PDA

View Full Version : EU referendum..

Tricky
24-Sep-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry to bring politics in yet again,but this week is when darth brown is apparently going to make his decision to hand britain over to europe without a referendum! (which he promised he would give us when he was pining for the top job)
So here is a site to register on for you UK folks to demand we get our say on the matter!the goverment keeps playing it down but this is the biggest & i fear worst thing that can happen to Britain since hitler tried to pound us into submission!

http://www.iwantareferendum.com/

MinionZombie
24-Sep-2007, 05:48 PM
Consider myself signed up, Sir.

It's a move that affects everybody in the entire country, methinks we should get a say, especially when that rat bastard said we'd have our say - but oh surprise surprise - exactly like "no top up fees" it's a complete 180.

God I'd love to see him being followed by a media circus walking down the street so I could walk right up to him and call him "Darth Bastard" right to his smug twat face.

*shivers*

The guy sickens me to be honest.

Andy
24-Sep-2007, 11:42 PM
I Must be the only one happy we are giving more power to europe. Labour are idiotic bastards and the less power they have the better imho, and the morons who live in this country keep voting for them time after time despite countless broken promises and a screwed up, over-taxed, crime ridden society.

I Hope power goes to europe and i hope they sort this country out, fair enough it means giving up some of our heritage, but as far as i can see its for the best.

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd much rather wait for Labour to get legitimately booted, rather than neuter the entire country for the sake of an ailing bunch of fat-gut nob'eds.

Less power and control over ourselves, it's costs a bundle (£40 billion has already been lashed out on the EU), and if the French and the Dutch get to have a referendum (the result being they chose to flip the bird to the EU and go their own way), then why the f*ck can't we, especially considering we were promised it - and yes yes I know, broken promises, nothing new from Blair and Darth - but it's such a huge thing, the people should be entitled to their say.

The Brits have already say piss off to the Euro currency. If we end up in the EU we get strung out over a barrell and shafted up the jacksy because nobody in gubment seems to like the word "no"...unless of course it's them lot telling us no, of course.

Danny
25-Sep-2007, 11:30 AM
if we techincally becmae part of europe, would that mean every fat single guy in his forties would have to go out every saturday night with a combover, a bigass gold medallian and an unbuttoned hawaian shirt all the while smelling like fried onions?:lol:

Andy
25-Sep-2007, 12:28 PM
I'd much rather wait for Labour to get legitimately booted

That is exactly my problem, labour arn't going to get legitimately booted becuase the majority of the people in this country are absolute idiots and will continue to vote labour no matter what, this referendum is the best example of that, there was a poll on TV the other day, while this referendum business is all up in the air, and labour still come up on top.

The way i see it, europe has better healthcare, a better justice system, a better education system and lower taxes, just to name a few of the benefits, so joining them can only make things better.

And you guys going we're giving away freedom or heritage or control.. look around you guys, all that went in the last 50 years.

Tricky
25-Sep-2007, 05:29 PM
The idea of leaving this country because of labour is appealing enough,but if europe gets sweeping powers over us then i will take steps to move & live beyond the EU's slimy tentacles.Sure we've got a gash government in place now,but what exactly do people think europe is going to do to make our lives better?the answer is f*ck all im afraid,more control,more stupid laws,complete destruction of our industry & national identity,higher taxes to subsidise the poorer nations within the EU,eventual conflict with russia & a frosty relationship with the US,and britain will be the continents offshore dumping ground.No thanks

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2007, 05:35 PM
That's no excuse to throw your hands up and go "meh, might as well", that's why Britain has been on the slippery slope - basically, we need more Jeremy Clarkson's in our world.

Pfft, I wouldn't bother paying attention to these "polls".

1) How many people get polled, they rarely say.
2) Where are they polling these people? In other words, Labour heartlands?
3) There's a whole bunch of different polls and they all say different things from one day to the next.
4) YouGov PAY people to take part after they've officially signed up to be polled by YouGov, so it isn't random, it's from the same group over and over.
5) Pfft...

Blair has already given us a dud deal from the EU, we're just pestered more than ever now...after all this is Britain, we get trampled on constantly, so it'll be no different with the EU.

A bit of elbow grease and Britain free and on it's own would be far better than dribbling into the EU like it was some rest home for senile countries. :dead:

I say us chaps move to the Isle of Man, Gordo isn't in charge and the EU has no holds over it...plus there's no speed limits outside of the villages. :)