PDA

View Full Version : I dont adam & eve it!

Tricky
02-Oct-2007, 09:57 PM
Ive just paid £1.03 per litre for diesel on an ordinary petrol station forecourt :mad: what the blinking flip is going on???even at the height of the fuel protests back in 2000 when everyone was panic buying it didnt hit that level,& now thats the standard price!why are we letting the government get away with this without so much as a whimper?no doubt it will go up again when mr **** colour decides he needs more cash out of us

kortick
02-Oct-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah we are being raped
and they dont even have the decency to spit on it before they
sodomize us, never mind having the decency to give us a reach around

i dont know how much that amount translates into us dollars
its about $2.62 a gallon here for gas

but I have to say I find the terms you use to kill me

there are so many phrases you have used that I just love
and have never heard before

I am going to go thru old posts and make a best of tricky phrase
post for everyone to enjoy

now if you will all excuse me I have to go make coffee for
a 5 year old who is a caffiene addict.
He howls at you in the morning for his cup of joe
before you send him off to kindergarten.
nothing like being waken up by a 5 year old
demanding his morning fix. his mother started him
on this cuz "it gets him to wake up quicker". I told her
we are going to have to put him in detox. right now as i type this
he is yelling cuz the coffee I made
is done and he isnt getting any. now I have to argue with
him as to why he cant have it black, he has to put
milk and sugar in it.

gas prices and kindergarten kids who whine for caffiene
what a world.
Im so glad we invaded an oil rich nation so our prices could go up
we should be shipping the stuff over here for nothing
its called the spoils of war
we spoiled your country so we get anything good you have
and you have oil , so give it up

Danny
02-Oct-2007, 10:24 PM
...becuase it is a finite fuel source which isnt gonna last much longer, suplly and demand an' all that?:confused:

Tricky
02-Oct-2007, 10:29 PM
...becuase it is a finite fuel source which isnt gonna last much longer, suplly and demand an' all that?:confused:

Thats true but the reserves arent that low yet to justify what we are paying for it,britain has always been the world leader in arse rape fuel prices though :mad:

rightwing401
03-Oct-2007, 12:39 AM
The same way you can boil a frog alive. You drop the frog in a pot bubbling from heat, it'll try to jump the hell out the second its skin touches the scaling water.
On the flip side, you drop the frog in normal water, and gradually heat it up, you'll kill the sucker.
That's the same way the rising gas prices go. If you put it up a little bit every once and a while, you can reach the same point while giving the masses time to adjust to the increase. It's diabolically simple.

SRP76
03-Oct-2007, 02:18 AM
Look no further than the fatcats that control your gasoline/petrol companies. They love to try to blame the government, but that's a load af crap.

They say, "oh, OPEC is raising the price of crude from"...oh, let's say..."$40 a barrel, to $80 a barrel! That's why your gasoline is so expensive!". Yeah, okay. That might work with the sheep, but not with me.

$40 to $80 is double. I don't care what kind of math you want to use, 80 will always be twice 40. Now, look at your gas price: from $1 a gallon, to $3 a gallon (yes, that's what happened when this started).

From 1 to 3 is triple. Hmmmm.....

If your crude doubles in price, the petrol doubles, and the gasoline company maintains the exact same profit percentage. The ratio should remain the same.

Now, when you triple the price of the gas you're selling, while only paying double price for your crude....WOW, look what happens! RECORD PROFITS!

Every damned quarter! For the past 3 years, the gasoline companies have recorded "record profit"...and then broken the record next quarter...then broken that record the next...and on and on.

And all the while, people believe their line of B.S., that "it's the government; it's OPEC; it's the one-armed man". Yeah, right.

Someone should drag these customer-fleecing bastards out of their penthouses, and slap them senseless.

[/rant]:p

Danny
03-Oct-2007, 04:41 AM
guess with all the "petrol can only stretch so far" campaigning for new energy sources over the last few decades theyve figured "wow, so were gonna have no buisness in 20 years, should we try and develop a new clean energy efficient vehicle?....nah, lets jsut hike the prices up to make triple what we normally would a year in the time we have left" and THEN comes the devious frog in water plan....:shifty:

Tricky
03-Oct-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes the gas companies do make a huge profit,but even so 80% of the fuel cost in the UK is still tax.I see the billions of pounds britain pisses into the wind in foreign aid,the EU,on asylum seekers,sex changes for weirdos on the NHS,fat cat public sector salaries & pensions,horrible looking "monuments & art projects",benefits for the idle & the workshy,i mean for fooks sake we even pay child support to people working in this country who's kids & family dont even live here!and it just makes me think of the massive tax cuts we could have if someone was strong enough to stand up & just cut all the waste at a stroke.Yes it would ruffle a lot of feathers among those receiving all this money,and they would kick up a stink,but so what?

