PDA

View Full Version : resi 5 not set in africa

Danny
21-Sep-2007, 02:38 AM
According to kotaku and evil unleashed to name a couple words gotten out that chris redfeilsd getting his ass down to haiti for resi 5, adn whilst the footage defintley had an african savana look to it, i can see it ,what with haiti being hoe to voodoo and *real* zombies.

slickwilly13
21-Sep-2007, 02:36 PM
I have read that it will take place in Haiti as well. Regardless of the setting, I cannot wait for this game. I just don't know which system to get it for. :confused:

MikePizzoff
21-Sep-2007, 04:09 PM
My first impression was that it was set in Haiti...

ProfessorChaos
21-Sep-2007, 04:13 PM
i'd like to go back to raccoon city again:|

4 was great, but i just miss my great days of rampagin' in good ol' r.c. it'd be a blast for re4's gameplay/graphics to be used in a game taking place in the mansion or during the outbreak in the city

i'll still end up getting this game, though.:skull:

capncnut
21-Sep-2007, 05:03 PM
i'd like to go back to raccoon city again
Yeah, I know it goes against the whole 'progression' thing but I would love to tear the arse out of Racoon City again. Hell, I'd even play another game set in that rat trap of a police station. I wonder if Marvin's still laying on the office floor...

ProfessorChaos
21-Sep-2007, 06:37 PM
sorry dude, he got up and attacked me so i blasted his cranium all over the walls with my shotty:evil:

Rottedfreak
21-Sep-2007, 07:32 PM
The Umbrella Chronicles is fast approaching and so far we are getting both RE0 and REmake sections in full 3D with Outbreak sections - all set in Raccoon City - thrown in and reusing RE3 Nemesis story. There's also a final chapter to the Umbrella saga set in Antarctica.
Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAMcU21lBUg

Tricky
22-Sep-2007, 10:43 AM
This is why i went off the resi series,the so called progression of the story has made the umbrella company even bigger than the government etc,which is of course absolute rubbish.whats next,a massive lab inside the core of venus or something?The mansion lab was a great story & wholly acceptable,especially when at that point it seemed like that was the only lab & they were in fact quite a small local company & it was a local based incident,the lab in raccoon city in resi 2 was acceptable but a bit overblown,resi 3 was good as it was more or less all on the streets of raccoon city at the same time resi 2 happened,then after that it just went stupid!

Danny
22-Sep-2007, 12:55 PM
i agree im sick of racoon after the 5 or 6 odd games set there im officially done with that storyline.:bored:

Rottedfreak
22-Sep-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually Umbrella was working for the US government and got away with alot of things, they kept immoral activities (child abduction, human experimentation ect) out of the reports they sent in. Background events around the games are that Wesker defected to the US government after the mansion incident and Birkin intended to do the same until the European branch of Umbrella sent Hunk and his retreival squad to grab the G virus, the US special force soldiers who set up the rail cannon in the dead factory were there to guard the helicopter your character (or Nicholai) took in RE3 but some T103s - also from Umbrellas European branch - were unleashed on them. The government attacked Rockfort island in Code Veronica.

mista_mo
22-Sep-2007, 07:30 PM
bah, they need to make umbrella chronicles not a rail shooter...it'll be fun but no where near as good as it could have been.

oh well.

Rottedfreak
23-Sep-2007, 07:56 AM
The original idea was to make them like RE4 but apparently Wii gamers like "simple games" (their words). After the success of RE4: Wii Edition they should have revised that.