PDA

View Full Version : More Distribution Info!

DruNewp
12-Sep-2007, 09:53 PM
More info on the Weinstein distribution...

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4952

AcesandEights
12-Sep-2007, 10:04 PM
Nice link. Thank you! Committed to a theatrical release? I hope it gets a fairly widespread release...but I'm not too confident on that count. Luckily, I 'll be able to go into NYC and catch it, regardless.

DruNewp
13-Sep-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm assuming they're going to get this out for the Halloween season. The biggest mistake with LOTD was it being pulled for a Summer release. Bad move.

Could you imagine how much more US$ it could have made with an October release? I think Weinstein knows it, and if he bought it for $2 mill, I have faith everyone will make big money...

Besides that, I just want to see the damn thing NOW!

JohnoftheDead
13-Sep-2007, 12:02 PM
I would say it's a bit late to start promoting a movie for the Halloween season, although I hope you're right. Starting advertising now would not create near enough buzz around a film to get the average movie-goers out to see it.

jim102016
13-Sep-2007, 01:05 PM
I would say it's a bit late to start promoting a movie for the Halloween season, although I hope you're right. Starting advertising now would not create near enough buzz around a film to get the average movie-goers out to see it.

A bit late, but I think they could still make some dough. Its only about halfway through September, if they starting running advertisements on tv and previews at the movies ASAP....I mean today or tomorrow they have a month and a half until Halloween.

DruNewp
14-Sep-2007, 06:22 AM

You may be right, but I think the Weinsteins know that they'll make the most money if it's released ASAP. That's how LAND failed - they pulled the original Halloween season release date and threw it up in the Summer. It's either take advantage of the season or release it during Christmas time.

They could hold onto it longer, but I doubt it...

Griff
14-Sep-2007, 02:12 PM
Films are often booked into theatres months in advance. I've heard they're pushing for an early 2008 release.

Ivarr
14-Sep-2007, 11:34 PM
I hope they put it out on DVD first ... then open it for theatrical release in 2008.

I know I would buy it ... and still see it on the big screen.

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2007, 04:28 PM
Those would be the Weinstein brothers, right? If so, great, I'm looking forward to seeing this get good distrobution.