PDA

View Full Version : So, Uwe Boll doing a zombie flick now...

Neil
26-Sep-2007, 12:41 PM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17558

Danny
26-Sep-2007, 01:04 PM
*just sits there, arms folded, shaking his head in distain*

Spider Rico
26-Sep-2007, 01:11 PM
Karl Hardman dies but Uwe Boll still walks the earth? So unfair.

Danny
26-Sep-2007, 01:36 PM
i know, s'like some kinda sick joke.:dead:

bassman
26-Sep-2007, 01:36 PM
"I want to make this movie more creepy than House of the Dead, which was intended to be funny and campy," said Boll. "I'd like Zombie Massacre to be a harsh zombie movie like 28 Days Later."

:|

jim102016
26-Sep-2007, 03:04 PM
"I want to make this movie more creepy than House of the Dead, which was intended to be funny and campy," said Boll. "I'd like Zombie Massacre to be a harsh zombie movie like 28 Days Later."

:|

Wasn't sure who he was until you mentioned 'House of the Dead'.....

For some odd reason, I think I'm going to barf on my desk

bassman
26-Sep-2007, 03:13 PM
Wasn't sure who he was until you mentioned 'House of the Dead'.....

For some odd reason, I think I'm going to barf on my desk

I was actually just pointing out that he called "28 days later" a zombie film.....

I hate it when people do that.....

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 03:47 PM
Why hate it when people do it... it is a zombie film. Maybe not the George Romero definition of Zombie, but it is a zombie film.

When you look at the zombie films back in the early days they were just mindless people under a spell or trance. Romero brought the dead back to life, and brought a newer definition of zombie, but the overall definition...

zom·bie
–noun

1. (in voodoo) a. the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
b. the supernatural force itself.

2. Informal. a. a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.
b. an eccentric or peculiar person.

#2 is exactly the definition of zombie that would refer to the zombies in 28 Days Later... So guys but they are zombies, even by TEXTBOOK Definition. By your definition they may not be, but the dictionary defines them as zombies.

So all your BS about THEY ARE not zombies is pointless because THEY ARE!

bassman
26-Sep-2007, 03:56 PM
All of my BS? That's real mature there, deej. :rolleyes:

My opinion is that if they aren't dead, they aren't zombies. That, and zombies don't run....

Danny
26-Sep-2007, 03:58 PM
*rest head in palms of his hands and shakes it*

Here we go again folks.

Ivarr
26-Sep-2007, 03:58 PM
Why the surprise?

Everything he does is a rotted rancid foul piece of moving meat.

He is breathing proof that money laundering is alive and well in the film business.

I wish the man a long happy life ... but damn can he find a different line of work.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 04:00 PM
Dude read the definition... THEY ARE ZOMBIES. Telling yourself differently makes you look uneducated and moronic (not trying to be a dick, but honestly to be in a camp just because everyone says so makes you yourself a zombie, an automaton)

You have shown me on many occasions intelligence, but now you act like the proof is in material.

The point is stop saying they aren't zombies... You are not the expert... and who says zombies can't run? If the dead can come back to life in this fictional world, then they sure as **** can run, to believe one item but not the other is childish and baffling.

ROMERO IS NOT THE BE ALL END ALL WORD IN ZOMBIE INFO AND LAW!

bassman
26-Sep-2007, 04:07 PM
Dude....seriously. Ever heard of opinion?

No one can say for sure except for Garland(writer) and Boyle(director). While they both admit that Romero's films(as well as others) gave them a bit of inspiration for some scenes, they never say that the infected are zombies. That's why they call them "The Infected".

It's a matter of opinion, man. It's not "joining a group", "being moronic", or "being an expert". It's just the way I see it in "28 Days Later".

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 04:38 PM
and by definition they are zombies. :D :p Opinion or not... it is what it is by definition.

