PDA

View Full Version : -wait, now sony IS making a dualshock 3 to replace the sixaxis copntroller

Danny
20-Sep-2007, 02:49 AM
geez, slightly hpocritical from "we have no interest in rumble, its outdated" pr spewing sony eh? http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/sony-confirms-details-sixaxis-rumble-301715.php
So ps3 owners expect the dual shock 3 to come out in europe in some months, though if the rumours of sony abandoning the sixaxis are true then theres a few games that needed motion sensor to work that may have to downgrade there graphics and get on the wii.
and ive said it before adn ill say it again, im stilll playing my ps2 every day (damn ff12 is addictive) but a week doesnt go by without an article on a game site about another sony screw up, least this time its just eating there own "innovation -and totally not stole from nintendo" words this time and brining back the good old dual shock.

just fix those friggin' annoying L2/R2 buttons and then your getting somewere, if it aint broke dont fix it.

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2007, 10:50 AM
Ug I hate those shoulder buttons on the Sony controllers. I totally dig the triggers for SexBox. The additional shoulder buttons - but only the two of them - work on the 360, but having four of them and no triggers, ug, too wrong-feeling, and it never felt at the right angle either whenever I played a PS.

Anyway, Sony should really learn to just shut up and never-say-never, because if you do, you usually end up eating your words, chubby-chaser style.

Terran
20-Sep-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah Ive never been a fan of the Sony controllers....
For all the systems that they have had Ive always found them a bit uncomfortable especially in games that nearlly all the buttons are used.

The first Xbox controllers were too big....but when I finally bought that first Xbox they had shrunk the size of them....the smaller ones I loved....they fit so nice in my hands and I felt like I could access all the buttons with ease (exception being those little black and white buttons but those usually had less immediately important in game functions)....The small Xbox controllers were my new favorite controllers, old ones being Dreamcast (though I would like to see VMU's again)....
The new Xbox controllers in the same spirit are very nice....

ProfessorChaos
20-Sep-2007, 08:35 PM
like hellsing, i still rock the ps2. i've got an hdtv, though, and am planning on upgrading to a next-gen system.

the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, which now i hear may be coming to ps3. i just don't like the controllers, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.

i'm a big fan of the wii, though, from the times i've played it...plus they are about to make "zombies ate my neighbors" available to download for the wii, so that's a plus.

i've always been a fan of the playstation, and i really like their controllers. plus all my games from ps1 that i still play (symphony of the night, re 1&2, spider-man, abe's odyssey, etc) and all my ps2 faves (metal gear 3, battlefront 2, guitar hero, gta san andreas, tony hawk 4) would be compatible with the new system. however, the high price and lack of forthcoming games is a bit of a turn-off.

so, i'm on the fence, like i said. guess i'll just have to wait a few months and see what happens (price drops, new games)

Terran
20-Sep-2007, 10:46 PM
the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.

What about Mass Effect!!.....Its already getting great preliminary reviews

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/news.html?sid=6178928&mode=previews

Damn the game looks soooo sweet.....

I dont have an Xbox360 but I am going to buy one for this game....

Jeeze its sooo awsome looking....Its just sooo epic looking!!

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2007, 10:36 AM
And ... *ahem* ... Alan Wake, sure to be one of the most awesome games of ALL TIME, coming in a few months. :cool::)

LivingDeadBeat
30-Oct-2007, 05:07 PM
like hellsing, i still rock the ps2. i've got an hdtv, though, and am planning on upgrading to a next-gen system.

the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, which now i hear may be coming to ps3. i just don't like the controllers, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.

Dead Rising 2 is coming to PS3. I have one, so that'l be cool.

bassman
30-Oct-2007, 05:15 PM
And ... *ahem* ... Alan Wake, sure to be one of the most awesome games of ALL TIME, coming in a few months. :cool::)

Why is it that that UK will have it in March, but it's still TBA for the US?....

