PDA

View Full Version : yeah baby!, red ring of death!

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 05:08 PM
So i plugged in my 360 just to charge my controller so i could play halo 3 co-op with my brother, and rather than jsut not work the disc drive i get the red ring of death, why yay?

FREE REPAIR BABY!,i aint payin' no 100 bucks to get it fixed.

shame i got rid of all my 360 games but kameo, but still, good news is good news huh?, 'specially since ive lost about 4 months of my live subscription.:|

slickwilly13
27-Sep-2007, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the club. I got my red ring worm of death last month. It was perfect timing, too. :D

CoinReturn
27-Sep-2007, 06:37 PM
You should have just lied to the Xbox representative in the first place, its not like they check your 360. My friends broke down about a month ago without the red rings, he lied and got a brand new one today.

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 07:31 PM
Im just glad ill be able to play it again, though it meant i got a lot of time playing a backlist of ps2 games id been meaning to play for yonks, shame i got rid of all my 20 odd 360 games cept for kameo, granted i got a good white psp with 5 games and some movies from that and right now there all 2 for 30 so i reckon theyll have more than jsut 3 of the ones ive gotta buy back in the 2 for 20 sale.

DeadJonas190
27-Sep-2007, 07:39 PM
Congratulations on the free fix. I think any repairs needed on something that expensive should be free the first 2 years anway, but that's me speaking as a consumer who is tired of having expensive game systems break on him.

Danny
27-Sep-2007, 07:52 PM
this is the first one for me, and 4 days out of the warranty:bored:

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2007, 11:07 AM
this is the first one for me, and 4 days out of the warranty:bored:
But it should still be free right? Cos you've had your 360 for what, a year and didn't have the extended warranty, but the new MS thing they did extends that to 3 anyway right? So you should be fine.

I bought the extended warranty, so does that mean I'm now covered for 5 years, or that I wasted 50 quid (not my fault, paid up before that MS thing had even been thought of by MS)...anyway, I'm at least good till May 2010.

capncnut
28-Sep-2007, 02:50 PM
Dear MZ, you paid for the extended warranty when? Before or after Peter Moore's announcement? I got an Elite 360 recently and it had one of those promo cards in ("pay us £50 and get an extra three years cover") but when I called Microsoft I was told to ignore that as it was 'old promotional literature' and that I have a full three years at no additional cost.

I think you just spunked a bullseye down the drain. :(

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2007, 05:36 PM
I got it way before the announcement, I got my Xbox mid-May 2007 and got the extended warranty again weeks before the announcement got made. I was already several games deep at that stage, so I didn't spunk any drains in the bullseye...or whatever...yeah.