PDA

View Full Version : First Halo 3 review

CoinReturn
22-Sep-2007, 04:26 PM
Everything has come together in Halo 3 to form a comprehensive product that has been developed without fear of failure; a game that corrects the vast majority of the mistakes of the past; a game which combines user creativity and interaction across the game itself and Bungie’s own website to an extent never before seen in a console release. It’s not a Return of the Jedi, then, but a triumphant Return of the King.

Halo 3 is just a game, yes. But what a game. It’s probably the easiest Gold Award we’ll ever give, as well as being the first. Bungie will be sleeping in beds made of dollar bills after this, and their comfy currency duvet is well deserved.

Hail to the Chief.

http://www.pressstartonline.co.uk/view/287

2 more days. I'll be lined up at midnight on Monday, and I won't stop playing till the sun rises. See you guys on Live!

kidgloves
22-Sep-2007, 04:33 PM
I know a few people who have got this already and finished it. Argos and Woolworths broke the street date by accident on thursday and it was avaliable to pick up instore on the day for a few hours.
Personally, i have no interest whatsoever in the game. COD4. Now theres a game im gagging for after playing the beta for the last few months.

CoinReturn
22-Sep-2007, 04:41 PM
You know, I was originally going to pick up CoD4 the day it came out. After playing the beta for a few weeks I was actually turned off by it. It just didn't have that "I gotta play one more round" feeling that Halo does. I still think it will be great, though I don't see myself buying it till it till next year some time.

kidgloves
22-Sep-2007, 05:04 PM
I sort of know what you mean but im a BIG fan of shooters especially COD2 and have been playing online with the same group (not clan) for a few years now. After the disappointment of COD3, COD4 has put it back on the rails gameplaywise. The single player campaign looks truly oustanding as well.
Also an honourable mention to the Orange Box which is out soon. Team Fortress 2 looks hilarious.
Cant wait.
A good few months for the 360 coming up.

By the way. My mates LOVED Halo 3.

Danny
22-Sep-2007, 11:23 PM
really?, youd que for a first person shooter?, damn man.

CoinReturn
23-Sep-2007, 02:25 AM
I probably wouldn't be waiting in line if it were anything other than Halo. I guess the hype train caught up to me, and I really can't wait to snag my copy. They are expecting around 200 people at my local Gamestop on Monday night, and told me to arrive at 9:00.

Edit: Check out this homage to Ninja Gaiden. Can't wait to see what other kinds of armor there is to unlock:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/sadatkarim/3251-Full.jpg

capncnut
23-Sep-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I can't wait to play this myself. It's recieving 10/10's almost everywhere that's reviewing it. Even Famitsu gave it 9/10 and said it's the best FPS shooter available in Japan. Ol' Bungie are gonna be RAKING it in with this bohemoth.

Oh, and I've heard the events of the second level are so jaw-droppingly awesome, that it crushes the first two games singlehandedly. Spooge!

Craig
23-Sep-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm buying it solely for the great multiplayer experience I've had with the other two. Whereas CoD has never given me a multiplayer experience I'd want to remember *shudder*.

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2007, 01:08 PM
If I had mates who came around to play on my SexBox (no that isn't a euphemism for my ding-dang-do :lol:), then I'd get Halo 3, because I remember at Uni we played Halo 2 multiplayer LOADS and it was gigantic fun.

But I didn't bother with the single player (I did with Halo 1 on the PC, but not Halo 2, never could be arsed to be honest), but then again I'm not popping a boner over Halo 3 - it's the multiplayer that I really enjoy, but without any frequenters of my SexBox coming around really, there's no point.

Now, if I was still at uni, then there'd be a point in me getting it.

But yes - COD4, bring that on. I'd gladly teabag it's balls for a week. :lol:

Danny
23-Sep-2007, 10:23 PM
DO NOT GO ON THE HALO 3 WIKIPEDIA!

intigued by the above picture i whent on there and some asshole has edited the text so that at intermitten points on the gameplay and multiplayer articles it actually states which characters live or die and the final boss adn ending.
its allready ruined it for me, just thought id spare you guys the dissapointment of having it spoiled for you.

