PDA

View Full Version : Little bit on 'Flight of the Living Dead'

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34140

Flight of the Living Dead (3.5 stars)
--------------------------------------------------

Zombies on a Plane. It's ZOMBIES... on a PLANE. Well, seriously, it's much better than that other ...on a plane movie. Solid B-movie stuff here. The usual solid performances from Erick Avari and Kevin J. O'Connor doing their thing. This feels like it ran a little too long, and seriously, don't they ever run out of bullets? But the makeup was fantastic (especially for Avari's zombie incarnation) and most of the kills were fun. More was done here to establish likable characters, and the end sets things up nicely for a non-airborne sequel.

MikePizzoff
24-Sep-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been wanting to see this movie. I gotta pick it up.

Griff
24-Sep-2007, 03:43 PM
I didn't think too much of it. Its fun, I guess, but doesn't offer anything new.

Does anyone know if this is what became of the 'Red Eye: Flight of the Living Dead' Romero project that was in the works 10 years ago?

Does anyone know if this is what became of the 'Red Eye: Flight of the Living Dead' Romero project that was in the works 10 years ago?

Just looked into it and it would seem the writer/director began developing the movie in 2002 under the title 'Plane Dead'. It wasn't until New Line came onboard as distributer that the title was changed to 'Flight...'.

So now there's a RED EYE and a FLIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, I don't think that old screenplay will ever get produced under its original title, if at all.

DeadJonas190
26-Sep-2007, 07:22 AM
I have this at home right now, we had it at work in the back room in the employee rental box so I snagged it up. I am going to watch it after work tomorrow. I'll tell you guys what its like.

Neil
26-Sep-2007, 08:27 AM
I have this at home right now, we had it at work in the back room in the employee rental box so I snagged it up. I am going to watch it after work tomorrow. I'll tell you guys what its like.

Look forward to it :)

AcesandEights
26-Sep-2007, 10:01 AM
Hmmm, I had pretty much written this one off. I look forward to more in the way of (non-spoiler filled) reviews from people here.

Debbieangel
26-Sep-2007, 09:55 PM
It sounds an awful lot like "Plane Dead" to me and I did like it!
Plane Dead was good for all the restraints it had in a confined place they had to work with in the story, so, I will try to find "Flight" and watch it too!
Thanks for the heads up...I am always up for a new zomb movie!:)

clanglee
26-Sep-2007, 11:22 PM
Plane Dead IS Flight of the Living dead. . .same movie. It was ok. . .not wonderful at all. . .very cheesy. . but fun. Some funny gore.

Debbieangel
27-Sep-2007, 12:22 AM
Plane Dead IS Flight of the Living dead. . .same movie. It was ok. . .not wonderful at all. . .very cheesy. . but fun. Some funny gore.

Thanks...I did like it...I LOVE cheeese!!
It's coming out here Oct.2, I will be getting it for sure!

zombieslayer
28-Sep-2007, 01:55 PM
I've been wanting to see this movie. I gotta pick it up. it's suppose to come out on oct. 2. seen it in a game mag. yesterday.

fartpants
01-Oct-2007, 09:42 PM
i saw this film a while ago and was shocked by how much i liked it, every zed-head should see it at least once....