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 05:17 PM
because were awesome.

capncnut
30-Oct-2007, 07:56 PM
because were awesome.
Beat me to it. Ol' Gatesy said to the developers, "Give it to the Brits first 'cos they're pucker mate!" :lol:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2007, 11:48 AM
Aye, Billy Gates said "they're boshty-as-fook!" (to quote Tricky) :cool:

Ah mate I can't wait, Alan Wake and GTA4 within the same time arena...duuuuude.

slickwilly13
31-Oct-2007, 12:01 PM
They should have left rumble in to begin with. And yes, the L2 & R2 bottoms suck. They are even easier to accidental hit.

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 12:32 PM
yeah but according to sony "rumbles outdated and in the past" remember.:rolleyes:

slickwilly13
31-Oct-2007, 02:07 PM
yeah but according to sony "rumbles outdated and in the past" remember.:rolleyes:

Yet, Nintendo and Microsoft still use it. If it is not broke then don't fix it.

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2007, 02:20 PM
Viva La Rumble. I can dig it.

Also, I prefer triggers & buttons combo like on the Xbox, two sets of buttons is problematic, at least that's what I've found. Plus, triggers are better for racing games, like finger-sized pedals...or for shootahz - actual triggers, muahahaaaa.

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 02:24 PM
man i eahr that, i played a 360 game a while back and you pulled the triggers to jump or turn, it was horrifyingly bad.:dead:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2007, 03:16 PM
Triggers for jump or turn?!

Sticks for turning, A button for jumpy-jumpy! Blimey!

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 03:42 PM
Triggers for jump or turn?!

Sticks for turning, A button for jumpy-jumpy! Blimey!

i know!, it was ...wrong.:|

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 03:45 PM
The small Xbox controllers were my new favorite controllers, old ones being Dreamcast (though I would like to see VMU's again)...
Yeah, there were many similarities between the original Xbox and Dreamcast controllers, for they used same coloured buttons (except the letters were switched) and both were sort of clunky. The return of the VMU would be great and again, the old Xbox controllers had the memory card port built in which made them similar in many respects. The VMU was a revelation though, especially as some games required you to rely upon the LCD screen data during gampleay.

I would love to see a smaller and more compact Dreamcast controller made, if only for novelty's sake.

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 03:49 PM
id be willign to bet vmus will make a comeback, especially since the wii is going to run into memory space problems astime goes on and tech advances, imagine a wii fps, with a second version of the wii zapper with a vmu that kept track of ammo, rather than a HUD on screen.:cool:

darth los
31-Oct-2007, 04:06 PM
id be willign to bet vmus will make a comeback, especially since the wii is going to run into memory space problems astime goes on and tech advances, imagine a wii fps, with a second version of the wii zapper with a vmu that kept track of ammo, rather than a HUD on screen.:cool:

That's actually not a bad idea. HIGH FIVE!! :thumbsup:

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 04:10 PM
waht can i say im a well of ideas.

jokes aside if i got the chance i would like to write and direct a videogame though, possibly a horror fps, or a survival horror game thats like set on a live in college campus with a psycho kille ron the loose, one bad guy killing off the students one by one.:cool:

darth los
31-Oct-2007, 04:20 PM
waht can i say im a well of ideas.

jokes aside if i got the chance i would like to write and direct a videogame though, possibly a horror fps, or a survival horror game thats like set on a live in college campus with a psycho kille ron the loose, one bad guy killing off the students one by one.:cool:

Another example of art imitating life. It's sure to be controversial. GO FOR IT !!

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 05:04 PM
well i was thinking more like halloween, the game, but sounds liek you thinking alogn the lines of "super columbine 64", which is slightly in bad taste.

as was that joke but oh well, lulz anyway.:lol:

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
well i was thinking more like halloween, the game, but sounds liek you thinking alogn the lines of "super columbine 64", which is slightly in bad taste.
Halloween the game sounds awesome as long is it aint firearms orientated. That needs to be covered in a game.

As for "Super Columbine 64" (I have only played Schoolyard Slaughter on the PC)... erm, no. I don't think I will comment on that one after all. :D

darth los
31-Oct-2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe if manhunt were a game about michael myers it would have been more accepted since it's already accepted in the mainstream.