CoinReturn
23-Sep-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I've been dodging spoilers all week.

More reviews:
-- ----------------------

●IGN.com: 9.5/10 (not an average)
---Presentation: 10: An amazing replay editor, four-player online co-op, map editor, and community support make this the most robust feature set ever in a videogame.
---Graphics 9.0. : Despite a few moments of slowdown, this is a gorgeous game, especially considering the demands of the replay function. And it's to die for in 1080p.
---Sound: 10: This is the reason God created Surround Sound. Halo's theme is a futuristic anthem that inspires the troops. The chatter during combat is fantastic.
---Gameplay: 9.0: There are a few questionable design choices in the campaign, but this series remains the most fun first-person shooter on the planet. Multiplayer and the Forge are fantastic.
---Lasting Appeal: 10: The campaign won't take you long to complete, but this is a game that can be played for years. There are so many things to do, and it's so much fun to do them.
--Reviewer: Hilary Goldstein

●Gametrailers.com: 9.8
--Campaign whilst linear has very little backtracking or repetition; Every locale is unique and memorable; 10 - 15 hour average playtime depending on difficulty; The deployable items aren't ground breaking; Best enemy AI in the business; Visuals are not the best on the system, poor character models; Audio trumps the visuals. (thanks to Opus Angelorum for the quotes)
--"Look behind the sofa, in your car and in your pockets. Do whatever you can to get hold of Halo 3. The chief is back and he's no thief."

●1UP.com: 10/10
--It's hard to imagine a feature of this game that someone won't love (we didn't even get to talk about the robust file sharing, where you can swap gameplay screenshots, edited game films, game setups, and maps). Or you can just look at it as a sum of so many quality parts, that value-wise, Halo 3 is as sure a thing as it gets. Sure, not one aspect of the game is life-changing on its own, but perhaps the package as a whole is. After all, Halo 3 has enough content to keep you stuck to your controller for weeks, if not months or even years.
--Reviewer: Dan Hsu

●GameSpot.com: 9.5
--Halo 3 builds upon the concepts of Halo 2 in ways that you'd expect, but there are also new modes and options that send the series in exciting new directions.
--The Good: Satisfying storyline that simultaneously provides closure while making you wonder what will happen next ; Four-player online co-op is a lot of fun; Forge mode map editor lets you do some extremely crazy and unexpected things; Web integration makes sharing new maps and custom modes easy.
--The Bad: Rewinding saved films doesn't work quite like you'd expect it to; AI-controlled Marines can't drive to save their lives (or yours); Inevitable flood of prepubescent online players sure to hamper your enjoyment of the online modes.
--Merits: Get More Than Your Money's Worth, Great Sequel, Great Sound Effects, Great Story, Outstanding Gameplay, Plays Well With Others, Strong Competetive Multiplayer, Terrific Voice Acting.
--Reviewer: Jeff Gerstmann

●Eurogamer: 10/10
--And yet, hype machine aside, cutting through the crap about console wars and the like, what we find in Halo 3 is quite simply this - the best game yet in one of the best FPS franchises of the era. Better than either of its predecessors, Halo 3 still can't quite escape the category of flawed masterpiece - but this time around, the flaws are so minor that even the most churlish of reviewers would be hard pressed to mark the game down.
--Reviewer: Rob Fahey

●Gamespy.com: 5/5
---Pros: The Forge; four-player co-op over Xbox Live; brilliant storyline finishes the fight.
---Cons: Single-player campaign is somewhat short; wishing you'd pre-ordered a Legendary Edition.
--Reviewer: Gabe Graziani

Danny
23-Sep-2007, 11:25 PM
oh that game trailers review was bollox "multiple difficultys" "streams the game from the disc" it was all crap, im 100% sure that the reviewer has not played halo this was given away by stuff like "needlers suck" and the biggest giveaway "cotrtanas missing somewere".

