PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my 360

DeadJonas190
29-Sep-2007, 05:28 AM
I bought the Halo 3 edition to match my Halo Xbox. My gamertag is recluse189 if you want to add me.

So far all I have is Halo 3, but I plan on getting Bioshock soon. My friend is loaning me Dead Rising tomorrow so I am excited about that.

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2007, 12:23 PM
I bought the Halo 3 edition to match my Halo Xbox. My gamertag is recluse189 if you want to add me.

So far all I have is Halo 3, but I plan on getting Bioshock soon. My friend is loaning me Dead Rising tomorrow so I am excited about that.
Ahhh welcome to the fold, Sir.

Just remember - treat it like a King and keep it ventilated. :)

Also, if you ever get one of those 'disc read errors', listen to the disc drive, if it's running slow then it's got piss all to do with the disc being unreadable, what has happened is - at least what I reckon anyway - is that the reader got lost and couldn't find the next chunk of required data, or something didn't 'connect the dots' whilst streaming data to your memory unit (be it card or hard-drive). The disc sometimes 'spins down', when it isn't required to be spinning so fast, to stream data and what happens is - as I figure it - when it's required to provide new data, it's gotten itself lost...like when you drop a book and can't find the page you were on...it's pretty rare though.

I've had a theory, perhaps it's to do with how the data is packed onto the disc, whether it's easier or harder to find the right piece of data...because with "Gears of War" (great game by the way, highly recommended), I've had it spin down frequently and spin at the resting pace for quite a long time and then spin up for new data and then quieten down again with absolutely no fuss whatsoever...so perhaps it's down to how the data is presented on the disc? Hmmm...*ponders, tapping chin*

I've had that happen, the disc has wound down and the laser or whatever has gotten lost...just take the disc out and start again, can be annoying at times, but not the end of the world...just saying because when I first got one of those I almost cried because I didn't really understand what was going on, but since then I've had a few of them and it's always to do with not finding the data, it's a rare occurrence though...anyway, I'll shut-up, don't wanna take the buzz of owning a new 360, mmm...lush. :)

Sorry to go off on a completely different tangent there, anyway...enjoy the fun of the 360, I've sure had a lot of fun with it, I just need to get myself a new game or something...I'm thinking of PGR4 when it comes out in a couple of weeks.

slickwilly13
29-Sep-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok. I'll add you. Btw, get a Game Shark cooling fan w/ its own power supply. Even though the newer SEXBOX 369s produce less heat than the 1st and 2nd waves, the fan keeps it cooler. Also the cooling fan comes w/ a rechargeable battery pack, a charging station for both the batteries and a remote control. And it is a vertical stand.

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2007, 06:00 PM
Is that the cooler that plugs onto the back side of the Xbox? If so, those are rubbish and not recommended, something to do with HDMI as well as something else.

I duno about those ones that sit beside/on top of the Xbox.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3272955/-/Product.html?searchstring=cooler&searchsource=0

That's the one I'm on about, apparently that isn't recommended. So I don't think it's the same as the one you're on about Slick, but anyway...just thought I'd mention it regardless.

Rottedfreak
29-Sep-2007, 07:38 PM
I am considering buying a Xbox 360 for a few reasons but will hold on for a 'Falcon' model that will have a lower failure rate. These stories about hardware problems really do put me off at the minute.

CoinReturn
29-Sep-2007, 08:01 PM
I think they've pretty much fixed the "3 red lights" problem with the newer models. They added an extra heatsink and an HDMI port to every 360 since last month. Even if it does fail on you, its a free repair courtesy of Microsoft. My friend sent his in for repair a month ago, and they sent him a brand new console. I recommend taking the plunge, Rotted, you'll be enjoying the best game console in years.

slickwilly13
29-Sep-2007, 08:01 PM
Innercoolers are crap. Don't use them. I have this, insteed.

http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=303&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Accessories

Here's a U.K. site.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Xbox-360hbn3kn02bvt/Madcatz-4-In-1-Charger-and-Fan-Stand

MikePizzoff
29-Sep-2007, 09:40 PM
I was going to tell you to keep it well ventilated but it seems you're on top of it.

