PDA

View Full Version : Do me a favour please...

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 02:05 PM
Visit the main page http://www.homepageofthedead.com and...

1) See if it is relatively quick to load
2) The 'emergency scroller' works OK for you

It was written in Java and would take bloody ages to load. It's now in dynamic html so should load quickly.

Can you please say if it loaded/worked and also what browser you used?

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2007, 02:21 PM
www.homepageofthedead.com is blocked by my companies firewall as inappropiate entertainment. LMAO :lol::moon:

Because the forum addy starts with forum.homepageofthedead.com I am able to bypass the firewall.

MikePizzoff
24-Sep-2007, 02:40 PM
It took about three times as long to load for me as it usually does... but it still loaded in like 2 seconds. And, yes, the scroller works for me.

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 02:41 PM
www.homepageofthedead.com is blocked by my companies firewall as inappropiate entertainment. LMAO :lol::moon:

Because the forum addy starts with forum.homepageofthedead.com I am able to bypass the firewall.

You mean "my company's firewall" :)

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah that... :p:shifty:

leave me alone. it is Monday, and this browser doesn't have spell check and I am just to lazy to proof read on Monday.

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah that... :p:shifty:

leave me alone. it is Monday, and this browser doesn't have spell check and I am just to lazy to proof read on Monday.

You mean "too lazy to proof read"? :D:lol:

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2007, 03:12 PM
works just fine...like a swiss watch.:thumbsup:

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 03:27 PM
works just fine...like a swiss watch.:thumbsup:

Browser?

Did it pop up relatively quickly?

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2007, 03:30 PM
yes, it came right up

coma
24-Sep-2007, 04:21 PM
loaded instantly
Worked perfect for me
nice job:)

MinionZombie
24-Sep-2007, 05:42 PM
Firstly - *chants "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" between Neil and Deej* :p

Secondly - oh christ this is so much better mate, seriously, up far quicker and not so strenuous on this computer I'm on (which would frequently freeze up, cos it can't cope with complex websites with lots of "blast" (aka stuff) on it (my other computer is fine with sites though)...anyway, yes, much faster - nicely played, Sir. :)

Neil
24-Sep-2007, 05:54 PM
Firstly - *chants "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" between Neil and Deej* :p

Secondly - oh christ this is so much better mate, seriously, up far quicker and not so strenuous on this computer I'm on (which would frequently freeze up, cos it can't cope with complex websites with lots of "blast" (aka stuff) on it (my other computer is fine with sites though)...anyway, yes, much faster - nicely played, Sir. :)

Phew!!! That's been on my $*** list for a LONG time!!

That ticker has been on the site from basically day one, so I really didn't want to lose it :)

capncnut
24-Sep-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes, now please apply the same 'speediness' to the forum itself. :rolleyes:

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah, i've noticed that the forums are mighty slow:|

AcesandEights
24-Sep-2007, 06:58 PM
I just tried it (have had occasional loading problems with the main page and the forums the last few weeks) and it didn't fully load the menu at the top of the main page on the first try, but was fine when I refreshed.

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2007, 01:37 AM
The forums were slower than molasses earlier.

DeadJonas190
26-Sep-2007, 06:12 AM
I actually noticed when I first came to log on to the forums that the site loaded much faster than normal. Usually the navagation bar at the top would load but then the info down below would take a few seconds to pop up. Today it all loaded really fast.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 10:07 AM
It has been ages since I visited the main page... so I can't compare. However, it did load fast when I made clicky with the linky.

Debbieangel
27-Sep-2007, 12:37 AM
It works find for me Neil it is faster now! It pops up right away!;)

Yojimbo
29-Sep-2007, 02:23 AM
Works good, loads fast. No problem scrolling either, brother.