PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later infected are ZOMBIES

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 03:54 PM
There is a massive debate of whether the infected are in the 28 Days later films are zombies... well end the debate now because... THEY ARE.

The definition of zombie does not just mean a corpse coming back to life. The definition of zombie has many points and one of the points refers to the characteristics of the 28 Days later infected.

Pay close attention to definition #2

zom·bie –noun

1. (in voodoo) a. the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
b. the supernatural force itself.

2. Informal. a. a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.
b. an eccentric or peculiar person.

Note that it says person, not dead person, deceased person, corpse, etc. The definition exactly fits to the infected thus making them ZOMBIES.

If a book used to educate critics and the population of the world gives this type of definition... guess what, THEY BE ZOMBIES!

So lets forget Romero being the father of zombies, as he isn't, he just is the maker of the modern zombie (flesh eater) Danny Boyle brought us another type of zombie.

Now to end this usless debate and pointless chit chat from people who show ignorance in believing differently... repeat 100 times.

28 Days later infected are Zombies (or make it shorter, leeping in mind 28DL)

THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES
THEY ARE ZOMBIES

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Danny
26-Sep-2007, 04:00 PM
and technically romero zombies are a cross between voodoo zombies and ghouls, but you wont agree the undead fans to agree to that either.

-oh but i do agree with you, they are zombies

*runs for cover as bassman and mz lead a flameing torch wielding angry mob up the hill to some orchestrial music yelling "burn them"*

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 04:02 PM
Dead fans can agree to however the zombie definition fits a Romero zombie, but to ignore the FACT that by definition the infected are ZOMBIES... is just plain stupid and childish.

bassman
26-Sep-2007, 04:20 PM
:rolleyes:

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 04:36 PM
Beating a dead horse or not... until you all accept the FACT, this dead horse will keep on being beaten until there is nothing left but a blood stain on the groud.

MinionZombie
26-Sep-2007, 04:46 PM
Well here's another FACT, Sir, Danny Boyle and Alex Garland - the people who MADE the freaking film - both said undeniably on the audio commentary that they are NOT zombies. It's their film, ergo they say what's-what.

Ta da ... :p

I'm too lazy to get into that discussion again, my thoughts are clear-as day on the issue...besides, I've got that warm-gut feeling from beer and smokey bacon crisps, so I ain't fightin' with anyone, I just wanna watch TV. :D

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 04:51 PM
They can say what they want but again by DEFINITION... They be zum-b's. :p:D

So sayeth the dictionary! :lol:

MinionZombie
26-Sep-2007, 05:39 PM
F*ck the dictionary along with "tha po-leece"...

2. Informal. a. a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.
b. an eccentric or peculiar person.

1) "informal"
2) "wooden, listless"
3) "eccentric or peculiar"

The infected in 28D/WL are not wooden, nor listless, they're mobile and capable of fast-ass sprinting.

Eccentric and peculiar describes British people in general, not zombies...zombies are scary and frightening...they don't have handle-bar tashes and wear that one damn coat all-year-round. :lol:

Griff
26-Sep-2007, 06:05 PM
Dead fans can agree to however the zombie definition fits a Romero zombie, but to ignore the FACT that by definition the infected are ZOMBIES... is just plain stupid and childish.

The FACT is, that by the definition you have chosen to prove your case, even an eccentric or peculiar person qualifies as a zombie.

Wow, that FORREST GUMP was a pretty good zombie film, trumped only by ERNEST GOES TO JAIL...

Go back to the drawing board, DJ.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 06:28 PM
Drawing board my ass Griff... the word Automaton is what is the key word.

au·tom·a·ton –noun, plural -tons,

1. a mechanical figure or contrivance constructed to act as if by its own motive power; robot.
2. a person or animal that acts in a monotonous, routine manner, without active intelligence.
3. something capable of acting automatically or without an external motive force.

See # 2

The infected would be the perfect definition of automaton, which is also referenced as zombie.

So save your speech about the drawing board. For a group of people who claim to be smart and informed you sure do show a lot of ignorance.

You will sit here and debate the definition of a zombie... just out of spite... do something completely off the handle and against all educated and intelligent proof or data.