THAT DUDE DID NOT PLAY THE GAMES:|

just thought id post this 15 sec vid of a halo 3 unsc trooper getting infected by the flood, now that is bitchin'

N-bCMhBINiA

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 01:30 PM
This review slams it!

http://www.quartertothree.com/inhouse/news/365/

CoinReturn
24-Sep-2007, 01:50 PM
The last live action short can be found here, its the closest thing we'll get to a Halo movie for a while, looks great:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/last-one-standing/halo-sweeps/halo-sweeps.html

And that negative review was terrible. Its worded like some grumpy PC gamer with a vendetta against Xbox Live. And He played through it on normal? Weaksauce.

capncnut
24-Sep-2007, 04:21 PM
The last live action short can be found here, its the closest thing we'll get to a Halo movie for a while, looks great:
Phew, that was great!

And that negative review was terrible. Its worded like some grumpy PC gamer with a vendetta against Xbox Live. And He played through it on normal? Weaksauce.
Yeah, I was gonna say. That was a phenomenally unprofessional review.

AcesandEights
25-Sep-2007, 04:57 AM
Don't care about reviews. at this point. It should be a fun multiplayer experience (like ots predecessors) and that's all I want out of it.

I should be playing this with friends this Friday evening.

slickwilly13
27-Sep-2007, 05:23 AM
I played the multiplayer on Halo 3 today at the frat house. And watched co-op on the campaign mode. Not too bad. Looks better than the 1st 2 games.

capncnut
27-Sep-2007, 01:47 PM
I finished the game yesterday so now I'm starting the trilogy from scratch. I know, how sad is that? :rolleyes:

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 02:22 PM
^ tell that to my brother hes done it twice and nothing else for the last 2 days:rolleyes:

berk.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 03:16 PM
I really want to get Halo 3....but i still haven't convinced myself to pay the ridiculous price when I know that it will be in the $20 bin in about a month...

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 03:21 PM
exactly why i havent bought a game for the current generatio of consoles new, the prices are bollox, 50 quid for games that may be as short as 4 hours long? -pfft!, not bloody likely.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 03:29 PM
exactly why i havent bought a game for the current generatio of consoles new, the prices are bollox, 50 quid for games that may be as short as 4 hours long? -pfft!, not bloody likely.

Yeah. And this game should go to the "platinum series" pretty fast considering that during the first day of release in the states i heard they sold about 1.5 million copies....

I hope I can eventually get the special edition with the poster and the Master Chief helmet holding case. That would be great to have sitting on top of the tv....

slickwilly13
27-Sep-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, games are as expensive now as they were during the 16-bit era. Actually the 16-bit games were a bit higher. $50-$70. I was so relieved during the PS1 days when games were under $50.

MinionZombie
27-Sep-2007, 05:53 PM
I remember Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive cost £45 ... feckin' hell ... back in the early-to-mid-1990s.

Get your ass on Play.com, all new SexBox games are £39.99 - snorted.

It's hard to compare really, back in the day it took less to give us the same boost we get from games today, are we getting more today, or are we getting the same, or perhaps less?

I say the same in the end, because it takes more to provide the same boost...at least for people who have been gaming for a good while, gaming n00bs will be spunking in their cotton frillies with the likes of GoW and R6V and so on...

CoinReturn
27-Sep-2007, 06:43 PM
Whats with this whining about high game prices? Why even bother buying a $400 console if you're not going to pony up $60 for its biggest game? Halo 3 is easily the most content-packed piece of software I've played. You get 4 player campaign. A million multiplayer options. The Forge utility so that you can make your own multiplayer games. Saved films for both single and multiplayer. Rankings. Downloadable content.

You know its worth it.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know. But that's what the internet is for....a place to whine and bitch.:p

I was just making the point that I can wait a month or so and then get it for less than half it's original price.

