PDA

View Full Version : omega man

Cody
07-Sep-2007, 11:53 PM
havent seen this movie in forever and just got it in the mail today and I love it, all the people dead, on roof tops and such its just a great movie

zombie04
08-Sep-2007, 12:07 AM
Great movie, but I think I preferred the Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price just a little bit more. Either way I'm excited about the new one with Will Smith. People may write it off because of Smith, but I've been hearing it's the closest adaption of the book that's been made, and I loved the book.

MikePizzoff
08-Sep-2007, 12:19 AM
all the people dead, on roof tops and such

Hm, do you have some different version than I? I don't recall dead people on roof tops.

Danny
08-Sep-2007, 02:54 AM
Great movie, but I think I preferred the Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price just a little bit more. Either way I'm excited about the new one with Will Smith. People may write it off because of Smith, but I've been hearing it's the closest adaption of the book that's been made, and I loved the book.

when someone posted the trailer on here pretty much everyone hated it but i kinda thought it looked good. so im looking forward to it.

Cody
08-Sep-2007, 03:50 AM
Its in the opening scenes, when hes driving the red car, you see a distance shot from up on the roof and you can see a dead man in a lawn chair and a tent and some other stuff.

Rottedfreak
08-Sep-2007, 07:09 AM
Featuring zombies that arent dead according to Empire.

Danny
08-Sep-2007, 07:15 AM
for once even mz can agree that the ragers are more zombies than thes edudes.

MikePizzoff
08-Sep-2007, 05:02 PM
Its in the opening scenes, when hes driving the red car, you see a distance shot from up on the roof and you can see a dead man in a lawn chair and a tent and some other stuff.

Holy shiv... I've been a huge fan of this movie since I was about 12 and have somehow never noticed that! I'll have to keep a look out for it next time I put it on. Thanks!

Cody
08-Sep-2007, 07:07 PM
No problemo I thought that was such an awesome scene thats why I mentioned it

Yojimbo
08-Sep-2007, 11:10 PM
Like the previous poster, I dug the Last Man on Earth, Vincent Price version much more than the Omega Man, but still, Omega Man was alright.

Looking forward to the Will Smith version in spite of Will Smith. At least it won't have Will Smith's kid in it, hopefully.

Craig
08-Sep-2007, 11:31 PM
What's wrong with Will Smith?

Cody
09-Sep-2007, 01:29 AM
hes a silly movie actor. like adam sandler.

EvilNed
09-Sep-2007, 01:32 PM
And he sucks.

Neil
10-Sep-2007, 01:24 PM
hes a silly movie actor. like adam sandler.

Can't agree with that! Bit harsh!

But he does unfortunately suggest a 'tone' for any film he might be in. ie: I suspect Last Man On Earth isn't going to be a dark and depressing non-Hollywood'eque film...

Legion2213
13-Oct-2007, 10:55 PM

I was outraged when I heard Will Smith was doing this...since seeing a few trailers the anger has faded, I will judge him when I've seen the movie...I hope he does a good job, because the scenes I've watched look fantastic.

The book it is based on is excellent.

axlish
14-Oct-2007, 12:48 AM
But he does unfortunately suggest a 'tone' for any film he might be in.

So was Ali hilarious? Was Philadelphia a feel good movie? He has no background in stand up comedy. He was a hip hop artist. I think he has some pretty good acting chops.

Neil
14-Oct-2007, 07:20 PM
So was Ali hilarious? Was Philadelphia a feel good movie? He has no background in stand up comedy. He was a hip hop artist. I think he has some pretty good acting chops.

Agreed, but I feel his appointment bodes a certain type of film... Hopefully I'll be proved wrong...

vill666
15-Oct-2007, 03:12 AM
I liked omega man with heston n anthony zerbe as the evil matthias..looking forward to seeing I am legend..

Neil
15-Oct-2007, 08:33 AM
I liked omega man with heston n anthony zerbe as the evil matthias..looking forward to seeing I am legend..

I'm looking forward to it as well... I want to see something dark and depressing but fear we'll see a wise cracking Smith in 'bustin ya arse' mode...

Legion2213
15-Oct-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm looking forward to it as well... I want to see something dark and depressing but fear we'll see a wise cracking Smith in 'bustin ya arse' mode...

That's what I thought...check out the trailer though, this doesn't look like the wise-ass Will Smith from ID4 or what ever...

http://iamlegend.warnerbros.com/

bassman
15-Oct-2007, 12:36 PM
Will Smith always gets a hard time just because his biggest films were the ones with a bit of comedy.

No one ever mentions "6 Degrees of Seperation" where he plays a gay man and the film has a very serious tone. Same with "The Pursuit of Happyness". He's a good actor, people just focus on his comedic blockbuster films and tend to forget the rest.

But anyway, "The Omega Man" is great and I look forward to "I Am Legend".

Yojimbo
16-Oct-2007, 01:33 AM
OK, I will agree that Will Smith is not a bad actor, and perhaps a victim "labeling" due to some of his feature film role choices. Certainly, he's not out there doing really cutting edge stuff, but I will admit that this does not mean he is worthless.

That being said, exactly who's choice was it to put his own kid in "Happyness"?

I can say that anytime a "producer" starts this sort of nepotistic thing, it surely does not benefit the film and makes me wonder about the producer himself. Evidence Sophia Coppola in Godfather 3, or Stallone's kid in that godawful Rocky film.

Will Smith's choice (or was it a demand?) to put his kid in film certainly doesn't help the film or his image.

Still though, I am looking forward to seeing Last Man.