PDA

View Full Version : 3:10 to Yuma...no spoilage

MissJacksonCA
18-Sep-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm not a huge western movie fan... but this movie was AWESOME! I thought Ben Foster totally stole the show his performance was just amazing but all around this flick never stopped holding its vice grip on me... I loved it I suggest it for anyone... totally entertaining...

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2007, 04:14 AM
Excellent. I just recently, within the past year, got into westerns and this remake looks pretty damn good to me.

AcesandEights
19-Sep-2007, 07:39 PM
I loved 3:10 to Yuma. Though I can't compare it to the original film (yes, for those unaware, this is a remake), I really enjoyed the pace, acting, milieu and attitude of this movie. Not a ton of gunplay, but when they have it, it's... painfully cool.

Danny
19-Sep-2007, 09:59 PM
im a big western fan so ill check this out when ive got some moolah ta' spare.

ProfessorChaos
19-Sep-2007, 10:10 PM
christian bale is a top-notch actor, one of the best in the business, and i've always liked westerns, so i'm gonna have to check this out

MissJacksonCA
20-Sep-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm trying to ...shall we say... brighten my horizons by watching movies I wouldn't normally check out... was totally upset with Dragon Wars but 3:10 was awesome!

bassman
20-Nov-2007, 08:16 PM
My buddy loaned me a copy of the 3:10 To Yuma remake today. I'm torn between watching that or "Crank". Probably going to choose 3:10, though...

Geophyrd
21-Nov-2007, 12:15 PM
He was also great in 30 Days of Night, which was actually a pretty good vampire movie. I know its got its detractors, but I dug it. Oh, and don't forget him as Angel in Xmen Last...ok, you CAN forget that one.

AcesandEights
21-Nov-2007, 12:21 PM
Yup, Foster rocked in 3:10.

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2008, 10:37 PM
Just (FINALLY) saw this movie and thought it was fookin excellent. I went over to the IMDB page and nearly every single forum user there seems to disagree, calling it a pile of garbage in an abundance of threads.

Bub666
28-Jul-2008, 03:18 AM
I just watch this movie last week.It wasn't that bad.

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2008, 01:37 PM
it was fookin excellent.

Hell yeah, it was! :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it, man. You can't really pay too much attention to IMDB ranters. They're hardcore people who desperately need to out their opinions, so one has to question their motives and how thoroughly those motives color their opinions. But I know how disheartening it can be to really like a movie and see it getting some heavy bash.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jul-2008, 02:08 PM
Foster pretty much rocks in everything he is in. If you liked him in 3:10 and 30 Days of Night, I suggest you give Alpha Dog a go. He is awesome in that movie and it is a good flick.

I think 3:10 is a good film, I own the Blu-Gay version of it, I als own 30 Days of Night as well, but when it comes to Westerns, I love my fill, and I own quite a few... Just waiting for the HD releases of the original Spaghetti Westerns, and when it comes to westerns, Clint is the ****ing man.

However, I don't know if you would personally qualify this as a western, but There Will Be Blood is another great flick.

bassman
28-Jul-2008, 03:30 PM
However, I don't know if you would personally qualify this as a western, but There Will Be Blood is another great flick.

Ah! I just recently watch this. AWESOME flick. Can't wait to see it again.

And now I finally know what people are talking about with that whole "I drink your milkshake" thing.:lol:

As for 3:10, I've watched bits of it but have yet to sit down and give it a good watch. And the dvd has actually been in my "to be watched" stack for many months.:dead:

MikePizzoff
28-Jul-2008, 05:17 PM
Foster pretty much rocks in everything he is in. If you liked him in 3:10 and 30 Days of Night, I suggest you give Alpha Dog a go. He is awesome in that movie and it is a good flick.

I think 3:10 is a good film, I own the Blu-Gay version of it, I als own 30 Days of Night as well, but when it comes to Westerns, I love my fill, and I own quite a few... Just waiting for the HD releases of the original Spaghetti Westerns, and when it comes to westerns, Clint is the ****ing man.

Yeah, Ben Foster is an incredible actor. I saw Alpha Dog and he was every bit as good in that as I found him to be in 3:10 and 30 Days.

Funny that you suggest There Will Be Blood, because I also picked that up and will probably give a viewing today or tomorrow.

MoonSylver
29-Jul-2008, 01:13 AM
but when it comes to Westerns, I love my fill, and I own quite a few... Just waiting for the HD releases of the original Spaghetti Westerns, and when it comes to westerns, Clint is the ****ing man.

Ah, someone else who digs westerns besides me. Love 3:10. One I love equally or maybe even more is "Open Range" w/ Kevin Costner & Robert Duvall. I don't know why, but that movie REALLY resonates with me. Love the story. Performances are awesome. I just dig it. These 2 & "Unforgiven", best westerns in years.

clanglee
29-Jul-2008, 02:22 AM
I loved 3:10 to Yuma. . but has anyone seen the Proposition? Not an American western, but an Austrailian one. Good stuff. Depressing as hell, but pretty neat. If you havn't seen it. . check it out.