PDA

View Full Version : Will You See RE: Extinction

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2007, 02:09 AM
Well, it comes out in the US later this month and...who the fvck knows when elsewhere...who is gonna check it out?

Danny
15-Sep-2007, 02:23 AM
well the 2nd one was great even if the first was just terrible (a frikkin' licker was the ultimate bad guy, A LICKER?!?, were the frigg was the tyratn, or gaint snake or hunters?!?), this doesnt looks too bad, plus its going in a different direction than the typical zombie "more of the same" sequel so im not sure if its ognna be good or bad, but either way itll praobably be entertaining for my 6 quids worth.

ProfessorChaos
15-Sep-2007, 04:18 AM
didn't really like either of the first two. i was hoping they'd stick to the storyline from the game, so i was pretty let down. the 2nd was just WAY too predictable, so i'll probably just catch this one as a re-run on sci-fi channel (if i'm baked/bored).

capncnut
15-Sep-2007, 06:11 AM
I'll probably see this at some point but I can guarantee you it wont cost me anything.

slickwilly13
15-Sep-2007, 07:11 AM
I might sh!t cam it. Last movie pissed me off it was so stupid. And it was sh!t cammed, too. Imagine how pissed I would have been if I paid to see it.

Craig
15-Sep-2007, 09:24 AM
If anything I prefered the first one to the second...

I'm not gonna head to the cinema to see this but I might check it out on doovde when it comes out.

axlish
15-Sep-2007, 01:04 PM
I can't wait. The 2nd had its corny elements but I am still amped to see what part 3 could provide.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2007, 01:17 PM
Well this time they did hire a director who actually ... knows how to direct. Plus the trailer looks pretty kick ass, and they do show a zombie infested world, although using the desert kind of sucks I would rather be in a ruined city.

jim102016
15-Sep-2007, 02:17 PM
I like strictly the zombie aspect, those monsters and infected dogs and god knows what else don't impress me. I hope they show more of the outbreak process in the crowded areas.

This series is better than the awful sh*t seen on SciFi, and better than a certain remake that's due out soon in my humble opinion.

bassman
15-Sep-2007, 04:43 PM
The first film was pretty much dog sh*t.....the second made me want to rip my eyeballs out and feed them to my dog.....so nah. I think i'll skip this one...

I would rather watch ROTLD again over RE2:hurl:

ProfessorChaos
15-Sep-2007, 06:37 PM
This series is better than the awful sh*t seen on SciFi, and better than a certain remake that's due out soon in my humble opinion.

gotta agree with ya there, man...much rather see this that the new "gay of the dead"..but that ain't sayin' much...i'd probably prefer to watch about anything other than "day of the dead" 2008...bad day to be a zombie fan...:barf:

Andy
15-Sep-2007, 07:09 PM
The first two both sucked ape ass, but i will be driven to see it by unknown forces... where is the "i will download it" option? cuz i certainly wont be throwing good money away at this trash.

capncnut
16-Sep-2007, 07:43 AM
where is the "i will download it" option?
Or "see my pirate movie purveyor" option? :D

Danny
16-Sep-2007, 11:18 AM
I like strictly the zombie aspect, those monsters and infected dogs and god knows what else don't impress me.

uhh, dude, those zombie dogs and crows andmutations ect. are a key part of resident evil, take them out adn it wouldnt BE rsident evil it would just be another zombie flick with retarded hissing zombies.

jim102016
16-Sep-2007, 01:53 PM
uhh, dude, those zombie dogs and crows andmutations ect. are a key part of resident evil, take them out adn it wouldnt BE rsident evil it would just be another zombie flick with retarded hissing zombies.

Never played the video game, never experienced the "Resident Evil phenomenon". Just another zombie movie to me with strange mutated animals. Cheap knock off of Romero.

Danny
16-Sep-2007, 02:01 PM
well then if you never played the games then you werent the primary target audience for the product so you cant really expect it to be suited to your tastes if you dont know the plot of the series.

DeadJonas190
16-Sep-2007, 10:03 PM
I was supposed to go see it Friday night with my girlfriend, but she dumped me. I meet an awesome woman who is good looking, intelligent, funny and to top it off, she loves zombie movies, I do everything right, and I get dumped because she doesn't want to be in a relationship right now...

But that's off topic.

I want to see it, but now I don't know when I'll see it, none of my friends want to see it and I don't feel like going by myself.

jim102016
17-Sep-2007, 12:31 AM
well then if you never played the games then you werent the primary target audience for the product so you cant really expect it to be suited to your tastes if you dont know the plot of the series.

I don't need a video game to figure out the plot surrounding a series of movies. It's not an earth shattering experience, merely a movie among many that used the living dead theme perfected forty years ago. Only this one added ridiculous animals and strange creatures.

This movie was tailored to appeal to horror fans in order to make money, not to satisfy video gammers.

ProfessorChaos
17-Sep-2007, 02:59 AM
This movie was tailored to appeal to horror fans in order to make money, not to satisfy video gammers.

i gotta disagree with ya there, man. i think everyone who played these games (and trust me, if you haven't you're missing out, dude) was thinking: "man, this would make a killer movie!" these games defined "survival horror", which has been copied by all kinds of inferior knock-offs.

after spawning a handful of sequels and beginning to see declining sales, the corporate jerks probably figured: "how else can we make $ of these kids? oh yeah, how about we make this into a movie?"

unfortunately for us fans, they hired a bunch of retards to draft these films up, and they totally suck.

both re1 and re2 are on tnt hd tonight, and even though i love watching movies on my new hd tv:cool:, i can't bear to watch these two crap-fests:dead:

capncnut
17-Sep-2007, 07:43 AM
Indeed, if it wasn't for the gamers, the Resident Evil series would be playing in empty theatres.

axlish
17-Sep-2007, 02:36 PM

The video game was meant to satisfy horror fans. The movie was meant to draw in the gaming crowd, and hopefully get some horror audience spillover.

clanglee
17-Sep-2007, 09:10 PM
I actually quite enjoyed the first RE, the second one was soooooooo soooooo terrible. This on looks like it might not be too bad, but trailers are often deceiving. It does have Nikki from HEROS though. So here's hoping for a nudie scene. :D

AcesandEights
17-Sep-2007, 09:13 PM
I actually quite enjoyed the first RE, the second one was soooooooo soooooo terrible.

I totally agree. I thought the first one was good fun and a decent zombie movie (as other have said, better than some of the crap off the Sci Fi channel, as of late).