Tricky
26-Sep-2007, 06:39 PM
If they were real they would scare the god damn crap out of me whatever they are!forget formalities!they dont quit & can run like foooooook!:eek:

MinionZombie
26-Sep-2007, 06:47 PM
Clearly, especially in 28 Weeks Later, they do act with intelligence...

The infected dad in Weeks Later, deliberately goes about tracking his kids down, he knows exactly who they are and he's on a mission to infect them - as confirmed by the writer and director.

Routine manner? Getting anything you can get as-and-when, and barging it like a fool to get to it, is hardly routine...nor are they monotonous, far from it, they're shrieking banshees from hell.

They have certain traits, but aren't creatures of routine, they're aimless until given a purpose - run down and kill their prey - until they find prey, they meander around, as-if aimless, looking for their prey or just wandering around aimlessly - when there's an absence of human life to feast on.

*throws Deej down a ladder* ... quite a hole you've got there, even with it being lined with flogged, dead horses. :p :D

Tricky
26-Sep-2007, 07:13 PM
Clearly, especially in 28 Weeks Later, they do act with intelligence...

The infected dad in Weeks Later, deliberately goes about tracking his kids down, he knows exactly who they are and he's on a mission to infect them - as confirmed by the writer and director.

Routine manner? Getting anything you can get as-and-when, and barging it like a fool to get to it, is hardly routine...nor are they monotonous, far from it, they're shrieking banshees from hell.

They have certain traits, but aren't creatures of routine, they're aimless until given a purpose - run down and kill their prey - until they find prey, they meander around, as-if aimless, looking for their prey or just wandering around aimlessly - when there's an absence of human life to feast on.

*throws Deej down a ladder* ... quite a hole you've got there, even with it being lined with flogged, dead horses. :p :D

Aye,they tend to sleep when there is no prey around,such as in the extremely creepy church scene at the beginning of 28 days! :shifty: they are extremely twitchy & hyper-alert too,as you would be with rage,a massive permanent adrenaline rush & a lot of anger :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 08:20 PM

What hole MZ? You just proved my point. Also, the description you give is the same thing a Romero zombie does... Romero zombies aren't creatures of routine either. They just walked around aimlessly, but in essence it is a routine... a routine for a zombie. :D:p

Thank you from proving my point. :lol::moon:

You all should just give up... you will not win this argument.

clanglee
26-Sep-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm in the middle on this one. 28 Days/Weeks later are zombie movies, in that they are similar in the plot and theme of the post appocalypse and survival horror. And the infected are LIKE zombies. But, no, they are not dead, therefore not the GAR type zombie. The GAR zombie is really a ghoul though, zombies are (as i'm sure everyone knows) a product of Hatian Voodoo. And Hatian zombies are not really dead. . they just think they are. . .so. . .

What's in a word anyways?:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 08:39 PM
ZOMBIE - The Green Meat :D

clanglee
26-Sep-2007, 09:06 PM
You just like to start some **** dont ya DJ? :p

Just for giggles, I'll bite. 28 weeks later infected are not zombies. They are living breathing human beings. If you take the BS alternate ending to 28 days into account, it's even possible to cure the disease. How can you cure a zombie? eh?

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 09:14 PM
Yep... gotta keep the wheels turning here.

THEY ARE ZOMBIEZ, go back and read thread #1 and it will be the same argument I would give you. :D

SRP76
27-Sep-2007, 01:03 AM
No "zombie" in a "zombie movie" is actually a "zombie". They are reanimated dead. So, who cares if it's "proper" to call the things in 28 "zombies"? Just call them whatever we want, really.

Oddly, I always thought the 28 freaks were dead. I didn't know they were still alive.:eek:

.........of course, that's probably because I lost interest in the flick. I'm the only person here that absolutely disliked 28 Days Later. I think every single other person around loves it. Guess I'm just different...

triste realtà
27-Sep-2007, 04:03 AM
I'll agree with this thread, but the catch is I HATE calling them Xombeez. They are the living dead. There is something supremely disturbing about the dead coming back to life. Well, there's the 'and eating the living' part too.:lol:

.........of course, that's probably because I lost interest in the flick. I'm the only person here that absolutely disliked 28 Days Later. I think every single other person around loves it. Guess I'm just different...

I don't like it that much, either. There are a couple creepy shots. It has the same problem as Shaun: too much man-crying (and it doesn't take much).