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 07:36 PM
Whats with this whining about high game prices? Why even bother buying a $400 console if you're not going to pony up $60 for its biggest game? Halo 3 is easily the most content-packed piece of software I've played. You get 4 player campaign. A million multiplayer options. The Forge utility so that you can make your own multiplayer games. Saved films for both single and multiplayer. Rankings. Downloadable content.

You know its worth it.

okay. you named halo 3, and?

The point is even after "ponying up" the amount for the console, the idea of paying 50 quid, thats 100 dollars for a game i can complete ,in kameos case, in 3hours and 15 minutes, or in house 3's case 15 minutes to finish the game, 50 quid is just obscene for such a short amount of entertainement, you could buy dvds 4 for a tenner adn get about 40 hours of entertainement for the same price, so yeah 50 quid is bollox in general, whilst there may be the odd game like oblivion wich IS worth the price you have the likes of tomb raider legend or perfect dark zero which are a one sitting form beginning to end deal which i just will not pay the brand new price for.
The last games i bought new were dead rising, elite beat agents, and guitar hero 2 and all of which lasted ages, but there the only full price games ive bought since the xbox launch.

CoinReturn
27-Sep-2007, 07:44 PM
I just don't understand why you'd invest in an expensive piece of hardware and not treat yourself to a new game here and there. I suppose if you don't have enough income to support your hobby, but otherwise, I just don't get it.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 07:50 PM
What you don't get about my reasoning is why do I need to have the game immediately when it's released? I can wait a month and get it cheaper. It's not because of low income.....it's just saving money.

If you're in a store and you see two different sodas that you like evenly, but one is half the price of the other, which one are you going to get?

CoinReturn
27-Sep-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm not saying to buy every you want upon its release date, but with special cases like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero III, or what have you, exceptions can be made based on how much you're anticipating the title. I'm sure another factor is also how high videogames rank on peoples "want" lists, and that other material things take precedence. I'm a gamer through and through, so I'm probably on another wavelength, and my priorities would seem out of wack to the average consumer.

Craig
27-Sep-2007, 10:15 PM
I got it yesterday but apparently my router isn't compatible with XBox Live and my NAT, instead of being open, is on moderate, meaning I can't play on Live unless we buy a new internet router.... :|

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2007, 10:49 AM
Ooh, Coin's stuck in a HPOTD opinion battle, hehe...I've been there my friend, but I ain't coming to back you up. :lol:

Why not treat yourself to brand new expensive games? Because you've just splashed all your dosh to get the console itself! :)

Besides, why pay store price when you can get it online for £40 (which is still around $80, thank you very much) ... in stores indeed, it's £50 or $100...so nyah...:D

Also, if you're not desperate to get a game brand new, there's no need to ditch the cash right away, play some older games first and then play catch up - heck, it's what I've been doing. Or buy them from GameStation 2-for-40-quid, like I did with Crackdown and Gears of War (second hand admittedly) rather than paying double for both brand new.

The last games I bought brand new though were Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (which I played over 7 days) and Rainbow Six Vegas (which I'm still to complete, but got pissed off at a bit on the dam where you have to wait for some door to open or something)...but those were something like £15 and £18 respectively...cos while they were brand new copies, they weren't hot off the press.

I do have GTAIV and Alan Wake on pre-order though, so those I'll get brand-spanking-still-gooey-and-smelly-and-screaming-for-a-juicy-booby-new ... also, it's sometimes good to wait a moment and see if the game causes any other gamers to have console problems or anything.

I treat my 360 like a King, and waiting on new games is part of the process...

As for Halo 3 - what's the difficulty like? How long is it? And so on...

