PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggg

Exatreides
28-Sep-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, how's it going? I just finished basic training at FT. Sill for the US Army. It was hard, hot, and I'm glad i'm out of there. But for some reason I kind of miss it.

Anyway, I have been out of the loop on everything zombie related, world news, games, tv, sports and everything for about 11 weeks. (When you don't shower for a week at the FOB, you really dont have a chance to check the T.V)

Now I'm stuck in reception for 3 more weeks. Was supposed to start with Alpha company on the 24th, but well....to many people want to be medics. So my spot got taken. Everyone from my battery at basic is over there and i'm stuck here. Joy eh? Picking leaves and mowing lawns for 2 weeks( and attempting to fend off insanity.)

How's everyone doing, hows everything going? I miss the civilized(sp) world

bassman
28-Sep-2007, 07:21 PM
Welcome back, Exa.

About the only thing new in the zombie world is that Romero's "Diary of the Dead" got picked up for distribution and we should hear of a release date soon.

Glad to hear about you finishing training. A good buddy of mine lost his life in Iraq about 3 weeks ago, so when you go over there, keep your head down and be careful.

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2007, 07:21 PM
congrats.

i salute you, fellow brother-at-arms.

brings back memories about my last days of basic and trying to fit back into the real world. just wait till you get to go play in the sandbox and then try to catch back up with the world. that's a whole new ballgame.

anyway, glad to hear you made it through basic. now comes the hard part (they call it basic for a reason, you'll find out)

i was in the marines, so we didn't have medics, but we had the privilege of being taken care of by the navy's finest, the corpsmen. while i was in iraq, the corpsman in my platoon had balls of steel and a heart of gold. i'm sure that the army will instill the same characteristics in you as a medic.

keep in touch, and good luck with everything.

Exatreides
28-Sep-2007, 07:41 PM
Ft. Sill is hot, very hot in the summer. We had quite a few heat catagory 5's. 100+ degree's in full battle rattle. Issued a weapon that was defective, making it jam alot more often than it should (2 washers on the gas release insted of 3. Shot a 29, right now have a low ass pt score of 198. But hopefully I can boost my run up alot more soon.

I'm national guard, but my unit the 38th infantry division deploys in march of 08, i finish ait feb. So maybe.

I just want to be a Combat Medic, go save as many of our lives and well lives in general ya know. Not sit in reception for god knows how long waiting for a slot to open up.

I thought about being a corpsmen, but the Guard promised more benefits, but still look foward to iraqistan

FoodFight
28-Sep-2007, 10:12 PM
Dang....I graduated basic almost 24 years ago. Sounds like we both had the same weapon!

Best wishes in your future endeavors!

Danny
29-Sep-2007, 01:35 AM
i was in the marines, so we didn't have medics, but we had the privilege of being taken care of by the navy's finest, the corpsmen. while i was in iraq, the corpsman in my platoon had balls of steel and a heart of gold. i'm sure that the army will instill the same characteristics in you as a medic.

keep in touch, and good luck with everything.

wouldnt you be ****ting your self just a little when your health was put in the care of someone who would introduce themselves as the corpsman?, why not just medic?

SRP76
29-Sep-2007, 01:40 AM
I thought about being a corpsmen, but the Guard promised more benefits, but still look foward to iraqistan

Heh, Corpsmen...we always used to joke about them: "the last thing I want when I'm bleeding is to go see a 'Corpse-Man'!". It just never seemed right. (I am a former squid, by the way).:D

Congratulations on your milestone! People say a lot about Basic, but, no matter who you talk to, they never forget their experiences there. When looking back, you find that it was one of the best of times (especially the last couple weeks, when you're "senior").

ProfessorChaos
29-Sep-2007, 02:35 AM
Congratulations on your milestone! People say a lot about Basic, but, no matter who you talk to, they never forget their experiences there. When looking back, you find that it was one of the best of times (especially the last couple weeks, when you're "senior").

yeah, i remember before my platoon graduated from mcrd san diego, they let us begin to grow what little hair the marine corps regulations allows, and we all thought that was the cat's meow. everytime we'd see a platoon with all the kids walking around with their baby bird haircuts, we'd think we just marched down from everest or something. but yeah, once you get to that point in basic, you feel like a million bucks.:D

and then you get to go back home, have your first beer since basic, get in your first fight since basic, get your first piece of ass since basic.....ah, memories.:cool:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2007, 08:15 AM
It's good to see your sweet (metaphorically and sentimentally speaking) avatar again, Exatreides. Congratulations on your progress, post when you can (but we understand if it's not much or very rarely) and most importantly of all thank you for your service and be careful wherever you are stationed!