PDA

View Full Version : So HL ep2 + TF2 + Portal : Monday!!!

Neil
12-Sep-2007, 02:59 PM
Anyone signing up for this?

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 10:32 AM
Eh?! That's coming out on Monday?! :eek:

I'd almost entirely forgotten about it to be honest, what with Valve dragging their butts because of the console versions (i.e. PC version getting set back and fudged over with the way it's to be sold).

Apparently the PS3 version has to wait even longer. :rolleyes:

CornishCorpse
17-Sep-2007, 09:28 PM
Gah Half life only kept me because of Ravenholm and Portal does not appeal except on the "oh well its only 3.50 how bad can it be?" sort of scale and I was going to buy the package for tf2 but since I downloaded the quake wars demo bah, tf is now cheesy and cheap.

Craig
17-Sep-2007, 11:36 PM
I might just buy Portal when it's out, looks very interesting.

PS. Is anyone else having trouble with Steam since the latest update?

Neil
18-Sep-2007, 07:47 AM
I might just buy Portal when it's out, looks very interesting.

PS. Is anyone else having trouble with Steam since the latest update?

Out of the blue the other day I had to relogon etc...

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2007, 10:32 AM
I tried playing HL2 again recently, but couldn't because it needed my login info, which I can't tell it, because that computer isn't connected to the internet and I'd have to drag it freaking downstairs all over again to fiddle that one damn thing!

I downloaded Episode One, probably try and do the same with Two...and yes, Ep One did work as a download.

But I duno why Steam went and forgot my info, freaking bastard piece of crap. Now I can't play HL2. I severely object to Steam and HAVING to have your gaming rig online to get it installed. Was easy-as-pie back at Uni when I got HL2, because we were all wired through routers and it was merely a case of moving the wire about a foot from my laptop to my desktop, but now it's a complete hassle - upstairs, other side of the house. *sigh*

If only there was a crack for Steam so you could play offline without it needing your info, I simply can't be arsed to drag that entire rig downstairs just to login to Steam. :rolleyes:

Neil
18-Sep-2007, 11:53 AM
I tried playing HL2 again recently, but couldn't because it needed my login info, which I can't tell it, because that computer isn't connected to the internet and I'd have to drag it freaking downstairs all over again to fiddle that one damn thing!

I downloaded Episode One, probably try and do the same with Two...and yes, Ep One did work as a download.

But I duno why Steam went and forgot my info, freaking bastard piece of crap. Now I can't play HL2. I severely object to Steam and HAVING to have your gaming rig online to get it installed. Was easy-as-pie back at Uni when I got HL2, because we were all wired through routers and it was merely a case of moving the wire about a foot from my laptop to my desktop, but now it's a complete hassle - upstairs, other side of the house. *sigh*

If only there was a crack for Steam so you could play offline without it needing your info, I simply can't be arsed to drag that entire rig downstairs just to login to Steam. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it's completely understandable given how rife pirating (torrenting) is!

Craig
18-Sep-2007, 12:07 PM
Well since the latest update all my Source games will not load up for not being able to 'read' some memory or something. And Red Orchestra will not load due to a Runtime Error, which a lot of people are getting... It's annoying 'cause I'd downloaded the Portal Gun mod for GMod and wanted to try it out.