But I'm not buying a new game yet, might get PGR4 when it comes out, but I've just ditched over twenty quid on books (World War Z - which arrived today ... and Grindhouse).

capncnut
28-Sep-2007, 02:43 PM
Why even bother buying a $400 console if you're not going to pony up $60 for its biggest game? Halo 3 is easily the most content-packed piece of software I've played. You get 4 player campaign. A million multiplayer options. The Forge utility so that you can make your own multiplayer games. Saved films for both single and multiplayer. Rankings. Downloadable content.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Like when Halo 3 came out, the money FLEW out of my wallet without thinking because £40 ain't such a bad price for a disc that offers so much fun (not only that but you get another disc and that 'beastie' book. Like I'll buy the most important games to ME but for the titles that I'm just 'curious' about, I'll wait until they come down in price or do a trade in. So really, I'm only buying one game every month/two months. But yeah, I do agree - folks who pay out for a console really have no rights to complain about the price of games. It's not as if it's really all that crippling...

...and yeah, The Forge is s**t HOT mate.

bassman
28-Sep-2007, 03:09 PM
I get what you guys are saying, but I guess I'm just not THAT excited to play Halo 3 immediately. I was actually rather let down by Halo 2. It wasn't all that much of an improvement on Halo, imo.

Although....the way you guys keep talking about it is making it very tempting.

dmbfanintn
28-Sep-2007, 04:07 PM
I get what you guys are saying, but I guess I'm just not THAT excited to play Halo 3 immediately. I was actually rather let down by Halo 2. It wasn't all that much of an improvement on Halo, imo.

Although....the way you guys keep talking about it is making it very tempting.

Bass,

If you were a fan of Halo 1, you need to get 3! We got it on release night and I stayed up until my eyeballs were about to fall out, playing it.

Then was up the next afternoon playing it again (I took a vacation day from work, just so i could play Halo 3 all day tuesday)

It beat the campaign in two sittings, about 5.5 hours total on "Hard" difficulty.

I agree that H2 was a huge letdown, but it made up for its lackluster campaign by giving us an awesome multiplayer that could be played over xbox live.

H3 has upped the bar by not only giving us a single player that harkens back to the H1 campaign, but a re-vamped multiplayer that is leaps and bounds more fun that its H2 counter-part!

I have been playng the COD4 demo a lot before Halo3 cam out, and am seeing alot of comments around the net comapring the two, for me (of course this is based onthe COD4 demo) Halo 3 wins it hands down.

COD4 is beautiful in appearance, no doubt! But it just doenst give me that, "I gotta play one more match" feeling that I get when playing H3 multiplayer.

If anyone wants to play some H3 online, look me up: gamertag, dmbfanintn

SoCalLoco
28-Sep-2007, 05:31 PM
It beat the campaign in two sittings, about 5.5 hours total on "Hard" difficulty.

By "hard", I take it you mean heroic or legendary?

If you beat heroic or legendary in five and a half hours (w/o 4 player co-op) all by yourself, then i'll bow down and kiss your feet.

I tried playing legendary solo and got to the downed pelican part on sierra 117. I died 52 times, so i finally said **** it.

Now, i'm playing heroic and i'm stuck on floodgate. I'm about ready to pull my goddamn hair out. H3 is definitely the hardest game i've played.

Online is a blast. It's more tactical than H2 was. But I wish ranked matches were SLAYER, TEAM SLAYER and CTF. Shotty snipers and oddball should be social games only.

kidgloves
28-Sep-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, i caved in and bought Halo 3. Superb single player. Finished it in 2 days. Very impressed with the game and some really nice touches

but...........

i hate the multiplayer. Im going to give it more of a chance but my idea of fun isn't watching other players bunny hopping around then racing to get the most powerful weapon.

Who pays £50 for a game? What rubbish. Even instore they are £40. I've paid £33 for Bioshock, £30 for DiRT, £30 for Overlord and £34 for Halo 3. All through the internet and delivered the day before release.

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2007, 05:45 PM
Well, i caved in and bought Halo 3. Superb single player. Finished it in 2 days. Very impressed with the game and some really nice touches

but...........

i hate the multiplayer. Im going to give it more of a chance but my idea of fun isn't watching other players bunny hopping around then racing to get the most powerful weapon.

Who pays £50 for a game? What rubbish. Even instore they are £40. I've paid £33 for Bioshock, £30 for DiRT, £30 for Overlord and £34 for Halo 3. All through the internet and delivered the day before release.
Where are you getting your games that cheap and early from?

dmbfanintn
28-Sep-2007, 06:43 PM
By "hard", I take it you mean heroic or legendary?