Griff
27-Sep-2007, 05:39 AM
Drawing board my ass Griff... the word Automaton is what is the key word.

au·tom·a·ton –noun, plural -tons,

2. a person or animal that acts in a monotonous, routine manner, without active intelligence.

See # 2

The infected would be the perfect definition of automaton, which is also referenced as zombie.

That's amazing. So, by your chosen definition, ONE FLEW OVER THE COOKOO'S NEST, THX1138 or a documentary on freakin' ants would qualify as zombie films - afterall, they all contain persons or animals that act in monotonous, routine manners without active intelligence, yes?

Look, I'm not getting in on the main arguement at hand (I never declared allegiance either way) but if you think you've discovered some irrefutable proof, evidenced only by some vague description published in a dictionary then, sh*t, good luck on convincing anyone capable of thinking for themselves.

You're gonna have to come up with alot more than that to convince me. We may be ignorant but it pales in the shadow of your arrogance.

DeadJonas190
27-Sep-2007, 06:12 AM
Well by that exact definition you have put in bold they are not zombies as they are not

wood·en –adjective 1. consisting or made of wood; wood: a wooden ship.
2. stiff, ungainly, or awkward: a wooden gait.
3. without spirit, animation, or awareness.
4. dull or stupid.
5. indicating the fifth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary.

They do not fit the definition of wooden. Lets move on to listless.

list·less –adjective having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent: a listless mood; a listless handshake.

or this other definition of listless

list·less - adj. Lacking energy or disinclined to exert effort; lethargic: reacted to the latest crisis with listless resignation.

Nope, doesn't fit them either, now on to rote

rote1 –noun 1. routine; a fixed, habitual, or mechanical course of procedure: the rote of daily living.
—Idiom2. by rote, from memory, without thought of the meaning; in a mechanical way: to learn a language by rote.

Possibly, but not quite. Nor are they eccentric or peculiar.

au·tom·a·ton
1. a mechanical figure or contrivance constructed to act as if by its own motive power; robot.
3. something capable of acting automatically or without an external motive force.

They are not robots, they do not act in monotonous or routine manners without active intelligence and they do not act automatically without an external motive force as they chase down victims when they find them.

So therefore, by actually defining the words in your definiton, I have proven that they are in fact, not zombies.

And not to forget what Minion has already brought to the table, THE PEOPLE WHO CREATED THEM SAY THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES. So actually, by the creators of the characters in the movie own words, you are wrong sir.

SO repeat after me 1,000 times:

THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES
THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES

Don't worry Dj, even though your wrong on this I still respect you and think you kick a$$.

*All definitions from www.dictionary.com

DjfunkmasterG
27-Sep-2007, 09:55 AM
Still zombies. :D:p

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 12:19 PM
Still zombies. :D:p

:lol::lol::lol:

Gave up on Webster's after everyone here put you straight, eh?

Deadman_Deluxe
27-Sep-2007, 12:21 PM

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

AMEN!

This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!

MontagMOI
27-Sep-2007, 12:23 PM
Ha - Next you will be saying the running things in Dawn '04 are zombies!
Tssst. :p

capncnut
27-Sep-2007, 02:09 PM
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
Yeah, completely agree...

MapMan
27-Sep-2007, 02:44 PM
I would like for them to be zombies in my own twisted head. I have found
something that will shock all of you.

George Lucas stole the idea of Star Wars from the creator of the Dukes of Hazard.

Comparison:

Millenium falcon.....General Lee
Princess Leia.........Daisy Duke
Boss Hogg.............Darth Vader
Uncle Jesse...........Obi Wan
Roscoe..................Boba Fett

It goes on and on.

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 02:47 PM
^ anyone else just get a mental image of the millenium falcon playing the dixie horn?:D

bassman
27-Sep-2007, 03:05 PM

George Lucas stole the idea of Star Wars from the creator of the Dukes of Hazard.

Comparison:

It goes on and on.

It's basic mythology, man. Good vs Evil.

....Not to mention that "Dukes of Hazzard" started in 1979 when Lucas had the idea of "Star Wars" before he ever made "American Graffiti" in 1973....

DjfunkmasterG
27-Sep-2007, 04:52 PM
AMEN!

This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!
This post is utter BS!!!

