PDA

View Full Version : a quick review of superbad

Danny
16-Sep-2007, 11:52 AM
*taken from my blog so its kinda crappy ,just kidna ignore the crap*

ANYWAY- aftergetting back from the con i showed my freinds that terrifying "leave britney spears alone" video and consolevanias "hitler, pimp my console" skit when a guy says "yo lets go and see SUPERBAD!", so we did.
my thoughts?
i ****ING loved it, and in real life i rarely drop an f-bomb but i did to say that. superbad was fantastic from start to finish, and its smartly written and put it up against american pie ,which wasnt to smart to begin with, and it looks retarded. Superbad is basically the story of 3 guys getting booze for a party, which leads em on certain adventures, like foagle "mclovin'" going on a trip around town with the most inept cops in the universe.
The jokes range from pretty smart but outragoues, like suddenly having a character go on a tangent about since he was 8 years old all hes been able to draw are adult male penises, to the full on gross out as the same character dances with a woman and finds she left period blood on his jeans. gross but hilarious.
Its got pop culture refernces galore, a tarantino style funkieness running through it that you cant quite put your finger on and the old school "nerd becomes the life of the party" trip to it.
I would say comedy wise, for my generation this is kinda like the animal house of a few generations back, its funny, totally rewatchable, quotable and i think the jokes are so out there they will stand the test of time for a while, which clearly hasnt happened with most of american pie series(i.e the scenes without gene levvy as jims dad).

i give it 10/10 and heartily recommend this as a cinema viewing, not a "catch it on dvd in 6 months" deal. superbad is superrad, yeah that sucks but, it is.

slickwilly13
16-Sep-2007, 04:23 PM
SuperBad kicked f#cking ass! Only if all cops were that way.

Danny
16-Sep-2007, 04:42 PM
my prediction is that the cops get a spin off of there own, who wouldnt pay to see that, really?

slickwilly13
16-Sep-2007, 05:47 PM
Fogell disturbingly, looked like me back in the day before I started working out. Except, I wasn't a dork.

AcesandEights
17-Sep-2007, 03:00 AM
Ah, dude, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2007, 01:02 PM
Superbad was one of the funniest movies I've seen in my entire life. It surpassed my expectations by miles. I immediately lumped it in with some of my favorite classics, such as Better Of Dead and Dazed & Confused to name a couple.

I really thought Fogle & the cops portions of the movie were ultimately the best parts but the movie as a whole was just hilarious and off the wall. I like the fact that it's 2 hours long, as opposed to most comedies that run 80-90 minutes.

I saw it with the perfect crowd, too. Never have I experienced a theatre that was laughing as hard at everything I found funny. Usually I'm the only one laughing at truly funny stuff because most people are too braindead to catch it.

Danny
18-Sep-2007, 02:24 PM
oh mna i just remembered, when the credits were about to start it said the whole "customers will be checked for camcorders, but this can be missed, if you spot someone who is arousing suspicitin-" and when i read to ther ein my head i swear i heard butthead in thec rowd behind me go "uh-heheheheh... aroused":lol: