gender identity unless the costume people made silly modifications to the suit design.....

clanglee
11-Sep-2007, 01:12 AM
Make those love scenes pretty interesting. :o They ARE doing a new Bionic Woman show. . . that should be pretty. . . interesting.

This is one of the oddest threads ive seen on here btw.

DeadJonas190
11-Sep-2007, 07:02 AM
Or another common trend in remakes....switch up the genders of the main characters....so.... Officer Murphy into a female.....so Robocop will be a girl....and Officer Lewis will be made into a male....

The suit would look so silly for the character to maintain an aspect of femininity....what would be the point of a metal bosom....decoration?....or metal cleavage....camo?....

They could hide weapons in there, like lasers and tear gas launchers...