"Oh great, another county heard from." :p

Matter of opinion. Considering that no discussions on HPOTD seem to run past 13 replies I would say this POST is not BS as it does have people talking and debating which is the point of a message board.

It's basic mythology, man. Good vs Evil.

....Not to mention that "Dukes of Hazzard" started in 1979 when Lucas had the idea of "Star Wars" before he ever made "American Graffiti" in 1973....

I thought the Dukes of Hazzard were based off some Moon Shine Running movie from the early 70's and that the show was just a spin-off.

I would still like to see the MF... tooting the dixie horn. :lol::shifty:

MinionZombie
27-Sep-2007, 05:48 PM
So you're saying the "good ole boys" are escaping from Storm Troopers instead? Hmmm...interesting...

DeadJonas190
27-Sep-2007, 07:34 PM

Comparison:

It goes on and on.

The only problem with that is that Lucas wrote Star Wars long before The Dukes of Hazard were even thought of. Still a very funn comparison.

clanglee
27-Sep-2007, 09:06 PM
Funny idea. . but. . .Lucas stole the idea for Star Wars from "The Hidden Fortress", by Kurosawa.:moon: Check out the brain on Brad!!

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2007, 02:18 AM
mmmmmmmmm..... BRAINS :D

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2007, 02:33 AM
Check out the brain on Brad!!

Hate to be a quote nazi, but it actually goes like this:

"Check out the big brain on Brad! You a smart motherfu(ker! That's right, the metric system...":D

Nice use of a Pulp Fiction quote, though.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2007, 02:38 AM
The Quote Nazi has entered the discussion.

Better you than me. I did see the error, but didn't want to be THAT guy. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2007, 04:57 AM
i've never pulled one of those before, so i thought now'd be a good time.

back to the topic, though...they're zombies, just a little different than what most of us prefer our zombies to be like.

zombie is a pretty vague term, so i'd say the 28 days/weeks later kids can play too. if we wanted to get super-technical about it, then we might be able to count gar's living dead kids out too, so i don't think it's worth puttin up a huge fuss over.

DruNewp
28-Sep-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't think they are zombies. Not by MY definition.

Everyone's got their own opinions, but mine? NOT ZOMBIES.

MissJacksonCA
28-Sep-2007, 01:31 PM
I always felt that way ...just because they're runners or because their acting off rage doesn't make them any less flesh eating menacing zombies... but that's some sweet backup points you make there man...

DVW5150
29-Sep-2007, 04:04 AM
Yep... gotta keep the wheels turning here.

THEY ARE ZOMBIEZ, go back and read thread #1 and it will be the same argument I would give you. :D

They are not zombies in the 28 films , DJ .
How hostile the retort wil be .
Fantasy.
The infected are taken down as any critical shot would to a normal human.
A zed, takes a shot to the head, to be eliminated.
The facts are there.
But , No wait ...
This is a honored site of die hard George Romero fanatics.
Lets stick to the theoretical science of GAR, & Boyle ok?
No voodoo no fvcking dictionaries.
Zombies are dead, they should not be able to run.
Let alone walk, however, the suspension of disbelief makes it so.
Residual memory.
It seems the rage viral leaves little no memory.
Rage infected dont (at least as far as you tell in the films) return to where they worked for so many years,Big Daddy was an example as returning to a job.
Semantics.
I know they are zombies you say, scream , get a megaphone.
No they are not zombies.
This could get ugly.
I have said what I wanted... now just take a deep breath , exhale ...
They are infected with a viral rage .Thier hearts still beat, the have basic brain function, the can run, they bite just abit.
Infected spit blood & stomach matter.:barf:
Zeds dont do that. Sorry, Zombies dont do that.

Ok zombies: slow , dead (all messed up) eat human flesh .Turning time 5 to 20 minutes.solution :destroy the head.
Rage infected: fast, hysterically insane biting tendency, they are still alive, will bite and eat just abit, (may eat more flesh during down time?)Turning time 8 to 50 seconds.Solution: any fatal center mass shot.
Big theoretical difference there...
Ok I am done.
The ' 28 ' films do not have zombies, no they dont .
NO .
Wrong.:moon:
UH UH incorrect .
AW FVCK it.:lol:

ProfessorChaos
29-Sep-2007, 04:32 AM
wow, good points there, dvw...i hate to sound like a flip-floppin john kerry type, but you've almost got me convinced.

kinda on the fence now....:confused:

i still consider them zombies, as i consider romero's films to be zombie films, however.

but if you really wanna get technical about it, as i said, the term zombie is pretty vague...but you couldn't easily classify the creatures in any of these films if you went by pure definition of a zombie. then again, this is a site for george romero's living dead films, so by that criteria, i'm gonna have to jump ship, dj.

