PDA

View Full Version : the zombie diaries...

penisdemilo
13-Sep-2007, 05:19 PM
has anyone else checked out this utterly depressing yet not that bad movie?

the plot is seemingly similar to the as yet unreleased GAR movie (the plot details of which we only know from reviews/interviews/leaks). a virus is reanimating bodies and a documentary film team heads off to the countryside to cover the story, where they find themselves in the middle of zombies and psychopaths. there are like 3 or 4 storylines going on all about people who are trying to survive who are videotaping their experiences.

i don't know about the rest of you but a video camera would be the last thing i would want to be burdened with in a situation like that.

still it is worth a look.

ZombieGrrL
11-Mar-2008, 02:44 AM
I know The Zombie Diaries has had a lot of flak but I actually quite liked it.

It feels very much like a home movie, would have liked to have seen more zombies but it deals with the human nature side of an infestation quite well for the most part. The first time I watched it, I was stunned at the end. A second watch is recommended. I've seen better, I've seen worse.

I agree with what some people are saying, where the DVD cover mis-represents the movie as it seems like a huge buget movie (with a lot of zombies with London in the background) but it isn't.

Legion2213
12-Mar-2008, 02:04 AM
I enjoyed it, I've watched it a few times since buying the DVD. Good movie considering the tight budget and small cast.

MontagMOI
12-Mar-2008, 06:29 PM
I've seen it three time now and although it is grim, i think it's a cracking little film and i was impressed by the zombies in the film - not bad looking for such a low budget. Plus it has some really nice extras.

dirtydwarf
13-Mar-2008, 05:09 PM
Where you guys see it at? Is it a rental somewhere? Doesn't look like it can be bought at Amazon.

Legion2213
14-Mar-2008, 12:58 AM
Where you guys see it at? Is it a rental somewhere? Doesn't look like it can be bought at Amazon.

I'm in the UK, so I had no trouble finding it, you should be able to find a few copies floating around on ebay if Amazon.US doesn't have it (not sure if it had a Region 1 release though, you got a multi region DVD machine?)

Zombill
15-Mar-2008, 12:17 AM
where they find themselves in the middle of zombies

Oh man like that part where the dude gets up that hill and he is like what is that and he has to turn on the nightvision and all of the sudden 6 of them are on top of him and he gets away but not without being severly injured, now thats what I call a fricken zombie flick oh yeah:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Mike70
15-Mar-2008, 12:36 AM
if you live in the US it is available through, ahem, alternate means.:sneaky:

that is how i got my hands on it.

Yojimbo
15-Mar-2008, 07:54 PM
I had attempted to go the alternative route, but inevitably couldn't get it to work for me, plus I just couldn't wash away the feeling of guilt! Unclean!

Just as well, since my wife soon agreed that we needed to secure a region free player, which we did in addition to ordering a genuine copy of Zombie Diaries from some power seller in the UK. So now, in addition to Zombie Diaries, we are ordering a lot of other euro and Japanese DVDs that we previously had our eyes on.

Can't wait to get the Zombie Diaries since it looks like a pretty solid film!

DubiousComforts
15-Mar-2008, 08:20 PM
Just as well, since my wife soon agreed that we needed to secure a region free player, which we did in addition to ordering a genuine copy of Zombie Diaries from some power seller in the UK. So now, in addition to Zombie Diaries, we are ordering a lot of other euro and Japanese DVDs that we previously had our eyes on.
Keep in mind that in addition to the player being region free, you will also need a PAL-to-NTSC converter in order to watch European DVDs in the USA. Many DVD players actually have the facility to convert formats, it simply isn't advertised due to restrictions imposed by the motion picture cartel.

ZombieGrrL
16-Mar-2008, 01:06 AM
I got mine from eBay.... It's a good movie to add to your zombie collection.

Yojimbo
16-Mar-2008, 04:16 PM
Keep in mind that in addition to the player being region free, you will also need a PAL-to-NTSC converter in order to watch European DVDs in the USA. Many DVD players actually have the facility to convert formats, it simply isn't advertised due to restrictions imposed by the motion picture cartel.

Good information to know. Am now praying that the region free unit I purchased will be able to convert PAL to NTSC. Damn the cartel! Whether oil or motion picture they always make things difficult for the consumer.

Thanks for the heads up, brother!

Yojimbo
28-Mar-2008, 02:04 AM
Dudes, maybe I am the only one who didn't know this, and certainly Dubious info last week went a long way in hipping me to this, but:

I recently purchased online a DVD player that was supposed to be a region free model, but turned out once I received it that it wasn't. Guess this won't be the first or last time someone got burned on an internet purchase, but what really chafed me was that I could not play my recently delivered, Region 2 copy of "The Zombie Diaries" which I had been looking forward to.

Thanks to Dubious' info, I figured, what the hell, and I popped my DVD into my wife's laptop, and much to my surprise the damned thing was able to play my disc! Enjoyed the hell out of the film (U.K. does zombies right!)

Thanks Dubious. As always, you rule!

Danny
28-Mar-2008, 02:22 AM
i was surprised to find a copy in HMV myself.

DubiousComforts
28-Mar-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks Dubious. As always, you rule!
Aw, shucks, I didn't do nuthin' really. :D

Just so you know, your computer won't have the same limitations as your standalone dvd player/tv combo. A computer will play both PAL and NTSC discs, and if you figure out how to *ahem* remove the drive's region coding, it will play everything.

If you still want an inexpensive standalone DVD player that will do both PAL and NTSC, you want something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Cyberhome-Region-Progressive-Player-300/dp/B0002JABOY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206676902&sr=1-2).