PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

DeadJonas190
12-Sep-2007, 05:54 AM
In all honesty, do any of you believe that this game will live up to the hype? Halo 2 had a lot of hype and it certainly didn't live up to it although it was a pretty good game. Halo 3 is quite possibly the most hyped game ever, it has already broken records on preorders, it is being sold at stores that don't even sell video games (7 Eleven, party stores and other such stores) and to top it all off it has articles in all types of magazines, not just game magazines.

I personally think it will be a pretty good game, but I doubt that it will live up to the hype.

So what are your thoughts.

EvilNed
12-Sep-2007, 06:23 AM
Impossible to live up to that kind of hype.

MinionZombie
12-Sep-2007, 10:12 AM
But then again, it's impossible to have such a game without that kind of hype...so I guess it's kind of expected really. Games are becoming more and more like films these days, and so in turn they have an increasing fan base and therefore launching a major franchise title ends up being a big deal.

It all comes down to the individual, same as with movies, if you go in expecting a whole bunch of stuff you're probably going to be disappointed. But just being excited over something is fine, unless you get tooooooo excited, because then when you finally get the game there's always that dip in your excitement - like the waiting is better than actually getting the game (but that wears off after a couple of days though).

Danny
12-Sep-2007, 03:20 PM
i enjoyed the last two, ill enjoy this one, i dont get what you mean, do you think everyones gonna finish ,drop there controllers and run outside and hug the nearest person weeping about how it all makes sense now?, no.
its just a game, itll be good because the last two were but its not gonna bring peace to the middle east or something, you cant hype it more than it being a fun game, cus thats all it needs to be.

Ivarr
12-Sep-2007, 05:13 PM
I played the first two a little and they were ok ... but I detest shooters on consoles for the most part.

I do not see anything about Halo3 that is going to change that.

Give me a keyboard/mouse type controler for the 360 and we are talking an entirly different thing.

Till then ... the PC still has better shooters than consoles ever will.

Danny
12-Sep-2007, 05:20 PM
i dunno, aside from stalker how many exclusive pc shooters are there?

aside from the generic bad guys in swat gear and gas masks type counterstrike imitators o' course. (cough-fear-cough)

Craig
12-Sep-2007, 06:12 PM
Halo 1+2 multiplayer is just too much fun for me not to get the game.

MinionZombie
12-Sep-2007, 06:20 PM
It's an already won fight, PC's simply are the platform to FPS shootaz. All the best sh*t in the genre starts out there. You can handle a shooter on consoles, but it's a struggle.

*sigh*

Can't be f*cked to get into it, already had a massive ruck with Capn over the topic, lol...anyway...consoles just aren't built for FPS shooters. They are built for fightin', racin' and other stuff...

PCs are where balls get stomped and mouse buttons get thrashed.

Tricky
12-Sep-2007, 06:35 PM

ya darn tootin'! the PC is where wars are won RTS stylee,cities are built,demolished or occupied & corridors/jungles are shot to sh!t by gamers with almost superhuman reflexes!

CoinReturn
12-Sep-2007, 07:05 PM
As far as living up to the hype, I think Halo 3 has to. Microsoft is betting the farm on this game, and it better pay off. I played the multiplayer beta for 3 weeks straight earlier this year, and I loved every second of it. The kicker, and the reason why I think it will indeed live up to the hype, is the fact that it has 4 PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP. Thats such an amazing technical feat. 4 players going through the single player story, fighting hundreds of enemies, driving vehicles...its just going to be an amazing amount of fun. I simply can't wait to blast though the game on Legnendary with 3 friends.

Edit: For the record, I thought Halo 1 was amazing for its time, and Halo 2 was a pretty big disappointment, aside from the multiplayer aspect. Bungie has acknowledged this, and has stated over and over again that they were rushed to release Halo 2 on time. They have gotten all the time they needed for Halo 3, though, and have been quoted as saying that its "the best thing they've ever done."

AcesandEights
12-Sep-2007, 07:25 PM
You can handle a shooter on consoles, but it's a struggle.

:rockbrow: Roiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Anyway, Halo 1 and 2 were great fun for multiplayer and the game will deliver. It will not live up to the hype, however. As has been said, how could it possibly live up to it? But who cares if it does? As long as it's fun for me and successful enough for the associated companies (Bungie et. al.) to push for more fps multi and co-op heavy games in the industry, I will be happy.

