PDA

View Full Version : Techie question

Chic Freak
15-Sep-2007, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know of a free program I can download without fooking my computer, or an online thing where I can make an animated banner?

I have my 470 x 80 pixle slides ready to go, all saved as gifs, but I don't know what to do with them! I did find one place where you could do it online for free, but I got stuck with their logo on my banner :/

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

PS: on an unrelated note, is it possible to change my screen name? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask. Ta!

Neil
17-Sep-2007, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know of a free program I can download without fooking my computer, or an online thing where I can make an animated banner?

I have my 470 x 80 pixle slides ready to go, all saved as gifs, but I don't know what to do with them! I did find one place where you could do it online for free, but I got stuck with their logo on my banner :/

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

PS: on an unrelated note, is it possible to change my screen name? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask. Ta!

You might find something with a google!? eg: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/web_graphics/article.php/3479881

As for changing your screen name, we'd ideally prefer you don't unless there's a very good reason...

Andy
17-Sep-2007, 11:01 PM
Personally i would try download.com (http://www.download.com), search on there its full of freeware and shareware programs.. if you have paintshop pro it comes with a program called animation shop which is very good for creating and editing animations, thats what i use.

As for changing your name, like neil has already said, we would rather you didn't, but if you really want to contact either myself or neil to do it for you, we do also ask that you keep your new name similar to your old one so other members can recognise you and to avoid confusion there, again like neil said, unless there is good reason for this not to be the case.

Chic Freak
18-Sep-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys!

I did try a Google search to begin with, but didn't spot that 'So, You Want An Animated .gif, Huh?' site, so thanks for that Neil :)

I do have a copy of Photoshop that I haven't even looked at yet, mostly because I assume that it will be too complicated for me to figure out, but I will try.

I wanted to change my screen name to Anita De Bauch, just because it's my new modelling alias... I've totally dispensed with 'Chic Freak' really, it doesn't suit what I do so well any more :)