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2007, 11:01 PM
i know!, it was ...wrong.:|
It's like Trevor MacDonald still working after retiring at least twice already - it's just wrong.

Danny
01-Nov-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah but thsi is jsut the latest one out of the cloning vat, didnt you wonder why he doesnt seem to age?:shifty:

DeadJonas190
01-Nov-2007, 07:54 PM
Sony is a walking contradiction. When the Wii remote is announced they call it a gimmick, but then put motion sensors into their controlers. Sony then talks about how important backwards compatability is, but now they have pretty much removed it from the PS3. Now, after months of them saying rumble is outdated and unecessary, they are adding rumble.

Didn't they say the PS3 would sell 5 million units in the first couple months without any games... and its taken nearly a year to sell 5 million units without any good games.

If their feet were any further in their mouth they would be walking through their a$$holes.

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2007, 05:10 AM
i've lost all faith in sony. although i was really leaning towards a ps3, they morons at sony are so out-of-touch with their customers that i'm saying with almost absolute certainty that i'll never so much as even play a ps3, let alone drop 400 bucks on one that i can't play my ps2 games on, or 600 bucks on one that only has 2/3 of the available memory as an xbox 360 elite.

i'd rather pay 50 bucks per year for an exciting online service i can easily find all my friends on and enjoy some killer games with than have a free online service that has no one playing on.

and not having any exclusive games that are worth a damn doesn't help either. who really cares about metal gear solid 4? snake looks like he's about ready to draw retirement benefits from fox in all the previews for the game i've seen.

DeadJonas190
02-Nov-2007, 07:48 AM
i've lost all faith in sony. although i was really leaning towards a ps3, they morons at sony are so out-of-touch with their customers that i'm saying with almost absolute certainty that i'll never so much as even play a ps3, let alone drop 400 bucks on one that i can't play my ps2 games on, or 600 bucks on one that only has 2/3 of the available memory as an xbox elite.

i'd rather pay 50 bucks per year for an exciting online service i can easily find all my friends on and enjoy some killer games with than have a free online service that has no one playing on.

and not having any exclusive games that are worth a damn doesn't help either. who really cares about metal gear solid 4? snake looks like he's about ready to draw retirement benefits from fox in all the previews for the game i've seen.

And if you look at the game selection that Sony has right now, most of their good exclusive titles have been jumping ship to Xbox 360. MGS4 will most likely be a great game, Kojima and his crew have yet to let me down, but a single game doesn't sell a system. They need more games that are good. Like I have said in the past many times, it isn't about having the most beautiful games, it's about having the most fun games.

That is why PS3 is a miserable system, it has maybe 5 fun games and the rest are just pretty things to look at.

The PS3 is like stripper, pretty to look at, but in the end you don't really want to take it home because you know it's only fun for a little while then it loses its lustre.

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2007, 11:12 AM
Apparently MGS4 has been delayed. Saw it online t'other day.

Danny
02-Nov-2007, 02:41 PM
And if you look at the game selection that Sony has right now, most of their good exclusive titles have been jumping ship to Xbox 360. MGS4 will most likely be a great game, Kojima and his crew have yet to let me down, but a single game doesn't sell a system. They need more games that are good. Like I have said in the past many times, it isn't about having the most beautiful games, it's about having the most fun games.

That is why PS3 is a miserable system, it has maybe 5 fun games and the rest are just pretty things to look at.

The PS3 is like stripper, pretty to look at, but in the end you don't really want to take it home because you know it's only fun for a little while then it loses its lustre.

so far only eye of judgement and the new rahcet game look good, and there not console selling to me.
-funny thing about the 360 every other day in the ps3 section of the gametraielrs.com forums someone starts a thread like "capcom has turned traitor, ill never buy one of there games again, those boxboys arent resi fans like us and wont GET the games like us true fans do":rolleyes:

-swear to god thats copy adn pasted.