PDA

View Full Version : So, when is Diary being released?

jscott
11-Sep-2007, 01:03 PM
All I'm finding are interviews, reviews, speculation, opinions, blah blah blah. When do we get to see it?

bassman
11-Sep-2007, 01:29 PM
Read around some more. It's only had one showing so far and that was in Toronto.

The last we've heard, they have distribution rights for almost every other major country except the US and the actual release dates for those countries haven't been announced.

jim102016
11-Sep-2007, 01:36 PM
Read around some more. It's only had one showing so far and that was in Toronto.

The last we've heard, they have distribution rights for almost every other major country except the US and the actual release dates for those countries haven't been announced.

I haven't found shi*t on it, just a release date of 2007. Hopefully they can find a distributor quick enough to get it out wide-spread in the U.S. before the end of the year.

Ivarr
11-Sep-2007, 03:26 PM
hell, part of me hopes it goes DVD only in the states so I can get it asap. I am gonna buy it on DVD anyway ....

jim102016
12-Sep-2007, 02:22 AM
hell, part of me hopes it goes DVD only in the states so I can get it asap. I am gonna buy it on DVD anyway ....

One the one hand I think a distributor would be stupid not to pick it up for theater release in the U.S. On the other hand, perhaps they're hesitant because Land didn't make that much money?

AcesandEights
12-Sep-2007, 02:44 AM
I asked the same thing in a post the other day and no responses. Double You Tee Eff, mates :shifty:

coma
12-Sep-2007, 05:14 AM
One the one hand I think a distributor would be stupid not to pick it up for theater release in the U.S. On the other hand, perhaps they're hesitant because Land didn't make that much money?
A big difference is the budget. I have no idea of Diarys budget, but it has to be minimal. How could you NOT make money?

bobofthedead
27-Sep-2007, 03:55 AM
The film's distribution rights in the US and Mexico were acquired by The Weinstein Company on September 12th for $2.5 million and the contract guarantees a theatrical run of the film.

capncnut
27-Sep-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't see it being released this year somehow.

B. Brown
28-Sep-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking we'll see an October / early November release...

LETS HOPE SO!

Danny
29-Sep-2007, 02:19 AM

not me, ive yet to see a romero film on a theatrical run so im hoping this one gets a uk theatrical release, evena limited one, this is one id probably take a good 2-3 hour drive to see.

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2007, 12:32 PM
not me, ive yet to see a romero film on a theatrical run so im hoping this one gets a uk theatrical release, evena limited one, this is one id probably take a good 2-3 hour drive to see.
I saw "Land of the Dead" opening night, 23rd of September 2005 I believe it was, if memory serves.

Had an absolute blast, went along with my mate Gareth ("Zombie Man").

Aye, part of me really wants it to be straight to DVD just so I can get it immediately. :)

sirjacktorrance
29-Sep-2007, 05:11 PM
iīm gonna watch it the next saturday in the fantastic festival of sitges ibn spain!!i canīt wait!!

bassman
01-Oct-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm with Capn on this one. I really don't see them releasing it this year. They'll most likely throw it in their low-money-making release dates at the beginning of next year.

clanglee
03-Oct-2007, 08:55 AM
I saw "Land of the Dead" opening night, 23rd of September 2005 I believe it was, if memory serves.

Had an absolute blast, went along with my mate Gareth ("Zombie Man").

Aye, part of me really wants it to be straight to DVD just so I can get it immediately. :)

Me too!!! They were giving out free T-shirts and posters at the door for the Midnight showing. It was great. I was like a little kid, all giddy and excited. Too bad the movie wasn't the best. But hey, free T-shirt!!

strangeillusion
01-Nov-2007, 10:52 PM
All I'm finding are interviews, reviews, speculation, opinions, blah blah blah. When do we get to see it?

2/15/2008 is the US release according to:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm