PDA

View Full Version : They're making another "The Fly"?

ProfessorChaos
21-Sep-2007, 06:51 PM
so i was on the net earlier, looking into pickin' up the collector's edition of "the fly" on dvd, and out of nowhere, i start seein' stuff about another remake of the fly...so now, we got a remake of another remake? or maybe it will be more like the original, who knows?

i caught the 86 version on tv about a week ago, and for my money, i don't think anyone can top jeff goldblum's performance. that flick had killer fx for the time it was made, too...i guess they could always cast a hotter chick than geena davis, but who's gonna nail the part of the quirky, obsessive, and ill-fated goof-ball scientist?

knowin' how films studios are these days, they'll probably hire leonardo dicapprio...not that the dude can't act, but seems like these days casting is more of a popularity game. i mean, look at the cast for the new day of the dead....mena suvari? nick cannon? ving rhames(again!)? none of these actors even resemble any of the people from the first film. and i know it's another "re-imagining', but c'mon!:barf:

anyways, look around...both wiki and imdb are sayin' it's slated for 2008, so if that's true, we'll be hearin more about this soon.:bored:

bassman
21-Sep-2007, 06:59 PM
I heard about it a while back but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

And as for the Collectors Edition DVD of Cronenberg's remake.....it's worth every penny. Awesome special features.

Terran
21-Sep-2007, 07:45 PM
Cronenberg is awsome....speaking of Cronenberg I think Im going to go see Eastern Promises this weekend....looks pretty tight!

Cronenberg always seems to cast his movies very well

Cronenberg says the most crucial part of any movie is getting the right people.

"You have to have a good sense of casting," he told CNN. "If you miscast the movie you are finished. No matter how much you think you're a Svengali who can take a bad actor and make him great, you really can't. It's much better to start with a great actor, cast well. Then you start at a much higher level."

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2007, 10:17 PM
Ug, "The Fly" remade again? Cronenberg's was it, end of. Just like Carpenter's "The Thing" (although I just recently watched The Thing From Another World for the first time t'other day, and I rather enjoyed it...nowhere near as good as Carpenter's though, even though Carpenter's was a new version of the source material, rather than the original movie)...anyway...

It's like this Total Recall remake - it's only from friggin 1990!! I'm six years older than that friggin' movie and I'm only a young'un! :rolleyes:

It's daft, a remake is a losing game from the off, because the originals have years and years, often decades of following before the "remake" is even kicked off.

acealive1
25-Sep-2007, 02:33 AM
so i was on the net earlier, looking into pickin' up the collector's edition of "the fly" on dvd, and out of nowhere, i start seein' stuff about another remake of the fly...so now, we got a remake of another remake? or maybe it will be more like the original, who knows?

i caught the 86 version on tv about a week ago, and for my money, i don't think anyone can top jeff goldblum's performance. that flick had killer fx for the time it was made, too...i guess they could always cast a hotter chick than geena davis, but who's gonna nail the part of the quirky, obsessive, and ill-fated goof-ball scientist?

knowin' how films studios are these days, they'll probably hire leonardo dicapprio...not that the dude can't act, but seems like these days casting is more of a popularity game. i mean, look at the cast for the new day of the dead....mena suvari? nick cannon? ving rhames(again!)? none of these actors even resemble any of the people from the first film. and i know it's another "re-imagining', but c'mon!:barf:

anyways, look around...both wiki and imdb are sayin' it's slated for 2008, so if that's true, we'll be hearin more about this soon.:bored:

yea leonardo gets cast just for popularity like u said. cuz how else do u explain him gettin cast as howard hughes and frank abagnale? he was like SEVEN inches shorter than howard hughes and looked nothing like him. they chose him over jim carrey who is seriously a dead ringer for hughes

Terran
25-Sep-2007, 05:05 AM
But Jim Carrey is a horrible actor

AcesandEights
25-Sep-2007, 05:18 AM
This is getting way past ridiculous.

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2007, 10:34 AM
Jim Carey ain't bad, but the dude needs to at least pimp out a couple more crazy-arm-flailing comedies like he used to, rather than being all serious and emo all the damn time.

DiCaprio really can act though, he's done some teen-beat, heart-throb wank before, but come on - he was in Critters 3! :lol:

Seriously though, he was great in The Aviator, and The Departed, and the one where Tom Hanks is chasing him all the time (forgotten yet another name this morning...sheesh).

Still, there's no need for a remake of The Fly, it'll suck garbage by comparison, remakes can never or incredibly rarely gain the quality and respect of the original...and modern remakes are even worse.

Danny
25-Sep-2007, 11:27 AM
But Jim Carrey is a horrible actor

dude, what about the truman show?

Terran
25-Sep-2007, 12:08 PM
I dont see anything that spectacular about his performance....
I havent bought any of his roles .....being in a movie where you pout the whole time doesnt make you a good actor....

Danny
25-Sep-2007, 12:15 PM
Seems to work for angelina joli'e, but she was still in tomb raider and hackers to name but two of her turds.:barf:

capncnut
25-Sep-2007, 12:21 PM
I dont see anything that spectacular about his performance....
I havent bought any of his roles .....being in a movie where you pout the whole time doesnt make you a good actor....
I didn't mind him in The Cable Guy but only because he acts a total dumbass in it. I wouldn't say Carrey is particularly gifted acting-wise, although if he was to be judged on merit for one role, it's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Carrey is definitely your Marmite man.

Edit: Oh, and here's the link (http://www.marmite.co.uk/love) 'cos someone's bound to ask. :rolleyes:

bassman
25-Sep-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't mind him in The Cable Guy but only because he acts a total dumbass in it. I wouldn't say Carrey is particularly gifted acting-wise, although if he was to be judged on merit for one role, it's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Carrey is definitely your Marmite man.

Edit: Oh, and here's the link (http://www.marmite.co.uk/love) 'cos someone's bound to ask. :rolleyes:

Yeah....imo, Carrey's best role is definitely "Eternal Sunshine...".

Speaking of which....has anyone seen the trailer for the new film from the director of "Eternal Sunshine.."? Looks like it's going to be pretty funny(and the trailer promotes my favorite film of all time:cool:). Check it out...

2TtaoEGqNDE

capncnut
25-Sep-2007, 02:12 PM
Speaking of which....has anyone seen the trailer for the new film from the director of "Eternal Sunshine.."? Looks like it's going to be pretty funny(and the trailer promotes my favorite film of all time:cool:).
Been looking forward to this for awhile, as I really like Michael Gondry's work and I've followed his career since he did the video for Daft Punk's 'Around the World' back in 1997. Yup, this one's gonna be a great flick!

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2007, 05:30 PM
Seems to work for angelina joli'e, but she was still in tomb raider and hackers to name but two of her turds.:barf:
You've been naming Angelina Jolie's turds?! What have you got, a camera in her bog at home or something, over your internets? You dirty beggar. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.