If you beat heroic or legendary in five and a half hours (w/o 4 player co-op) all by yourself, then i'll bow down and kiss your feet.

I tried playing legendary solo and got to the downed pelican part on sierra 117. I died 52 times, so i finally said **** it.

Now, i'm playing heroic and i'm stuck on floodgate. I'm about ready to pull my goddamn hair out. H3 is definitely the hardest game i've played.

Online is a blast. It's more tactical than H2 was. But I wish ranked matches were SLAYER, TEAM SLAYER and CTF. Shotty snipers and oddball should be social games only.

Kiss away dude! I meant on Heroic. I tried Legendary and it is defintiely tough! I will beat it eventually on Legendary. Bad thing is, I am 34, my 14 year old son beat Heroic in less time than I did, maybe we should kiss his feet instead! He is playing a legendary campaign now, I will see how long it takes him to beat that.

The only way to beat it on the higher difficulties is to use tactics. The run, spray and pray method will not work. you have to stay hidden and out of sight and take most of the enemies out stealthy like.

I agree, I HATE Shotty snipers.

kidgloves
28-Sep-2007, 07:25 PM
Where are you getting your games that cheap and early from?

http://www.shopto.net/

I got Halo 3 from Blockbusters

Danny
28-Sep-2007, 08:23 PM
4 hours.
It tok 4 hours for me to beat halo 3, considering my brother paid 170 or wahtever for it its fair to say im not impressed, especially the cop out ending, im gonna retry it on legendary instead of heroic later but i hope these some extended stuff cus for that price its definatley not worth it for the single player alone, so if you dont have live and love the halo multiplayer id say hold off till its cheaper, i definatley prefer halo 2, i mean 9 levels for gos sake, talk about a band and a whimper...

mista_mo
28-Sep-2007, 11:57 PM
Halo 3 is possibly the best game i have ever played. My friend got it opening day, and we spent 6 hours in his basement playing it, and finished the campaign the same day. We tried heroic and got our ass handed to us on the pelican part in the first mission lol, it was the damn jackel snipers that did us in, they were the only reason we died, oh, and being stuck by grunts ffs.

The single player was hands down far better then halo 2, by leaps and bounds.

now, i wasn't that excited for halo 3, i mean, i thought it was goign to be the most overblown piece of crap that wouldn't be able to live up to it's own hype, but i was soooooo wrong. The single player was in depth, and engrossing, u felt like you were there, and honest to god, i held in my piss for about 2 hours to get that much extra gameplay out of it. The multplayer is a blast as well, all the new weapons, and vehicles add to the fun level, and don't forget the new items and levels. I have yet to play the forge thingy tho, but look foreword to it.

it is definitly worth the $67.

CoinReturn
29-Sep-2007, 01:43 AM
mista_mo nailed it. The amount of flat out fun is unmatched, in any game I've ever played. The campaign is short because its meant to be played over and over again. With the campaign scoring system and the hidden skulls, I can see myself playing through it at least 3 or 4 times. The enemy encounters are amazing on legendary, and I've only gotten to the 5th level. The majority of my time spent with Halo 3 has been with the multiplayer. Its hard to put in to words on how I feel about it. They nailed everything. The controls, the map design, the weapon balance, the melee, and the new items. Everything is so finely tuned, and every match is guaranteed fun.

As for the mode of Shotty-Snipers, I used to hate it, but I've grown to like it quite a bit.