AcesandEights
26-Sep-2007, 10:09 PM
I think you're both losing sight of the more important point...Uwe Boll is about to take another crap on our genre. :annoyed:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 10:19 PM
can't be any worse than house of the dead... and at least you can sit through House... Children still ranks as the biggest turd on our Genre, and some of the people behind Night are responsible for that POS.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 12:21 PM
can't be any worse than house of the dead... and at least you can sit through House... Children still ranks as the biggest turd on our Genre, and some of the people behind Night are responsible for that POS.

There are MANY "turds" in this genre. Only a handful in this genre are good...

capncnut
27-Sep-2007, 02:05 PM
My opinion is that if they aren't dead, they aren't zombies. That, and zombies don't run....
You knows it, the Infected ain't zombies FACT. Even Danny Boyle himself said so, adding something like, "We took the best elements of the living dead movies for our story..."

And yeah, running zombies are the weakest bastardisation of a classic celluloid monster. Rigor Mortis and the like would ensure the reanimated would NEVER be able to run.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Sep-2007, 05:00 PM
"You knows it, the Infected ain't zombies FACT. Even Danny Boyle himself said so, adding something like, "We took the best elements of the living dead movies for our story...""

Yep, and... they made them thar zum-b's run. :D:p

Face facts, by definition or not they are ZOMBIES. Danny Boyle can pitch whatever Bull**** he wants to the masses. They hunt humans, they kill humans, only have one thing on their mind... Looks, Smells, and acts like a zombie to me.

You know if it looks like S H I T and SMELLS like S H I T, it must be Choclate.

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 05:06 PM
So Dj......are you really saying that the men who created the film actually know nothing about it? The wrote it.....yet the things they say about it are completely wrong.:rockbrow:

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Maitreya
27-Sep-2007, 05:17 PM
This news is dire indeed.

I can just hope to God that Boll doesn't get his dirty ****ing hands on Bioshock. If he does, I don't know what I'll do.

P.S. The infected aren't zombies, they aren't the living dead.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Sep-2007, 05:22 PM
So Dj......are you really saying that the men who created the film actually know nothing about it? The wrote it.....yet the things they say about it are completely wrong.:rockbrow:

Well if they borrowed elements from the Living Dead films then they should just admit the infected are zombies.

So if they aren't zombies... what do you feel the monsters in Night of the Comet are? Just curious.

But honestly, the infected have all the classic elements of being zombies aside from the fact they aren't dead and they run. I did see one bite one guys neck and eat the pieces in 28 DL... so he made it a zombie film.

They maynot be zombies by the opinions of true living dead fans, but to me and people who look beyond the being dead part... they are zombies. Not one instance any where I have read or checked does it say a zombie has to be dead. It is one of the characteristics, but not the be all end all requirement.

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Probably... I dunno, that was 30 years ago! :D:p

capncnut
28-Sep-2007, 02:24 PM
They maynot be zombies by the opinions of true living dead fans, but to me and people who look beyond the being dead part...
Which is about 0.1% of the entire worldwide zombie fanbase. :D

clanglee
28-Sep-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok here's how it is. . .The infected are not really zombies, but. . 28 Days/Weeks Later ARE zombie movies. In that the plots and basic themes of the movies are exactly the same. And Boll
sux. :p

jim102016
28-Sep-2007, 10:40 PM
Well if they borrowed elements from the Living Dead films then they should just admit the infected are zombies.

So if they aren't zombies... what do you feel the monsters in Night of the Comet are? Just curious.

But honestly, the infected have all the classic elements of being zombies aside from the fact they aren't dead and they run. I did see one bite one guys neck and eat the pieces in 28 DL... so he made it a zombie film.

They maynot be zombies by the opinions of true living dead fans, but to me and people who look beyond the being dead part... they are zombies. Not one instance any where I have read or checked does it say a zombie has to be dead. It is one of the characteristics, but not the be all end all requirement.