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes the gas companies do make a huge profit,but even so 80% of the fuel cost in the UK is still tax.I see the billions of pounds britain pisses into the wind in foreign aid,the EU,on asylum seekers,sex changes for weirdos on the NHS,fat cat public sector salaries & pensions,horrible looking "monuments & art projects",benefits for the idle & the workshy,i mean for fooks sake we even pay child support to people working in this country who's kids & family dont even live here!and it just makes me think of the massive tax cuts we could have if someone was strong enough to stand up & just cut all the waste at a stroke.Yes it would ruffle a lot of feathers among those receiving all this money,and they would kick up a stink,but so what?
Basically what's needed is - common sense.

Common sense PWNS!!! :cool:

Tricky
03-Oct-2007, 06:24 PM
Basically what's needed is - common sense.

Common sense PWNS!!! :cool:

Amen MZ,amen!:D

Yojimbo
03-Oct-2007, 07:49 PM
Look no further than the fatcats that control your gasoline/petrol companies. They love to try to blame the government, but that's a load af crap.

They say, "oh, OPEC is raising the price of crude from"...oh, let's say..."$40 a barrel, to $80 a barrel! That's why your gasoline is so expensive!". Yeah, okay. That might work with the sheep, but not with me.

$40 to $80 is double. I don't care what kind of math you want to use, 80 will always be twice 40. Now, look at your gas price: from $1 a gallon, to $3 a gallon (yes, that's what happened when this started).

From 1 to 3 is triple. Hmmmm.....

If your crude doubles in price, the petrol doubles, and the gasoline company maintains the exact same profit percentage. The ratio should remain the same.

Now, when you triple the price of the gas you're selling, while only paying double price for your crude....WOW, look what happens! RECORD PROFITS!

Every damned quarter! For the past 3 years, the gasoline companies have recorded "record profit"...and then broken the record next quarter...then broken that record the next...and on and on.

And all the while, people believe their line of B.S., that "it's the government; it's OPEC; it's the one-armed man". Yeah, right.

Someone should drag these customer-fleecing bastards out of their penthouses, and slap them senseless.

[/rant]:p

Agreed. And it goes right down the line from the oil barons right to the jerk-offs running the service station. Every point along the line someone is getting their little bit of payout, whether it be tariffs, or federal taxes, or state taxes, or even on the municipal level (like when a particular city decides to "stop global warming" by levying an additional 10 cent tax at the pump)

kortick
03-Oct-2007, 08:51 PM
can anyone translate the ratio of cost for me

what is 1.03 per litre in us dollars and gallons?
like i said its about 2.65 per gallon here

im cereal can some one do a rough translation?

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2007, 10:35 AM
The roughest translation is Kortick, Brits generally pay twice as much for fuel than you American folks.

Also, the everyday cost of fuel is always higher in the UK, than the cost of fuel is in the USA when there is a price hike - i.e. we're the most screwed, so whenever an American bitches about fuel prices, they should stop and think about us poor Brits. :sneaky::(

I had the facts and figures and did all the translations a few months back when there was a thread about American fuel prices, not sure where it is, can't be arsed to look, but I do remember those two basic facts.

kortick
04-Oct-2007, 05:19 PM
Thankz mz

thats all I wanted was a rough translation

so if you are paying double then it would be
about $5 +/- a gallon here

pretty steep

dont know how you do it

we almost had another revolution when it was $3
at $5 you would have seen bush and cheney flung into a river of snot

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2007, 05:53 PM
I think it was somewhere near/just over $6 per gallon when I did the original conversions in that post I was on about just before.

So indeed, spare a thought for us Brits ... still, at least we don't tend to drive gas guzzling SUVs and Hummers and such...but it's still anal rape at the pumps on a daily basis. :eek:

Plus, European car engines are far more efficient and powerful. :D It's just fact, ask Jeremy Clarkson. :):p

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 07:22 PM
So indeed, spare a thought for us Brits ... still, at least we don't tend to drive gas guzzling SUVs and Hummers and such...but it's still anal rape at the pumps on a daily basis. :eek:

Exactly. Conspicuous consumption is less of an option when prices are at that level. It annoys me to no end to see folks in these tanks, but come to think of it, these idiots would still drive their SUVs and Hummers if the prices were at UK levels. It would just add to the cachet!

SRP76
04-Oct-2007, 10:46 PM
Exactly. Conspicuous consumption is less of an option when prices are at that level. It annoys me to no end to see folks in these tanks, but come to think of it, these idiots would still drive their SUVs and Hummers if the prices were at UK levels. It would just add to the cachet!

