PDA

View Full Version : This Dirtbag Death Row Inmate gets around:

Dawg
26-Sep-2007, 08:25 PM
There was an article in the Columbus Dispatch today in which the Supreme Court will hear if lethal injection is cruel and unusal punishment or not.

One of the inmates bringing the suit is a man by the name of Ralph Baze. Baze, 52 was suppose to die yesterday until the state high court halted the proceedings earlier in the month. He has been on Death Row for 14 years after being sentenced in 1994 for the shooting deaths of Powell County Sheriff Steve Bennett and Deputy Sheriff Arthur Briscoe. (This occurred in Kentucky.)

Here are some links to this piece of crap and the things he has been pulling:

If you notice, he keeps changing his story on why he killed two people. (You may have to search the page linked under his name, 'Ralph Baze', because they list other killers on some.) One he says he was suffering from an episode he had with his wife, etc; and another he says he had his hands up and they fired upon him... blah blah blah, baloney. Now of course, he is trying to get lethal injection deemed cruel and unusual.

How about his victims? Hmmm? He executed the Deputy after shooting him in the back with a gunshot to the back of the head. Why are prisoners given rights to sue anyway?! F**king justice system is truly screwed up.

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/33/3/410

http://www.lexingtonprosecutor.com/Outrage.htm

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/01/apr01.htm

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/national_world/stories/2007/09/26/supct_lethal_ap_alt_0905.ART_ART_09-26-07_A1_BF80VQL.html?sid=101

:dead:Dawg

DjfunkmasterG
26-Sep-2007, 08:34 PM
Whether he is a criminal or not he does have the right to due process. It seems some Americans tend to forget those little things handed down to us from our founding fathers.

if you take it away from him, then it has to be taken away from everyone. Remember, in the eyes of the constitution we are all equal.

Dawg
26-Sep-2007, 08:44 PM
Believe me, I agree with you to have a free country. It is just frustrating at times that some people seem to have more rights than others, especially their victims and their victims' families.

BTW- Not to stir the $hit pot too much, the freedom of speech argument on the college student may not be allowed under the definition. The reason being that the government can not censor someone and must allow freedom of speech (there are restrictions though), but in this case he was at a private college if I am correct, and therefore, they can halt his speech whenever they want because they were not the government and he was on their property.

And yes, I do believe in freedom of speech, just laying out the facts of the matter, that is if I am completely correct on those facts.

Link discussing limits on free speech: (Not necessarily referring to private organizations though.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_speech

:dead:Dawg

slickwilly13
26-Sep-2007, 10:20 PM
Here you go. This will cheer you up. He was put down last night.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=state&id=5675280

SRP76
27-Sep-2007, 01:18 AM
Whether he is a criminal or not he does have the right to due process. It seems some Americans tend to forget those little things handed down to us from our founding fathers.

if you take it away from him, then it has to be taken away from everyone. Remember, in the eyes of the constitution we are all equal.

He had his "due process". He was tried fairly, found guilty, and sentenced. He even then tied up the court system for years with needless appeals. That's all the process a criminal is entitled to.

Bringing further crap into the court system, like what he was doing, is extra.

ProfessorChaos
27-Sep-2007, 04:53 AM
i think that we need to put an express lane in death row:elol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Sep-2007, 05:25 PM
They already have one in place in Texas. :D:evil:

He had his "due process". He was tried fairly, found guilty, and sentenced. He even then tied up the court system for years with needless appeals. That's all the process a criminal is entitled to.

Bringing further crap into the court system, like what he was doing, is extra.

Why do you refer to it as needless appeals. You do realize that some people have been found guilty when they were actually innocent. That may not be the case with this guy, but it has happened, and sometimes things during trial have happened that raise the cause for an appeal.

Thank God you're not a judge...by your standards every conviction would be thrown out. I am willing to bet you would probably plant evidence to make sure someone was found guilty. Think about how you say things before you say them, it makes you sound hypocritical.

MissJacksonCA
28-Sep-2007, 02:16 PM
Lethal injection is cruel and unusual. Dont get me wrong I'm an advocate for creative and swift death penalties but it is cruel. It's not fast and its supposed to be quite painful.

slickwilly13
28-Sep-2007, 04:34 PM
Executions need to be more gruesome and painful. Maybe it will deter some people. Maybe not. I know for a fact that our methods of executing people is nothing compared to some countries in the world. In some African country, can't remember which one, they take a person and bury him or her up to their neck. Then let the driver ants kill them.

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2007, 05:26 PM
Executions need to be more gruesome and painful. Maybe it will deter some people.

wow, that sounds pretty gruesome. i agree though, we need to televise executions or hold them in public places so that everyone gets the idea that if you don't play nice, you get put in permanent time-out.

although some may say it sounds barbaric, i also think we need to become a more militant society. it wouldn't really be all that different from the society we already live in, because we are so saturated and obsessed with violence, but if we harnessed the public's bloodlust and channeled it into a disciplined methodology, our country would be a lot more civilized and stronger in the long run. with kids being spoiled rotten and doped up to the eyeballs on prozac, ritalin, etc., it's now wonder our culture is going down the tubes.

this is going to sound even worse, but events like september 11th, in my opinion, are a blessing in disguise, because it reminds us of the fact that we aren't as invincible as most of us think. also, it puts us in the mindset that we are in fact despised by many ideologies around the world. just because we've got starbucks, mcdonald's, hollywood, it doesn't mean that the whole world thinks america rocks and wants to be our buddies.

i don't know, maybe it's too late already...when japan attacked pearl harbor, it totally awakened a huge patriotic monster war machine with a red, white, and blue hard-on and we commenced to stomp the hell out of all our enemies. and it's not just because of the military, but because of the entire nation's sense of sacrifice and duty. seems like the whole patriotism thing wore off way too quickly after the events of 2001, partially because of the bush administration's poor handling of several key aspects, but i think it's primarily due to a very self-centered, weak, and doped up modern-day american mindset.

sorry bout the rant...but i think it kinda relates to what you already said slick...

MissJacksonCA
29-Sep-2007, 03:37 PM
I dont really think a painful and gruesome death penalty method of death would deter criminals because it takes so damn long for them to actually get it. People dont typically anticipate being caught but they also dont see too far into their future...

slickwilly13
29-Sep-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but you are forgetting. I'm very evil. :evil:

MissJacksonCA
01-Oct-2007, 02:02 AM
People who seek out revenge against people who have wronged them or someone else aren't evil. Evil is being the person who wrongs someone for no apparent or rational reason. And even then that's just the tip of evil... no?

slickwilly13
02-Oct-2007, 01:04 PM
People who seek out revenge against people who have wronged them or someone else aren't evil. Evil is being the person who wrongs someone for no apparent or rational reason. And even then that's just the tip of evil... no?

It was an inside joke and you missed it. :p