Edit: Is anyone else amazed by the amount of voice work there is?? Every time I play the marines have something new to say. And the chatter between the grunts is hilarious, "You killed my best friend!", lol

Danny
29-Sep-2007, 02:14 AM
whilst i agree the voice work was fantastic i gotta say the marines were still tard's of a royale class, i got in the gunner seat of a warthog with a marine driving, halfway through that big fight against all those brute choppers and wraiths in africa he stopped, reversed up a rock and stopped moving all together.

que a good two minutes of me swearing at the screen:lol:

CoinReturn
29-Sep-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah dude, never let the AI marine drive. The friendly AI kinda all around sucks, to be honest. Thats my only gripe with the game, though the enemy AI is spectacular.

capncnut
29-Sep-2007, 01:35 PM
Halo 3 is definitely the best of the three. That said, I finished H1 last night (doing the trilogy, y'see) and enjoyed every minute of it. Truth & Reconcilliation has to be one of the best levels in an FPS game, full stop.

CoinReturn
29-Sep-2007, 08:08 PM
Took this picture while viewing a saved film. You don't f*ck around with a Spartan Laser :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/bigdaddyferret/1483705-Full.jpg

Craig
29-Sep-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh man I wanna play this online so much! Why oh why is my router not compatible with ONLY Halo 3!?

Danny
30-Sep-2007, 12:12 AM
anyone found any easter eggs yet, so far ive found a giant ticket or...soemthing and ran into church and caboose from red vs blue argueng about forgeting a password in the base.

bassman
01-Oct-2007, 12:05 PM
F*CK. You guys weren't kidding. I've been playing this game basically all weekend. Friggin awesome....

CoinReturn
01-Oct-2007, 06:03 PM
Glad you're enjoying it bassman. I've still yet to beat the campaign, I just got to level 7 on legendary. Multiplayer keeps drawing me back. I had a great game of Infection on High Ground last night; running away from zombies with swords is as fun as it is chaotic :D

kidgloves
02-Oct-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh man I wanna play this online so much! Why oh why is my router not compatible with ONLY Halo 3!?

Is your nat open?
Test your connection through the system/settings blade.
If you have the option, put the 360 IP in the DMZ (uPnP setting) on your router.

Glad you're enjoying it bassman. I've still yet to beat the campaign, I just got to level 7 on legendary. Multiplayer keeps drawing me back. I had a great game of Infection on High Ground last night; running away from zombies with swords is as fun as it is chaotic :D

Now that the COD4 beta has ended, i've given this more of a chance online and i must admit it, it is GREAT fun. Just had to change my online shooter style and it clicked. Enjoying it greatly.

I've gone through the Legendary campaign on 4 player co-op and it has been probably THE greatest gaming session i've ever had.
Sublime game. Believe the hype.

Craig
02-Oct-2007, 09:03 PM
Is your nat open?
Test your connection through the system/settings blade.
If you have the option, put the 360 IP in the DMZ (uPnP setting) on your router.
I tested my connection and no my NAT is moderate, I don't really understand the rest of what you said though... :confused:

My router isn't on the official list of ones that are XBox Live compatible, whether that should really make a difference...

kidgloves
02-Oct-2007, 11:16 PM
I tested my connection and no my NAT is moderate, I don't really understand the rest of what you said though... :confused:

My router isn't on the official list of ones that are XBox Live compatible, whether that should really make a difference...

Do a search.
Google your routers model no with xbox live and open NAT. You should find step by step instructions.
If you can play other games on live, there is no reason why you cannot play Halo 3. I had similar problems with Halo 3 until i managed to open my routers NAT for xbox live.
Failing all of the above, just plug the connection straight into the 360

DeadJonas190
03-Oct-2007, 05:52 AM

You may have to open some ports up on your router to play it. Contact Microsoft and they may be able to help.

mista_mo
03-Oct-2007, 11:31 AM
oh and one more thing-

the marketing this game has gotten is nothing short of fantastic. The way they make it out to be real, and to have happened, with the live action shorts, and especially the figurine/model one make me want to play the **** outta the game.

i can't tell you how many times i've watched the believe in a hero commercials for this.

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2007, 11:43 AM
Got to play this last weekend...flippin' beautiful and great fun with friends!

CoinReturn
03-Oct-2007, 04:52 PM
Craig, let us know if any of the suggestions worked. You've gotta experience this baby on Live.