PDA

View Full Version : say what?!?!? 6th film?!?

acealive1
13-Sep-2007, 05:47 PM
Today B-D reporter Mike Pereira sat down with legendary director George A. Romero to chat one-on-one about DIARY OF THE DEAD, which is Romero's first independent film in years. During the video interview (which you'll see in a week or two) he scooped us on the possibility of a sixth zombie film!

He tells us that IF the film is a success the Weinsteins will want him to write another one, which will begin directly after the conclusion to DIARY. Unfortunately you won't know what I'm talking about until you see the film, but it's a pretty cool finale that leaves our lead characters in a very uncomfortable and tight position.

Otherwise Romero explained that he doesn't really have any direct plans to go forth with the franchise right now and has other projects he'd rather be doing, like SEASON OF THE WITCH. So the fans will have a huge impact on when we might see more of the undead!

With a story mixing elements of "The Blair Witch Project" and the long-running "Dead" series, the film will follow a group of college students shooting a horror movie in the woods who stumble upon a real zombie uprising. When the onslaught begins, they seize the moment as any good film students would, capturing the undead in a "cinema verite" style that causes more than the usual production headaches.

Danny
13-Sep-2007, 05:50 PM
...hmm, just making a sequel becuase the previous films were popular, thats often a sign of monetary sucess but not eactly good news for new grounds in filmmmaking.:|

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 06:04 PM
He had a direct sequel to Land in mind, but then that was off the cards...so I duno, if he can make a good film out of it, I don't really mind, but I wanna see Diary first before I'd even think about a direct-Diary-sequel.

It would be good if GAR could get in a different project, but something worthwhile...I duno about a Season of the Witch remake, although I'd rather have GAR remake it than anyone else - mind you, if GAR wants to remake one of his flicks, I'd totally like to see an updated Crazies - but ONLY from the man himself - anyone else can f*ck off away from The Crazies (I thought the film was kick ass)...but my point being, it'd be more apt for a remake than SOTW I'd personally think.

Anyway, bring on Diary...I wonder when us Brits get our grubby mits on it.

acealive1
13-Sep-2007, 06:20 PM
He had a direct sequel to Land in mind, but then that was off the cards...so I duno, if he can make a good film out of it, I don't really mind, but I wanna see Diary first before I'd even think about a direct-Diary-sequel.

It would be good if GAR could get in a different project, but something worthwhile...I duno about a Season of the Witch remake, although I'd rather have GAR remake it than anyone else - mind you, if GAR wants to remake one of his flicks, I'd totally like to see an updated Crazies - but ONLY from the man himself - anyone else can f*ck off away from The Crazies (I thought the film was kick ass)...but my point being, it'd be more apt for a remake than SOTW I'd personally think.

Anyway, bring on Diary...I wonder when us Brits get our grubby mits on it.

they've been hollerin about a crazies remake for about a year now. and george clooney's name keeps popping up

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2007, 08:48 PM
they've been hollerin about a crazies remake for about a year now. and george clooney's name keeps popping up

I can see the POSTER now...

GEORGE CLOONEY GEORGE A. ROMERO
from the director of Night of the Living Dead

The Crazies

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2007, 09:20 PM
Good news, good news. Can only comment so much, because I was screening the original post for spoiler info.

acealive1
13-Sep-2007, 09:39 PM
I can see the POSTER now...

GEORGE CLOONEY GEORGE A. ROMERO
from the director of Night of the Living Dead

The Crazies

LOL

he better have enough sense and courtesy to let romero be. i wouldnt mind him being in a romero film though since it would make an ass load of money and give romero more hollywood leverage. as of right now,no HUGE stars have been in his movies. almost like its taboo. like no one you know owns a spice girls album but they sold 15 million copies of one cd.

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 10:10 PM
Of course the sad thing is, the Crazies remake "in the works" (i.e. currently "long grass") has got fook all to do with the GAR-ster. :(

Hopefully it stays gone, the original is brilliant...I must watch it again sometime actually, it rocks, great visuals too.

acealive1
14-Sep-2007, 12:34 AM
Of course the sad thing is, the Crazies remake "in the works" (i.e. currently "long grass") has got fook all to do with the GAR-ster. :(

Hopefully it stays gone, the original is brilliant...I must watch it again sometime actually, it rocks, great visuals too.

if they ask him to direct the remake, expect it to be darker

Danny
14-Sep-2007, 03:29 AM
im i the only one that would have looked forward to that spin off series that follow events after land?

anyone?:(

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2007, 10:03 AM
im i the only one that would have looked forward to that spin off series that follow events after land?

anyone?:(
I'd totally watch it. :)

Danny
14-Sep-2007, 01:00 PM
damn straight *high 5's ala holden mcneil in jay and silent bob, including neck crack*:lol:

JohnoftheDead
14-Sep-2007, 01:32 PM
Ehh, a Season of the Witch remake? The original is definitely my least fave of GAR's movies, I bought the DVD just cuz I have to feed the hole, but I can't find any interest in this at all, nor can I see many other people having much interest in it either. If GAR wants to remake one of his own films, he should remake Day using his original script.

bassman
14-Sep-2007, 01:39 PM
If GAR wants to remake one of his own films, he should remake Day using his original script.

Why do I always read about this? True, it's a bummer that we never got his original "Ben Hur with zombies in it", but the result that we do have is a damn fine film. It's also Romero's favorite so I seriously doubt he would consider remaking it. I for one hope that he doesn't...

Griff
14-Sep-2007, 02:14 PM
Why do I always read about this? True, it's a bummer that we never got his original "Ben Hur with zombies in it", but the result that we do have is a damn fine film. It's also Romero's favorite so I seriously doubt he would consider remaking it. I for one hope that he doesn't...

Not to mention that LAND poached just about everything from that DAY script that didn't make it to the revised version.

JohnoftheDead
14-Sep-2007, 06:50 PM
Well Day is my favorite of all of GAR's films, but I was simply saying that it was the film that GAR himself didn't get to make as he really wanted, SO, if he was going to remake one of his own films, you would think that would be the one he should or would want to remake.

bassman
14-Sep-2007, 07:53 PM
Well Day is my favorite of all of GAR's films, but I was simply saying that it was the film that GAR himself didn't get to make as he really wanted, SO, if he was going to remake one of his own films, you would think that would be the one he should or would want to remake.

Yeah, but my point is that the film that exists is his favorite. I don't think he would change it. And just as Griff said, he used alot of elements from the original Day script in Land.

jim102016
14-Sep-2007, 09:15 PM
Not to mention that LAND poached just about everything from that DAY script that didn't make it to the revised version.

If Romero is going to do a remake, I think he should take a look at the original Day' script for inspiration. I read the script a few years ago, I don't think too much was shaved off it for Land. Surely, it could be dusted off, updated, and brought to life with a different title (wouldn't want to be associated in any capacity with Day/2007).

I agree, I would think Day would be the one he'd want to remake since it was yanked out from under him years ago. A journey uncompleted.

I think George Clooney is lower than dog sh*t, but I have do doubt a remake of the Crazies would be interesting.

bassman
14-Sep-2007, 09:17 PM
I think George Clooney is lower than dog sh*t, but I have do doubt a remake of the Crazies would be interesting.

Oh come on.....you don't like living bobble heads?:p

He was good in "From Dusk Till Dawn".....but other than that, I dunno...

acealive1
14-Sep-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh come on.....you don't like living bobble heads?:p

He was good in "From Dusk Till Dawn".....but other than that, I dunno...

which shows he'll make a horror film in a heartbeat