PDA

View Full Version : Recent game adverts..

Tricky
17-Sep-2007, 10:04 AM
Why the hell are they all showing all this awesome looking footage with "not actual gameplay" at the bottom of the screen?are they ashamed of their product or something?the vast majority of games these days,even the bad ones,have sweet visuals so i can see no reason why they shouldnt show actual footage of the game!false advertising if you ask me....

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2007, 10:26 AM
Well it was more false when they didn't say "not in game footage". But a lot of ones I've seen have in-game footage now, because they're into the "next gen", so the graphics look sweet, but by the time it gets to the end of this generation, guaranteed they'll go back to pre-rendered CGI.

They don't show footage of PS2 titles anymore, and haven't for a long time, but as for next gen games, it's a mix, sometimes it's a CGI thingy just to represent the game over all, especially if you can't really show the true content pre-watershed...so it's a mish-mash...

CoinReturn
17-Sep-2007, 05:17 PM
Its pretty simple. They want something thats going to grab your attention, even if it contains no gameplay. Think of it like a McDonalds commercial. Do the burgers ever look as good as they do in the commercials? Hell no, you get a flattened sh*t burger with cold fries on the side. At least with games you're able to read reviews from multiple sources and decide for yourself its its worth $60.

Danny
18-Sep-2007, 01:30 AM
plus some like that brilliant gears' mad world one wouldnt do those sweeping camera motions with the ingame engine camera, though it does use the cahracter models and locations from in the game though.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2007, 10:40 AM
I saw one for John Woo's thingamy yesterday, it looks like game footage, but it isn't...perhaps a mix of in-game engine and CGI to make it look a bit poncier, also, some of those angles, or most of them, probably aren't in the game...just because it'd be impossible to play a game in that way.

Hmmm...