Well, Hummers are one thing, but SUVs are another. They are awfully handy, when you don't have them.

For instance, when you need to replace your bathroom floor. I want to see someone carry a sheet of plywood home on their bicycle.

And, if you live on a dirt road in the country (which half the people in the U.S. do), you're going to have fun driving a Volkswagen beetle through the slop after a rain.

Grocery shopping? I tend to shop for more than one day at a time. I don't feel like having shopping bags sitting on my lap, because the car is the size of a toaster oven.

Got children? You're going to travel to Aunt Harriet's house with them sardine-canned into a Dodge Shadow? I don't think so.

SUVs have a lot of practical use. They aren't just there to feed our penis length.

AcesandEights
04-Oct-2007, 11:03 PM
My SUV used to be damn near necessary where I lived and now is great for when I need it, which is only to run errands, since I train to the city for work meetings and conduct much of my business from home.

acealive1
04-Oct-2007, 11:10 PM
i remember when oil was $20 a barrel. that wasnt even 15 years ago

Yojimbo
05-Oct-2007, 01:22 AM
Well, Hummers are one thing, but SUVs are another. They are awfully handy, when you don't have them.

For instance, when you need to replace your bathroom floor. I want to see someone carry a sheet of plywood home on their bicycle.

And, if you live on a dirt road in the country (which half the people in the U.S. do), you're going to have fun driving a Volkswagen beetle through the slop after a rain.

Grocery shopping? I tend to shop for more than one day at a time. I don't feel like having shopping bags sitting on my lap, because the car is the size of a toaster oven.

Got children? You're going to travel to Aunt Harriet's house with them sardine-canned into a Dodge Shadow? I don't think so.

SUVs have a lot of practical use. They aren't just there to feed our penis length.

You are right, that many people do in fact have a legitimate use for an SUV, and in those circumstances I can completely understand the reasoning behind having one. Certainly, they offer a good compromise between having a pickup truck and having a passenger vehicle, and if you are going to be going off-road then they are going to come in quite handy.

Certainly, you have established that you need an SUV in your daily routine, and I can respect that, but quite honestly I am sure that you are aware that there are many SUV owners who have no real need to have an SUV other than to compensate for a crack in their very shallow self image. Admittedly, I should have been more specific about who I was referring to as "idiots" as there are many folks out there that frankly are driving SUVs as a fashion statement and to satisfy their need to inflate their own egos. These are the folks who would never go off road (it could scratch their ride!) who never transport anything more than themselves and maybe a few of their other trust fund friends, who would never know what to do with a sheet of plywood, let alone haul one in their egomobile. They don't need to haul groceries home since they have housekeepers who they pay to do it for them.

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2007, 10:59 AM
We never had need for such a contraption when I was growing up, the average family with 2.4 children, as the saying used to go (it's kinda different these days apparently).

Anyway, a saloon car was plenty space, and the most recent car my Dad got has an 8ft square boot before the seats are folded down, we've transported loads of stuff in that car before.

Anything larger, which is rare - easy - rent a van, like we did when I was moving out of Uni after graduation.

I see so many of these 4x4's going around, and they're f*cking spotless and never have more than 2 or maybe 3 kids in them - nothing a saloon can't handle. And size has nout to do with safety - a Euro NCAP safety rating has everything to do with safety. 5 being the best, 1 being a ticket to your nearest cemetery.

Yes, there are people who have legit uses for such vehicles, but they are far less than the number of 4x4's actually on the road...it's like those bloody people carriers - again TWO BLOODY KIDS in a vehicle that could hold 3 times that many snot-rags!

Trend-following numpties.

Tricky
05-Oct-2007, 05:58 PM
I can tell you now,i will NEVER own anything that even remotely looks like this
http://www.humans.com/pages/images/multipla.jpg

Horrible,horrible looking cars!driven by those geeky jesus sandled wimpy blokes who never had a life before meeting their partner,and now run around in a clownshoes vehicle like that,probably with a fish symbol on the back & church stickers in the back window.And two kids in the back called tobias & joshua

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2007, 06:02 PM
To quote Bam Margera, I'd kick my own ass if I drove that thing. :lol:

Yojimbo
11-Oct-2007, 01:18 AM
Horrible,horrible looking cars!driven by those geeky jesus sandled wimpy blokes who never had a life before meeting their partner,and now run around in a clownshoes vehicle like that,probably with a fish symbol on the back & church stickers in the back window.And two kids in the back called tobias & joshua

Dude, you are too funny!