Have fun with your SexBox369!

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2007, 10:01 PM
"Falcon" model?

I'd heard something about an entirely new Core Console build that was announced this week, but didn't hear any specifics.

darth los
30-Sep-2007, 01:09 AM

Welcome to the party pal !! The halo themed 360 is cool but i could live without that retro, olive green 70's color though. Only wish i had the time to play. :(

DeadJonas190
01-Oct-2007, 03:35 AM
I am considering buying a Xbox 360 for a few reasons but will hold on for a 'Falcon' model that will have a lower failure rate. These stories about hardware problems really do put me off at the minute.

From what I read recently, the Halo theme 360 was made with the Falcon chip in it. Hopefully it's true because I will be pissed if this thing dies on me.

Thanks for the advice guys, I plan on getting something to keep it cool, but it is in a pretty well ventilated area right now. I may just go with a small fan or something like that to keep on it.

On a side note, we had a Halo 3 lan party at my friends house last night. My friend set up 2 huge fans, one on each side of the table we had all the TV's on. That kept it prety cool where the 360's were at. As for the Halo 3 party... it was freaking awesome, I suggest you guys partake in one.

Danny
01-Oct-2007, 03:37 AM
I think they've pretty much fixed the "3 red lights" problem with the newer models. They added an extra heatsink and an HDMI port to every 360 since last month. Even if it does fail on you, its a free repair courtesy of Microsoft. My friend sent his in for repair a month ago, and they sent him a brand new console. I recommend taking the plunge, Rotted, you'll be enjoying the best game console in years.

see, the only thing making me not rush to send my red ringed sumbitch off for repair is the month itll take, which is stupid considering it doesnt work now anyway:lol:

bassman
01-Oct-2007, 02:28 PM
I have a question about the internet connections for the 360....

I haven't hooked my 360 up to the net becuase it's not close to a phoneline/ethernet cord. If I were to get it hooked up, do I get to play other people on the net with that free package, or can you only play others with the package that costs money?

I want to play others on the net now that I have Halo 3(AWESOME :D ) but I don't know if I want to go through all the trouble of subscribing to the service just for this one game.

Danny
01-Oct-2007, 03:53 PM
no you can only play online gaems with the 30 quid a eyar subscription.

DeadJonas190
02-Oct-2007, 06:00 AM
You get a free month of xbox live gold, but after that you have to pay. It is either $50 a year or you can get 3 month subscription cards for $20. If you can find a place that sells the package, you can get a year and a headset for like $60, which is worth it unless you have a headset already.

The only thing you need is a windows live id. If you don't already have one, you can set one up in a couple minutes through the xbox live sign up and its free. It is definatly worth setting up... but you need to do it through an ethernet connection, they do not have a phone line modem on the 360.

MinionZombie
02-Oct-2007, 09:50 AM
Now, I have t'internet broadband through the phone line - so this means I couldn't get on Live even if I wanted to?

Geez, bit restrictive innit? :rolleyes: We had ethernet back at Uni, but I don't have that here back at home...

capncnut
02-Oct-2007, 03:01 PM
That said, if anyone signs up with Virgin Interactive, you get a year's gold subsciption for free.

ProfessorChaos
03-Nov-2007, 04:06 AM
i got mine tonight...plus dead rising.....halo3 will be my next purchase. see you guys on live real soon!:D

*runs off, pumping fists while "rocky" music blares in his head*

DeadJonas190
03-Nov-2007, 06:01 AM
Awesome, let us know your gamertag so we can add you.

slickwilly13
03-Nov-2007, 03:05 PM
That's funny. Dead Rising was my 1st game for the 369.:cool:

Danny
03-Nov-2007, 04:26 PM
mine were condemned, kameo, burnout revenge, call of duty 4 and somethin' i cant rmember.

MinionZombie
04-Nov-2007, 09:19 PM
*gets his pedantic on*

Call of Duty 3 you mean. :D

I must get that one soon for cheap, COD4 is soon to rock up at my door so I can spoodge all over the shop. :lol:

...ewwww...:p