PDA

View Full Version : DIARY gets US distribution!!!

RJ_Sevin
12-Sep-2007, 07:10 AM
Nevermind the brains reference, this rocks! (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33994)

bassman
12-Sep-2007, 12:51 PM
Awesome. I can't help but wonder if Tarantino and Rodriguez had something to do with this...

DjfunkmasterG
12-Sep-2007, 12:59 PM
I am glad he went with Weinstein... simply because they know how to market material worth marketing. Harvey and Bob are geniuses in the horror genre and I think Diary will get the proper marketing it deserves.

Although I am still skeptical of the film this was a very wise decision, and will put Romero in with a label known for decent horror.

Neil
12-Sep-2007, 02:55 PM
What about the UK/Europe!!!!!!

Griff
12-Sep-2007, 02:59 PM

I'm thankful the Weinsteins haven't secured those rights. They tend to treat the foreign territories with contempt. We still haven't gotten GRINDHOUSE down in Australia and you can guarantee it'll be chopped in two when we eventually do...

I'm happy for Romero, though. He must've gotten a good deal. I knew this baby would sell based on audience reaction and word of mouth from the TIFF screenings.

dmbfanintn
12-Sep-2007, 03:31 PM
Wow! Ronnie makes a rare appearance!

Thanks for the info man!

RJ_Sevin
12-Sep-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah -- I'm sorry I'm such a stranger these days. Between having a family, owning a small press (http://www.creepinghemlock.com), polishing my novel, and needing to sleep, I don't have much time for the Homepage these days. But now we have something new to talk about, so you'll see more of me. :skull:

AcesandEights
12-Sep-2007, 07:31 PM
I won't be relieved till I have a movie ticket and/or video store receipt for the movie, in my hand.

dynamitejim
12-Sep-2007, 07:38 PM
I am glad he went with Weinstein... simply because they know how to market material worth marketing. Harvey and Bob are geniuses in the horror genre and I think Diary will get the proper marketing it deserves.

Although I am still skeptical of the film this was a very wise decision, and will put Romero in with a label known for decent horror.

I dunno. Let's hope it doesn't flop as horrificly as Grindhouse did.

JohnoftheDead
12-Sep-2007, 07:51 PM
Now all we need is a release date...

DjfunkmasterG
12-Sep-2007, 09:05 PM
I dunno. Let's hope it doesn't flop as horrificly as Grindhouse did.

The GRINDHOUSE release date was QT's and RR's idea, and to be honest the running time ****ed that film. Nobody wants to sit through 3 hour and 15 minute films.

capncnut
12-Sep-2007, 11:02 PM
Chill out man, he done a deal for European distribution weeks ago.

Neil
13-Sep-2007, 09:49 AM
Chill out man, he done a deal for European distribution weeks ago.

Oh yeh! I forgot :dead:

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 10:31 AM
The GRINDHOUSE release date was QT's and RR's idea, and to be honest the running time ****ed that film. Nobody wants to sit through 3 hour and 15 minute films.
Well, nobody really wants to sit through a film that long in that genre. Lord of the Rings - fine, but back to back exploitation flicks? Nah, the average punter just can't do it, it's a big ask...I hope DVD will be where Grindhouse finds a home (in a proper release, not split up :rolleyes:).

As for Diary, it'd be awesome if it gets released in Europe first. :D I can't believe we had to hang around till September 23rd to get Land...mind you, that was a better time to pimp it out, I mean summer release...sheesh....

aga
07-Oct-2007, 11:11 PM
The Weinsteins are big fans of horror movie franchises (Children of the Corn, Hellraiser, Halloween, Scream) I wonder if they have similar plans for zombie flicks? Interest seems to be sustained enough for a straight-to-DVD series at least, and there's no better name to attach than Romero.

Cartma7546
08-Oct-2007, 07:18 AM
I live in san antonio and I missed my chance to meet the man!!!! Damn it!

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2007, 09:48 AM
The Weinsteins are big fans of horror movie franchises (Children of the Corn, Hellraiser, Halloween, Scream) I wonder if they have similar plans for zombie flicks? Interest seems to be sustained enough for a straight-to-DVD series at least, and there's no better name to attach than Romero.
Well, they were clearly not bothered about horror enough to lay down the cash for "Red State" (Kevin Smith's horror script), they passed on it...apparently it's quite a f*cked up script.

Danny
08-Oct-2007, 10:11 AM
^ i allredy wanted to see it, the dudes one of my film making heros, my final film thesis was base don him, and now i wanna see it more.

bassman
08-Oct-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, they were clearly not bothered about horror enough to lay down the cash for "Red State" (Kevin Smith's horror script), they passed on it...apparently it's quite a f*cked up script.

they probably passed on it because of Grindhouse and Halloween not doing as well as they had hoped. But then again.....aren't they behind the Saw franchise?

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2007, 03:21 PM
SAW is Lionsgate, I'm not sure if they're anything to do with Miramax, but the Weinstein's are solo now so...

But yeah, SAW is Lionsgate ... Smith should see if they want a piece of the action, they've released some f*cked up films before, many in fact.

I've no idea if the Weinstein's control that company or not, I don't think so, but they'd be rejecting it under The Weinstein Company anyway ... but then they mishandled both Grindhouse and Halloween 2007, so it's better that they don't touch Red State if you think about it that way...anyway...I think Smitty will find an outlet for RS, but it's a case of who and when I guess.

DeadJonas190
09-Oct-2007, 06:41 PM
You know, Weinstein means that it will be a Blockbuster exclusive rental movie.

I am glad it got distribution though, I want to see it.

vito
13-Oct-2007, 03:06 AM
:) god yes!!!!!!!!!