PDA

View Full Version : Totally Pissed... Hit Deer with my car

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2007, 05:37 AM
Tonight on my way back from Hagerstown, MD an 18 wheeler hit a deer and the remaining body flew into my driving path, at that point I couldn't swerve or stop and I hit the carcus (sp?) which managed to **** up the entire under body of my car including puncturing the transmission and the oil pan, break an exhaust clamp and knock my car out of alignment.

Luckily Ford Roadside Assistance showed up with 30 minutes of calling them, and they towed the car home, and allowed me to ride along in the cab of the truck, but from what i could see when it was being put on the flatbed the entire under body is completely ****ed right now.

This sucks because the car is needed for shots in the upcoming movie.

ProfessorChaos
23-Sep-2007, 06:26 AM
damn, that's a bummer man. sorry to hear that. i guess that's what insurance is for, though.:|

at least you had the sense not to swerve and possibly do more damage to your car or injure yourself.

the campus where i attend school sits on a nature preserve and about once a week, i'll be drivin' late at night heading home from the fitness center or library and there'll be some dumb-ass deer on the side of the road totally oblivious to traffic. lucky i haven't hit one myself....

it's also a good thing that you weren't the one who hit it. i've heard some urban legend-type stories about people plowin' over a deer and the stupid thing flies through the windshield and in its last ignorant act, kicks the driver to death as it thrashes about the cab and bleeds to death.

in my book, deer are only good for three things:
1) hunting
2) eating
3) mounting on the wall

sorry again about the bad luck, dj. glad to hear you came out alright.:)

Tricky
23-Sep-2007, 10:09 AM
I read that wrong then!when you said totally pissed i thought you meant drunk :lol:
sorry to hear it though,my auntie hit one a few years ago & the car was a total write off!

flyboy
23-Sep-2007, 01:55 PM
i remember being pissed one night and i was doing 100mph down a country lane all of a sudden i skidded and hit a family of 4 at a bus stop killing 3 of them!:dead:the fourth one ended up paralysed from the waist down in a weel chair for the rest of his life. i got fined £40 and £100 compo.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh i wasn't drunk. I don't drink and Drive... I am pissed about hitting the deer. Since I got this car I have had some issues, nothing mechanically, just stupid things like ingoramuses smacking their doors into the side of it, someone actually stealing the N20 caps off my valve stems (tires are filled with Nitrogen). Asshole neighbors letting their kids crawl on top of the hood and standing on it... so this was just the icing on the cake and it pissed me off.

kortick
23-Sep-2007, 06:48 PM
what really annoys me
is the amount of blood those
damn things get on the car

not to mention the hunks of gore stuck in the grill
that stuff you cant even hose away
you gotta use a brush and scrub it out

i hate road kill
even a small animal can cover your car in
splattered plasma
even thsese birds i ran over once left blood all over

at least you were not hurt
hitting a big animal like that can kill you

Tricky
23-Sep-2007, 07:40 PM
Our cats like nothing better than eating birds,rats,mice,moles etc on the bonnet of my car!i come out to it some mornings & theres entrails all smeared on & i dont have time to wash it off before work :mad:

ProfessorChaos
23-Sep-2007, 08:04 PM
i remember being pissed one night and i was doing 100mph down a country lane all of a sudden i skidded and hit a family of 4 at a bus stop killing 3 of them!:dead:the fourth one ended up paralysed from the waist down in a weel chair for the rest of his life. i got fined £40 and £100 compo.

dude, are you serious? that's fu*king awful, man!:eek:

AcesandEights
23-Sep-2007, 09:35 PM

??? :rockbrow:

zombie04
23-Sep-2007, 09:51 PM

I too am a little puzzled by this statement. Could you explain a little?

Danny
23-Sep-2007, 09:54 PM
uh, my guess ,and im no sherlock holmes, is that hes kidding, or if you can get away with only 40 quid in fines for killing 3 people then laws are getting pretty lax.

that sucks dj, but hey, least you walked away from it.

ProfessorChaos
23-Sep-2007, 11:24 PM
uh, my guess ,and im no sherlock holmes, is that hes kidding, or if you can get away with only 40 quid in fines for killing 3 people then laws are getting pretty lax.

sorry dude, but my mind doesn't function with any other forms of currency other than u.s. dollars.

Danny
23-Sep-2007, 11:26 PM
yeah when it comes to car accidents its the dollars you gotta look out for, not peoples ,yknow, lives:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah it is nothing major, just under carriage damage so that is something the dealer will have to look into come monday morning.

Gary

Yojimbo
25-Sep-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry DJ! That really sucks. Guess it could have been a lot worse, though, but still really sucky!

DjfunkmasterG
25-Sep-2007, 11:24 PM
Well there is good news.

I will have my car back by Friday.

Damage: Oil Pan, Transmission Line broken, Drive Shaft, U-Joints, Transmission Bracket, Cracked Left Rear Rim and Broken axle... NO FRAME DAMAGE, How awesome is that? All that ****ed up damage and the frame is perfect... everything else is just supplemental.

AcesandEights
26-Sep-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh, good news...well, you know, good considering how bad it could have been. Test drive that sucker, asap!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh, good news...well, you know, good considering how bad it could have been. Test drive that sucker, asap!

I am going to drive it like I stole the mutherf*cker

wyvern1096
26-Sep-2007, 01:42 AM
Glad you're okay and the car is repairable. The amount of damage a deer can do is amazing. The last time I hit one I was driving an 18 wheeler. It was a good $6000 worth of damage.

C5NOTLD
26-Sep-2007, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear about it. You did file a police report didn't you to show that it wasn't your fault ?

I'm thinking about insurance. A lot of insurance companies will call it a collision if you hit the deer and then raise your rates. But since another vehicle hit the deer and tossed it into your path it's shouldn't be your fault.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 10:05 AM
Unless someone is injured, or you can't get the car off the road the police don't come out for minor stuff like this, they just make a phone log on the call here in Maryland. Although the car was towed, I was able to pull off the road.

The insurance company was very cool about it, plus I have been accident free in my 7 years with State Farm, this is my first claim, and because i went five years + they won't hold this one against me. :D

Part of their good driver program. If it was GEICO my rates would have went through the roof the same day.