PDA

View Full Version : 'Bionic Women' getting good reviews?

Neil
28-Sep-2007, 02:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7017760.stm

axlish
28-Sep-2007, 03:17 PM
It was decent, but I thought Starbuck was annoying. I liked Journeyman better.

zombiegirl
01-Oct-2007, 12:27 AM
I tend to go by the rule that a lot of pilot episodes are not nearly as good as the series will be itself. Pilots are always spent laying down basic plot lines of the series and introducing the main characters which can be a little boring. Saying that, the first episode actually wasn't to bad but it's gonna have to get better if it plans to stay on the air. I am adding this show to my weekly watch list for a while to see how it goes.

PJoseph
02-Oct-2007, 03:45 PM
The best part was when the annoying bad robot referred to herself as "the original bionic woman".

Lame.

pJ

capncnut
02-Oct-2007, 03:48 PM
Okay, but why Michelle Ryan? I know she's totally porkable but her acting was dire in EastEnders. I fail to see how her performance in anything would've landed her the bionic job.

Neil
02-Oct-2007, 04:16 PM
Okay, but why Michelle Ryan? I know she's totally porkable but her acting was dire in EastEnders. I fail to see how her performance in anything would've landed her the bionic job.

She left eastenders 2yrs ago... She's done other stuff since...

AcesandEights
02-Oct-2007, 04:58 PM
She left eastenders 2yrs ago... She's done other stuff since...

You mean her toenails, hair, several crunches and multiple pilates sessions?

capncnut
03-Oct-2007, 02:58 PM
You mean her toenails, hair, several crunches and multiple pilates sessions?
Like it... like it... :D

Neil
03-Oct-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, as long as it improves I'm happy so far...

Didn't like...
- the rushed relationship - including baby - to explain him bionicing her
- and Sarah Corvis is the worse assasin ever... Why not just just break Will's neck with her bare hands?

axlish
03-Oct-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, as long as it improves I'm happy so far...

Didn't like...
- the rushed relationship - including baby - to explain him bionicing her
- and Sarah Corvis is the worse assasin ever... Why not just just break Will's neck with her bare hands?

How about the fact that the baby wasn't once mentioned after the operation, bad writing or editing

Do you guys get Journeyman over there? I'm digging that one so far.

Neil
04-Oct-2007, 07:08 AM
How about the fact that the baby wasn't once mentioned after the operation, bad writing or editing

Do you guys get Journeyman over there? I'm digging that one so far.

Indeed, is was rather poor writing... It's like the proverbial sex scene in a film to try and give characters 'depth', rather than just doing some decent writing...

PJoseph
05-Oct-2007, 05:23 AM
Well, the show dropped in ratings this week, so hopefully this show will be gone soon!

pJ

Neil
05-Oct-2007, 08:43 AM
Well, the show dropped in ratings this week, so hopefully this show will be gone soon!

pJ

Don't likey?

Danny
05-Oct-2007, 08:49 AM
cuaght a bit of this on youtube and thought it was pretty "meh" though the only u.s shows i seem to never miss nowadays is mythbusters, american chopper, the 4400, heroes and south park. I used to watch nothign but u.s shows but lately theres been nothing too special really and this, like the terminator series just hasnt been something really with that "wow i gotta watch" factor, though what other 70's sci-fi shows will be back next? the hulk?, get someone else to throw people and do a ferigno once a week then walk down a road to a piano tune?

DVW5150
05-Oct-2007, 01:27 PM
Neil are there more than one bionic woman in the series?
I have not watched it so ...

Neil
05-Oct-2007, 03:33 PM
Neil are there more than one bionic woman in the series?
I have not watched it so ...

answer below...
yes

PJoseph
07-Oct-2007, 04:37 AM
No, I thought it was pretty bad - and not funny-bad that I could enjoy its silliness.

pJ