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2007, 08:32 AM
It depends on what your definition of 'is' is :p

Yup, the infected can be considered zombies due to the open ended nature of semantics (want me to explain how a pear can be an apple too? Got a few hours?). I too agree the films are 'zombie' films (i.e. they fit thematically) and belong in the genre, by the very nature of their repeated inclusion by laypeople, critics and fans of the genre. Of course, it's not every critic, not every layperson, not every fan of the genre and your mileage will vary, but this is all much ado about jacksh1t. People love to categorize everything by the very nature of how we store information, but it gets so extreme.

It's not worth debating about, unless you want to debate, just agree to disagree and realize that they are not Romeroverse zombies (which no one is even saying).

darth los
30-Sep-2007, 01:26 AM
If gar had decided to continue the night/dawn/day/land storyline in a couple of more movies "his" zombies would have failed to meet the criteria of what most of us think they should be anyway. It's debatable whether or not he did that with land.

clanglee
30-Sep-2007, 05:42 AM
Hate to be a quote nazi, but it actually goes like this:

"Check out the big brain on Brad! You a smart motherfu(ker! That's right, the metric system...":D

Nice use of a Pulp Fiction quote, though.

Come on man, you're gonna call me out on forgetting one little word? ;)

DVW5150
30-Sep-2007, 07:09 PM
I knew it was just a matter of time before Deadman Deluxe would break through the wall and open fire.I missed his post before.
elol::cool:

Mr_Shadow
01-Oct-2007, 08:21 AM
It's 50/50 for me. They can die of starvation but not this? :confused:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0003.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0002.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0001.jpg

screen shots taken shortly after helicopter scene

ProfessorChaos
01-Oct-2007, 08:44 AM
hmmm...interesting point. i don't remember seeing that.

btw, when is this being released on dvd?

AcesandEights
01-Oct-2007, 08:45 AM
I think it's entirely possible to survive that wound...for a moment :D Just like the infected who were lit up like flaming roman candles, in a 28 DL, lingered for a bit, fueled by their mindless, unthinking rage (kind of like automatons...or zombies, if one had a love of hyperbole).

Mr_Shadow
01-Oct-2007, 08:47 AM
Comes out on dvd October 8th in the U.S. This scene is only a few seconds long

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2007, 09:55 AM
Well judging from that pic, it was mainly some lung, stomach and poo-trails that got taken out, the heart was probably okay...that "infected" probably keeled over soon after...besides, it's a gore gag used for the "ewww, lookit-dat" reaction.

jim102016
01-Oct-2007, 02:41 PM

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0003.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0002.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28WeeksLater._2007_DvDrip_Eng__0001.jpg

Can't say I remember that either. Is it at the very end?

DVW5150
01-Oct-2007, 05:45 PM

Holy SH!T !
Really good puppet there.
Its a conundrum, Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
that helicopter scene was, well , almost too much but I loved it.
Shadow, you already have this 28 Weeks thingy?
I saw it in the movies in May ...I thought it was Oct 9th, dvd release?
I want it . WHAAA !
How do I drop hints to my wife I want it for my Birthday?You know, besides the... *ahem*thats a given sheesh ... ok forget it.:lol:
ok thanks .

Mr_Shadow
01-Oct-2007, 08:42 PM
I got a promotional copy a few weeks before it came out in theatres, I never saw it in theatres so I don't know if they show that scene or if it was cut out. It shows this text about 5 or 6 times throuhout the dvd.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/shadow_loc_x3/28Weeks.Later01.jpg

Danny
01-Oct-2007, 08:58 PM
wered ya get a ligit screen copy from, ive seen a few on ebay ,even though they shouldnt sell em, but they also sell those emmy nominee dvds on there to so...

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2007, 10:29 PM
I saw the film and the infected with the monged out torso is indeed in the film if memory serves, which it usually does.