PDA

View Full Version : Since it is now out of my price range (Dawn78 Set Piece)

axlish
19-Sep-2007, 05:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330165008281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

tkane18
19-Sep-2007, 05:22 PM
I can think of better Dawn-related things to spend my money on.

Yojimbo
19-Sep-2007, 07:18 PM
Back in 04 they were selling the original light fixtures from the Monroeville Mall. Those had much more screentime than the Equibank sign, but still way too overpriced for my wife and I. Still, if I had won the lottery...

AcesandEights
19-Sep-2007, 07:26 PM
You've gotta be kiddin' me.

It'd be cool to have, but to spend money on? It's a frikkin' letter. However, I understand that money is a transitory thing and people place their own value on items, so...

It still seems a bridge too far, for me.

Yojimbo
20-Sep-2007, 02:06 AM
You've gotta be kiddin' me.

It'd be cool to have, but to spend money on? It's a frikkin' letter. However, I understand that money is a transitory thing and people place their own value on items, so...

It still seems a bridge too far, for me.

Yojimbo agrees with Aces.

I've seen better items for cheaper. Casings from bullets certified by Clayton Hill as having been used in the film being sold for 20 bucks, for example. Still a little steep, but not ridiculous.

Now, if I could get my hands on one of the hero weapon props from the film, that might be worth opening the wallet for!

Cody
20-Sep-2007, 05:26 AM
who the hell would believe thats actually a piece from the mall? no one! unless you have papers!!

axlish
20-Sep-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry guys, but this is much cooler than a light fixture or a bullet casing. Why? Because it is identifyable. Not at these prices though.

MikePizzoff
20-Sep-2007, 03:14 PM
I could see if the sign spent a significant time on screen. But, it doesn't so that 'q' is definately not worth the price.

Yojimbo
20-Sep-2007, 06:06 PM
Sorry guys, but this is much cooler than a light fixture or a bullet casing. Why? Because it is identifyable. Not at these prices though.

Good point in that it is more identifiable than a bullet casing or light fixture.

But my ultimate wish is still for a hero weapon, like Peter's derringer, or Stephen's Ruger Blackhawk .22

Too bad those aren't up on Ebay!

axlish
20-Sep-2007, 06:51 PM
Greg Nicotero owns Peter's AK-47, make him an offer ;)

I have no idea who owns Peter's scoped Marlin, but that'd be the piece to have there.

I'd like to own the VW Scirocco!

Just thought I'd add, I own a doorknob from the house from the original Night of the Living Dead. I paid $25 for it. I've got a pretty good idea which one it is, but I'm not positive.

C5NOTLD
20-Sep-2007, 10:06 PM
Greg Nicotero owns Peter's AK-47, make him an offer ;)

I have no idea who owns Peter's scoped Marlin, but that'd be the piece to have there.

That would be very nice to have :)

Here's one of the pieces I have from NOTLD- the sheriff's ammo belt worn by George Kosana.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/AMMOBELTnotld1.jpg

DruNewp
20-Sep-2007, 10:11 PM
Dude, that belt is awesome. I have a small collection, nothing that was acutally IN the film. If I had millions, I'd buy every single Dead-related item out there. That's my weakness.

I just got my FLYBOY NECA figure in the mail. It's sweet.

axlish
21-Sep-2007, 01:48 AM

Here's one of the pieces I have from NOTLD- the sheriff's ammo belt worn by George Kosana.

Dang, I was wondering who dropped the cash on that belt. I saw the auction, but even the startig bid was out of my range. Do you know what happened to the auction for the two guns from Night? It disappeared off of eBay well before the auction ended.

C5NOTLD
21-Sep-2007, 02:16 AM
Dang, I was wondering who dropped the cash on that belt. I saw the auction, but even the startig bid was out of my range. Do you know what happened to the auction for the two guns from Night? It disappeared off of eBay well before the auction ended.

Those auctions were taken off since you can't have guns on ebay. Even decomissioned guns which these were. All three items came directly from George Kosana.

They were auctioned at Profiles. I did telephone bidding. Ben's gun started at $2500. Me and another bidder started at $4000 and took the Ben gun to $7000. He won it by $250 :lol: I would have went a little higher for it but the auction fees for the buyer kill you (almost 20% on top of your bid - so a $7250 bid ends up costing you another $1450 in addition to your bid).:eek:

The Survinski gun sold for $1600. Unfortunately the Survinski gun was sold
2nd after the Ben gun and the ammo belt sold 3rd (last).

I would have bid on Survinski's gun but wanted to make sure I had the money for the ammo belt which I wanted more.

I'm making a display for the ammo belt (nice surprise was that it came with a signed letter from George Kosana) - sneak peak at the rough layout:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/AmmoBeltdisplay1-1.jpg

Yojimbo
21-Sep-2007, 02:21 AM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/AMMOBELTnotld1.jpg

Brother, that is among one of the most awesome things I have seen! Contact me if you ever want to sell that, but I imagine you'd want to hold onto that thing :) I would if I were you! I'd indicate in my will that I would want to be buried with it.

dogma789
21-Sep-2007, 04:49 AM
Post deleted.

San Jose Shark
21-Sep-2007, 05:06 AM
No way would I pay that kind of money for that, pretty lame in my opinion but whatever, maing.

C5NOTLD
21-Sep-2007, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Yojimbo;113264]Brother, that is among one of the most awesome things I have seen! Contact me if you ever want to sell that, but I imagine you'd want to hold onto that thing :) .

Thanks. I collect everything NOTLD I can find :)