MinionZombie
12-Sep-2007, 08:08 PM
:rockbrow: Roiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Anyway, Halo 1 and 2 were great fun for multiplayer and the game will deliver. It will not live up to the hype, however. As has been said, how could it possibly live up to it? But who cares if it does? As long as it's fun for me and successful enough for the associated companies (Bungie et. al.) to push for more fps multi and co-op heavy games in the industry, I will be happy.
Don't blame me, it's just how it is.

Two separate twiddly sticks is nothing compared to a mouse. It's like aiming while wearing boxing gloves versus a marine sniper.

Ivarr
12-Sep-2007, 08:19 PM
whatever platform comes out with a mouse/keyboard controler setup (or even something like a Nostromo w/mouser) will make the playing field far more even.

Why do you think the cross platform (PC and 360) games suck so bad on the PC side ... they had to be dumbed down and made more equal to the poor aiming you get stuck with on a console.

I am not saying that a console "shooter" can not be fun ... but it will never be able to compete head to head with a PC shooter (unless it has been gimped for cross platform play)

DeadJonas190
13-Sep-2007, 06:32 AM
It's an already won fight, PC's simply are the platform to FPS shootaz. All the best sh*t in the genre starts out there. You can handle a shooter on consoles, but it's a struggle.

*sigh*

Can't be f*cked to get into it, already had a massive ruck with Capn over the topic, lol...anyway...consoles just aren't built for FPS shooters. They are built for fightin', racin' and other stuff...

The thing about that is that FPS's on any platform outsell every other type of game, but they sell better on consoles so thats they the developers keep making them for consoles instead of PC's. Personally I enjoy FPS games on both the PC and the console, but if I had to pick I would definatly go with the keyboard/mouse combo over the controler... except for the Wii remote, it is fantastic for FPS games. It's just too bad that there isn't a stand out FPS for the Wii, but give it time.

CoinReturn
13-Sep-2007, 03:32 PM
It's just too bad that there isn't a stand out FPS for the Wii, but give it time.
Metroid Prime 3 came out a few weeks ago. It controls better than an mouse and keyboard could ever dream of.

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 05:34 PM
Have you tried it on mouse & keyboard? :sneaky:

No? Well shaddup then. :lol::D:p

Danny
13-Sep-2007, 05:38 PM
remember when this was a thread about halo 3 folks?:sneaky:

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 05:49 PM
remember when this was a thread about halo 3 folks?:sneaky:
Remember all the times when you took a thread off topic? :p

Ooooooooh...sick burn! :lol::D

All this talk of SexBox gaming makes me wanna get a new game for my console...

Tricky
13-Sep-2007, 08:13 PM
Console mouse & keyboard set ups are always destined to fail,because everyone i know lounges on a settee or kneels/sits on the floor to play console,no room for a mouse & keyboard there!and really you'd look a bit of a dick playing a console while assuming the pc position at a desk :lol:

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 10:21 PM
Console mouse & keyboard set ups are always destined to fail,because everyone i know lounges on a settee or kneels/sits on the floor to play console,no room for a mouse & keyboard there!and really you'd look a bit of a dick playing a console while assuming the pc position at a desk :lol:
Yep, it's just not really gonna work. PCs are just too hardcore for the mainstream laid back console market.

I play my console with my feet up, slouched in a chair...I rarely play fully laid out in bed though, the detail starts to fuzz up a bit...the old eyesight isn't what it used to be, haha...anyway...

"shut up bollock chops" - just heard that on TV, f*cking brilliant. :lol:

So yeah, semi-relaxed is how I play my SexBox. Definitely not the PC gaming posture. :D

DeadJonas190
14-Sep-2007, 05:26 AM
Metroid Prime 3 came out a few weeks ago. It controls better than an mouse and keyboard could ever dream of.

Yep, it does. Hopefully this will make more companies realize how great the wii remote is for FPS games.

As for how I sit while playing a console, its usually at the edge of the couch/bed ready to kill something on the screen depending on what room I am playing it in. Yes, I am still relaxed.

ProfessorChaos
29-Mar-2009, 10:47 PM
major thread necromancy here, but i figured this would be the best place to post this, rather than starting a new thread. anywho, i've not played halo3 for quite a while now, but i might bust my copy out after watching this awesome vid:

pFmtr5SnsWE

mista_mo
30-Mar-2009, 12:07 AM
that video is awesome. Makes me want to get my gold membership renewed and play some halo 3.

but then I'd get killed by the little 9 year olds who play halo 70 hours a week, and then I'd probably break the controller...