Probably... I dunno, that was 30 years ago! :D:p

If I remember Night of the Comet correctly, they’re infected by whatever virus or infection that comet brings to earth. At the end, you can watch as those living scientists slowly succumb to the virus. More similarities to 28 Days/Weeks than the 'zombies' in Romero's type of movie.

You have a good point about the biting in 28 Weeks; there were a few variations in the second movie that I scratched my head over.

Despite your research and your interesting insight, I think 'zombies' will always be associated with the living dead that Romero made so popular.
Just my personal opinion, no need to call me uneducated and/or a moron. What matters is I've watched just as many movies in the genre as you have.

Ivarr
29-Sep-2007, 10:09 PM
Uwe Boll is about to take another crap on our genre. :annoyed:

Yes... and the damn shame is that there is nothing we can do about it.

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2007, 10:12 PM
Ug, keep that argument in the thread elsewhere, ug...

Anyway, Ewwww Boll-ocks plus zombies? Sh*te-fest - officially. :lol:

Yojimbo
30-Sep-2007, 09:47 PM
Boll is not fit to smell my $hit. Boll makes M. Night Shamalamadingdong look like Hitchcock, and M. Night sucks. I would sooner masturbate with sandpaper than see another one of his stinking films.

House of the Dead took an otherwise mediocre video game and rendered it a major waste of time and money. I should sue him for the time I spent fast forwarding through his film, even though I got it on a rent two get one free night and I didn't have to pay for the film. I still would like that time back.

clanglee
01-Oct-2007, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=Yojimbo;114254]Boll is not fit to smell my $hit. Boll makes M. Night Shamalamadingdong look like Hitchcock, and M. Night sucks. I would sooner masturbate with sandpaper than see another one of his stinking films.

QUOTE]

I dunno man. . Unbreakable is a pretty freakin' awsome movie.

Danny
01-Oct-2007, 06:13 AM
^ that and signs, sure it had that cheesy acting from mel "sugartits" gibson in it but that bit when the news shows footage of that mexican birthday party adn jsut for a second you finally see the alien walk past the screen, man i was sitting in a freezing bootleggy cinema when i saw that and literally felt a chill other than the cold go down my spine, plus the 6th sense, like blair witch was fantastic till it got spoofed to death.

strayrider
01-Oct-2007, 06:20 AM
I'll have to agree with DJ.

The "infected" in 28, by definition, are NOT Living Dead, but they ARE Zombies.

Uwe who? Did he make a film that I was supposed to have seen?

:D

-stray-

Yojimbo
01-Oct-2007, 03:31 PM
I dunno man. . Unbreakable is a pretty freakin' awsome movie.

Yeah, Unbreakable was pretty good, and Sixth Sense was decent, I have to agree. So he isnt all that bad, I'll admit.

But Boll: Still not fit to smell my $hit

clanglee
02-Oct-2007, 05:33 AM
Yeah, Unbreakable was pretty good, and Sixth Sense was decent, I have to agree. So he isnt all that bad, I'll admit.

But Boll: Still not fit to smell my $hit

agreed
:D

Palanthian
03-Oct-2007, 11:09 PM
I dunno why Uwe Boll gets treated as bad as he has been...with the exception of House of the Dead(which was funny in some ways, not many), he hasn't made pure crap movies. I liked Alone in the Dark and Bloodrayne and wanna see In the Name of the King and Postal. lol

He has gotten better since his beginnings, but even if he found a way to make the best movie ever made, it wouldn't be good until 100 years from now when people don't know who he is. lol (Not that I think he's capable of such a feat. :P)

he makes fun B movies. :P

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2007, 11:12 PM
I have no reasonable come back to that, Palanthian.

Personal taste is just that, personal...but...wow :)

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 04:48 PM
I have no reasonable come back to that, Palanthian.

Personal taste is just that, personal...but...wow :)

Heh, heh! Right on!

Doc
12-Oct-2007, 03:00 AM
Uwe Borat?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/LSA15/matt462651055e9ef.jpg

Sorry :|